WWYD- GFC or the Wave..

got15

DIS Veteran
We have never seen Rope Drop at MK before and would love to check it out. We were thinking of doing either GFC or the Wave for Breakfast one morning. We are a party of 4 (2 adults, 2DS 3 and 6). We have eating at GFC for breakfast before- never Wave. We would like to do whichever is yummiest, quickest, and gets us positioned into the best spot (if possible). Thanks in advance!

I've only done the Wave at lunch or dinner time, but I've heard very good things about their breakfast buffet. I suppose the question is: do you want a buffet or entrees (GFC)?

I'm a fan of the breakfast buffet at The Wave. I've had a lunch at GFC but not breakfast, so can't compare the two. Anyway it might be more relaxed if you do rope drop and a few rides first, and then head out for a leisurely breakfast, instead of having to rush through breakfast to get to rope drop. If breakfast must be before rope drop, then I'd go with a quick service option, or even bring your own food and eat in the room.

Both breakfasts are good, though I prefer the atmosphere at GFC much better. There are floor to ceiling windows and its very bright with garden views. The Wave is enclosed, no windows, pretty dark.

74123_158295040872267_7979124_n.jpg

the-wave.jpg

If trying to make rope drop is the most important part, I would go with The Wave, as you can walk to the Magic Kingdom from there.

If trying to make rope drop is the most important part, I would go with The Wave, as you can walk to the Magic Kingdom from there.
I agree with this. I'd go with the Wave. Plus at the Wave you can order from the menu OR eat from the buffet. The choice is yours!

The Wave offers a buffet (or order from menu) which cuts down on wait time for your meal. My husband loves it. I have dietary issues so I order from the menu. I don't know of a buffet at GFC. I ate there years ago, but it was delicious!
Like another post, you are in control of transportation (your feet) from the Wave!

We have eat at GFC for dinner a few times and enjoyed. But The Wave IMO is one of the best breakfasts on property. The buffet is really good, and you can control better how quick you can get in and out. Plus, a 10 min walk to MK entrance is a plus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter