WWYD-family of 5-POR or AOA Suite for one night?

Shea&Van

&Waves
Hi everyone,

We are considering changing our room from LM standard room. We've adjusted the dates of our rental house and only now need a place to stay on our arrival day (Thanksgiving).

Here's our situation...we arrive Thanksgiving at 1:00 p.m. We have dinner reservations that evening at 6:30, so we are planning to go straight from the airport to the hotel. Refresh, relax and then head to dinner at the WL (Hoop Dee Do).

After dinner we'll go back to the hotel and hit the hay early. The next morning we have BBB appointments at MK at 8 a.m. We'll likely be at MK most of the day on Friday (11/29) until we can check into our off-site accomodations (2 or 3, I think).

So, very little time in the room. My questions are as follows:

Would you go for POR or an AOA suite? We are a family of 5 (w/ the baby being "not counted" as she is under two) but there is a good chance my Mom will bunk with us, so POR is the only place I think we'll fit unless we do the AOA suite. The cost to go from POR to an AOA suite is roughly $100. I know my kids would love the theming at AOA, but my brain is telling me to spend the extra $100 toward our MVMCP tickets. Would the splurge be worth it to you?

Which resort is easiest to get to WL from? How about getting to MK early the next morning?

We will have a rental van so driving ourselves may be the preferred method of transportation for our traveling party.

We really want to stay at the WL, but I just can't justify the significant cost increase for our size party. Thought about renting points for the night, but we have some extra funds left on our gift cards that we want to use for this night on-site.

What would you do and why? Any other recommendations that I may have missed for our specific situation?

Thanks for any insight you have to share. Feedback is warmly appreciated. :thumbsup2

83 days and counting...:yay:

Happy planning DisPals!!!

Have you thought about the cabins at Ft. Wilderness? They sleep 6, and would have you real close to Hoop de Doo and you can take the boat to MK from there and not have to deal with the buses. It would def be cheaper than WL, but you'd need to price it out against AOA and POR. I stayed there in 2000 with 6 adult women, we had a great time and plenty of room. I would request a cabin close to a bus stop. As far as getting to MK from AOA and POR, I don't think there's too much of a difference, buses from both. I am always about saving $$ on room since we spend so little time there, so I'd prob go with POR and put the $100 toward the rest of the trip.

The Hoop Dee Do is not at the WL it's at the Fort Wilderness Campground. Whichever ever resort you stay at you take the bus to MK then the boat to Fort Wilderness. Then it's a short walk to where its held. I would save money and stay at Riverside, which with getting ready in the morning 2 bathrooms might be worth the $100. So I guess I really didn't help much.

If you have a car stay offsite or at downtown Disney. The doubletree would give you a lot more room

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What time do you have Hoop Dee Doo?
I think DisneyGirl gave you great advice. You don't have much time - you might as well be where you are eating that night. I think a one night stay in the cabin would be fun!

Thanks for the clarification...I knew that HDDR was at the Fort, but thought it was part of the WL. Seems like I will need to allow extra time to get to the Fort!

Here's the price breakdown of options:
POR - $255
ASSp - $308 (two rooms, hopefully connecting)
LM - $342 (two rooms, hopefully connecting)
ASM - $348 (family suite)
AoA - $397 (family suite)
Cabin - $457

I think Cabin would be my first choice, but my gosh -- the cost!!!!

Maybe you all are right, just go with POR since we'll only be there a short time!

Decisions, decisions!

Thanks to all for your feedback and thoughts. It is most appreciated! :flower3:

So you are possibly going to have 3 adults, 2 children, and 1 under 3 in the one little room at POR? With one bathroom? Even for one night, I think that is a tight squeeze.

Because it is only for 1 night, I'd save the extra $100 and book at POR. AOA looks incredibly fun but for the cost of a family suite, you can book at a room a deluxe resort. It's going to be a tight squeeze but, as I said, since it's only for that 1 night it shouldn't be anything that everyone can't handle. :thumbsup2

For one night, I would do POR if you must stay on property, no way you get your monies worth at the others with your schedule.

I always need a one night pre-package and mostly stay off-property or DTD. I try to check out different resorts. I am going to Embassy Suites LBV South next week. Stayed there 9 days in May, its new, large suites and only 10 minutes to the MK toll booth. So nice I want to go back but still paying low price. I'd rather save the money and use it elsewhere.

I would do AoA.

The extra space and comfort for even one night would be worth the $100 for me.

I would do the AOA suite. It is so fun there!! Having the space is awesome! The food court and pools are great. Your family will love it. We found it fun for all ages. We stayed in lion king and it was really quiet.

For only 1 night, I would do POR. You aren't going to be there very long at all. I would save the extra $$ and put it towards something else.

Well for your situation I would choose AoA family suite. 5 PLUS a baby would be extremely tight at POR. It is only one night but still. I guess it really depends on how likely it is that your mom will end up staying with you. If she's there, for sure AoA. If not, I'd just go with POR. I would also REALLY recommend driving to Hoop Dee Doo. It is a VERY time consuming trip to use disney transportation. You have to transfer at MK (bus to MK and then either bus or boat to FW). Also, AoA usually has dedicated bus service so getting to MK the next morning is likely to be quicker from AoA. No guarantees on that one though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter