WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2

I bought the WW chocolate shake mix and couldn't get past the grainyness:sick: So if anyone would like to try a box (minus 1 pack) let me know and I will send them out.

Forgot to add I have lost 2 more lbs. I really need to fix my ticker.

Congrats on your loss!!!:banana:

Did you try the shake in a blender with ice? I find it makes a big difference blending it, may be worth a try.

That fudge looks real good, I am going to try that this weekend. Do you put it in the fridge to harden it up or just eat it from the bowl?

Is that one serving from the kettle corn? or do you have to divide it up to make x # of servings.

It all looks good!

That is for a serving of popcorn. You can adjust however you like. You can use 1/4 cup of kernels if you would like. It is a great way to get in your oils!

Put the fudge in the freezer for 1 hour and you are good to go!!!

I ate M&M's last night. And I didn't really want them. :(

I'm on Flex but curious about Core. What's the difference other than no points with Core? Does that mean you can't ever eat something not on the Core list?

You get 35 points to use. The thing with core is that you only get those 35 so you dont use them on things that you feel would waste them. So I dont eat anymore of the 100 calorie packs and I am off of the white pasta, and breads. I have no more cravings for sugar which is nice. I definately say try it. You cant go wrong for giving it a chance.

I have lost 48 pounds, and 35 have been on core so if you need help, let us know!

I bought the WW chocolate shake mix and couldn't get past the grainyness:sick: So if anyone would like to try a box (minus 1 pack) let me know and I will send them out.

Forgot to add I have lost 2 more lbs. I really need to fix my ticker.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!! If you dont want the mix, i would love it!:banana:

Cepmom- Congrats on having a great day even through all that stress. I hope you are ok after your accident and weren't hurt. It really shakes you up when you get hit. Nice job on the goldfish. I am really trying to think before I eat anything, and writing it down before is a great idea. I always write my lunch and snacks down that I'll be eating at work before I go in, and then I know if I'm hungry how many points I have for an extra snack.

Nancy and Marisa- thanks for the recipes. They look awesome. I think I'll try the fudge this weekend after I go to the fair as a reward for controlling my eating.

PrincessGeek- Don't worry about those m&ms. They are in the past, and you can just move forward. I have done both flex and core, and think they both work great. I find when there's a lot going on in my life, that I don't have the time to prepare foods on core like I would like to, and go back to flex. With core you still have the 35 flex points to eat non-core foods with, and I would usually plan to have 5 per day.

Mary Anne:worship: You are amazing! You should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations on your loss. You really have made this a lifestyle change.

natenapril- Congrats on your loss!!

tiggerlover- Let's make a pact- NO MORE MINDLESS EVENING EATING!! Starting right now. We can do it. :cheer2: How are you feeling? Hope you are getting back to yourself again.

Have a great weekend all.

Someone at my meeting suggested writing down your food BEFORE you eat it that way you have a moment to figure out if you really want to eat it or not. Too easy to eat first, then figure the points and regret it.:guilty:

That's exactly what I do. I started out that way from day one. Nothing goes into my mouth that I don't write down. It's more of a habit now I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck staying focused and on program. During the week I'm always so good but if I'm going to sway it's always on the weekend. :guilty:

alright....two good days down so far. I feel so proud of myself!! I didn't run yesterday because I am pretty sore and stiff after the accident; I was rear ended and my neck and back suffered. Thankfully nothing more serious than that. I had my seatbelt on and didn't hit my head or anything. Thankfully I was alone and disn't have the kids with me. The damage isn't pretty ~ the other driver's insurance adjuster called yesterday and said he estimated the damage at about $9500 :eek:

I did run today though, even if a little slower than normal, so I'm off to a great start for today!:woohoo:

Thanks for the recipes...I am on a mission to find the Emeril's butter spray and kettle corn sprinkle today. Anyone know how many points that comes out too?

tiggerlover and toledo ~ hope you are doing well this week.

natenapril ~ congrats on your loss!!:woohoo:

Mary Anne ~ congrats to you too!! 3.8 is awesome! :thumbsup2

PrincessGeek ~ hang in there. Don't feel badly about the M&M's. It's done and over with...the only thing to do is to move on. The thing that has helped me is to stop and figure out the points value FIRST, then that gives me a moment to come to my senses and decide if I really want it. Too many times I have just shoved things in my mouth without even thinking and then feelign horrible after. I keep my tracker right on the counter near the food cabinet to I see everytime I go to look for food. It helps keeps me accountable. :hug:

Have a great day everyone!!

Cepmom- sorry to you're still sore...heal quickly!! Also, I thought about you and your "goldfish rejection" and said NO to my husband when he asked if I wanted any chocolate last night! I also reminded him that I am trying to lose weight and to please stop bringing that stuff into the house!

I'm down 1 pound today...I'm pretty happy about it since I didn't work out much this week. I think I may switch to core....still thinking about it. Your guys' feedback is super helpful, thank you!

Princess, do a little research on teh foods, I can send you a list complete with brands names, and think about the meals you enjoy. It cannot hurt to give it a try, stick with it fro two weeks and see how you feel and if your weight loss os higher on this plan.

I did have a headache for a few days, I was a sugarholic and went through some withdrawal while I was detoxing. I have lost the cravings that had me eating cake and cookies for breakfast and then throughout the day. I can now pass up M&M's and that never happened before!

Cepmom- sorry to you're still sore...heal quickly!! Also, I thought about you and your "goldfish rejection" and said NO to my husband when he asked if I wanted any chocolate last night! I also reminded him that I am trying to lose weight and to please stop bringing that stuff into the house!

I'm down 1 pound today...I'm pretty happy about it since I didn't work out much this week. I think I may switch to core....still thinking about it. Your guys' feedback is super helpful, thank you!

woo-hoo!! Great job on your loss! Good for you on passing up the chocolate!!! Why do guys do that anyway??? DH is always bringing in big bags of candy in the house :mad:

He asked me the other night if he could get me anything to eat while we were watching TV. I'm like "uh...no I'm trying to lose weight, duh!!" :rolleyes: It was sweet of him to offer though ;)

1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and 1 Wasa cracker = 1 (Add some grapes for another point and you have a nice little snack

I :love: this stuff. I use is instead of cream cheese with bagels. I'm also a HUGE fan of pepperoni, so I'll make a 3 pt snack with 1 wedge of this cheese, 5 pieces of pepperoni and 5 crackers (I always use saltine b/c it's what we have). it's pretty good

slightly_obsessed- That smoothie sounds real good, but when I first read it, I read vodka instead of vanilla, and thought ooh, how fun.:rotfl:

For low points snacks, I love the fiberone bars for 2 pts, and ww and slimabear make awesome fudge ice cream bars for 1 point. I love my chocolate. The pudding is great too.

:rotfl: vodka instead of vanilla WOULD be fun. I may have to try that one... :thumbsup2 I've only ever had the oats and chocolate fiber one bars and those are AMAZING.

Weigh in today was 3.8 down (that was for 2 weeks - I missed last week as I was on vacation). Gotta love Epcot and all that walking.

Nice job! :thumbsup2 Just one more reason to love Epcot... like we needed any more. I am so impressed that you can keep that weight loss up on vacation. :worship:

good job! :goodvibes

Today was my WI day - I'm down 2 more lbs! :banana: Happy Sunday everyone!

tiggerlover- Let's make a pact- NO MORE MINDLESS EVENING EATING!! Starting right now. We can do it. :cheer2: How are you feeling? Hope you are getting back to yourself again.

Have a great weekend all.

Mindless eating is the absolute worst and I know I am guilty of my fair share. I am pledging to do my best to put an end to the mindless eating!!:upsidedow
(I am getting much better every day, thanks for asking). Hoping all is well in your corner of the world.

cepmom, I hope you are feeling a little less sore today, getting over those kind of injuries usually take time to heal, I am just hoping each day is a bit better than the one before. I'm doing a lot better, I have lost half of what I gained when I fell off of the wagon, two more pounds to go and I will be happier.

slightly_obsessed, I will have to give the pepperoni a try, that would be a nice alternative treat. Congratulations on your loss this week!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend, it sure is pretty here in Virginia today. DH and I are headed out soon to go walk the boardwalk, I just love days like today.

Onward and downward!

Today was my WI day - I'm down 2 more lbs! :banana: Happy Sunday everyone!

Good for you! Keep that up :thumbsup2

I made a version of Chai tea today and will try it this evening. If it is good I'll post the recipe, if I calculated right it is free for CORE folks once a day and 1 PT for FLEX.

Good for you! Keep that up :thumbsup2

I made a version of Chai tea today and will try it this evening. If it is good I'll post the recipe, if I calculated right it is free for CORE folks once a day and 1 PT for FLEX.

I love chai tea, so if it is a success please do share! Yum!

Tiggerlover-I cannot wait until I try it, I also just got a recipe for pancakes off of the WW CORE board. I hve not tried them yet but intend to soon.
Pancakes.

1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 TBSP Splenda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup plain FF yogurt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon may also be added (optional)

Makes about 3 pancakes.

Mix together. If too thick, add some water.

I use 1/4 cup measure to pour onto my hot griddle.

I like using the Log Cabin Sugar Free syrup

These pancakes taste like the real deal. My husband really likes them.

This is a Keeper Recipe.

Nancyg56 - about the pancakes, maybe a silly question - what type of oatmeal (old fashioned, instant, etc?) And is the oatmeal dry or prepared?

This sounds really good. I doubled the recipe and plugged it into the WW recipe builder - it looks like it is 2 pts for one, 4 pts for two and 7 points for 3 pancakes (for those on flex). I cannot wait to try them and I hope the chai tea is good b/c I love that stuff... thanks!

slightly-obsesed- I would think it is regular oatmeal.

I made the chai tea and I think it needs to be tweaked a little. This is from Recipezaar I believe and the WW subs are in parenthesis. I bumped up the spices a little but will not use cloves it the future. I could not find star anise so I did without and did not add the nutmeg, allspice and pepper. I also finished it with a little skim milk. I'm going to work on it again tomorrow. It was pretty good but not the same as the Pacific Chai that I like.

[FONT=&quot]"Spice this up even further by adding 1 teaspoon each nutmeg and allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. You may choose to omit the French vanilla creamer, and use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead. To do so, mix the vanilla into the sugar, let it dry, then break the sugar into small lumps. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sandi (From CA)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 min | 5 min prep [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SERVES 36 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](GRIND 2 STAR ANISE)[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=&quot]In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Store dry mixture in an airtight container.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Substitutions from [/FONT]reviews in ()

Well, last Monday I decided I needed to take a little break as I had eaten pretty much 22 pts every day & I know that that will make your body stop giving up the weight & go into starvation mode.

So after weighing in I took the day "off." And then that started a terrible downward spiral of confusion and being basically off plan. So this weekend was going to be horrible as I hate being constricted to no flex points on the weekend but I knew to not gain weight, it was the only way.

So I went to Bob Evans Farm Festival on Saturday & didn't eat anything there! Can you imagine? No delicious apple dumpling with ice cream. Nothin, nada. And yesterday I ate only 20 pts and not one bite after 7:30 p.m.

Somehow through the weekend I managed to lose .2 today. Whew. Tragedy avoided. So today is Monday again & you can bet your bottom dollar I will NOT BE TAKING IT OFF. Starvation mode or not. lol.

I'll check in half way through this week and tell you all how I'm doing. Hopefully I'll be on track for a nice 1-2 lb loss. WDW is only 7 weeks away, there's no time for gains.

One of the gals on our WW message board posted this and I thought that you all would like it.

Change

"If you always do what you always did,
you'll always get what you always got,
and you'll always be what you've always been."

tiggerlover- I have another pancake recipe that some folks on the CORE board liked. I have not tried either yet because I am afraid they will be a trigger food for me.

Pancakes

1 egg, beaten
3 TBL oat bran hot cereal (uncooked)
2 TBL ff milk
2 tsp splenda
1/8 tsp cinnamon (i added some xtra)

mix all and pan fry.

slightly-obsessed- I tinkered with the chai recipe again, the cloves were too strong for me. I made the recipe again but instead of the vanilla creamer I added one package of SF FF vanilla pudding and instead of the spice mix I just used 2 T of pumpkin pie spice and 1 T of cardamom. Then I blended it with the first batch. I tested it out on my SIL and he liked it. I think if when I make it if it needs to be a little creamier I may add 1 T ob vanilla creamer. We'll see.

The points calculator is not working on the WW site at least for CORE so please do not trust my calculations.

I had my WI tonight and lost .8 pound. I was especially proud of Kadysmom, she has hot her 50 pounds :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Nancyg56, thanks for the recipes and the great quote too!!!! I don't have all of the ingredients for either recipe so I will have to wait to try it another time, but thanks so much for sharing!!!

Congrats on your loss this week, too.

estherhead, congrats on your loss too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter