WWYD- DP options

hes122

DIS Veteran
I'm in the early stages of planning a future trip and came across a good dilemma (IMO) to have. The trip would be 10 nights at GF during Free Dining Promotion. So here's my two options (but willing to take suggestions for others):

A) Stay in the base room at GF and upgrade the FD to DxDP.

or

B) Upgrade to CL and keep the DP that comes with the package.

My initial thought was to do option A, but that's a LOT of food even with using some of the credits for signature restaurants when you're in an amusement park all day. I figured with option B breakfast (not huge breakfast eaters) could be eaten in the CL freeing up the CS and TS credits for in the parks.

Thoughts?

I'd go with option B. I'd also keep a lookout for room discounts available at that time. Unless you are 5 adults, chances are you'll save more money using a room discount (especially for club level) and buying the DDP than getting the free dining plan promotion and paying rack rate.

I'd probable do option 1, but that's because I really don't care for cs meals.
If you are happy with a cs lunch and/or dinner per day, then the club upgrade makes more sense.
As you pointed out, the club level basically gives you a continental breakfast every day. Snacks through the day. Appetizers in the evening. Thus, really matching a lot of what you can basically get on the deluxe. You can even make a light dinner of appetizers 1 night, and do signature another night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter