Wwyd: genie + in November

limace

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Coming with a group of 8 from November 16-20, arriving at the Grand about noon on a Wednesday and then having the next three full days. Buying parkhoppers. I can get genie+ now with our getaway today tickets-should I? It’s a lot-and if we don’t need it four days I might play it by ear.

What a fun trip! It's probably going to be a bit crowded (festive?), but with so many days to enjoy the parks you'll have plenty of time to see everything you want -- especially with park hoppers. That was a smart buy. I would only get Genie+ if someone in your party complains a lot about waiting in lines. (With some groups, it only takes one person to bring the fun level down.) But if your group of 8 is generally positive and flexible, I think you can spend that money on something else. And if you haven't checked out the Disney tourist blog, I'd highly recommend it. There are several posts about managing the parks with or without Genie+ and can give you a good sense of what your group can look forward to.

100% get genie+ In particular when you have park hoppers. You will not be able to use them all, and it a saver when the parks are crowded. I was a big fastpass fan, very nervous using genie+ for the first time a few weeks ago. Very, very glad I bought it for the full trip.

You can always buy it on the days you are going to tour more heavily and forgo it on the days you will do the parks more leisurely if that is your style. That said, if I was not on a tight budget, I would not have a problem buying it for every day of my trip either.

We got Genie+ for our whole trip and used it a bunch! I highly recommend it if it is at all in your budget.

I pulled the trigger and bought it-ouch at that extra $640. It was both that I hope it’ll make it easier and that I couldn’t face trying to negotiate “purchase or not” with 8 people every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter