WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2

Last night my leader told me to stop looking in the rear view mirror and face forward ( I had a week of not much self control) so I'll pass her advice to you.

I really like that!

I am finally getting back into all of this...I weighed in on Friday and was down 2 pounds...not bad for being at a conference and not having very good choices. I just packed some carrots into my purse. I hope to keep the momentum going even though I tend to see the 2 pound victory and then slack off. I am determined to get 20 pounds down by Christmas...thanks for all of the support!!! You are all the BEST!

Not bad at all... congrats !

I forgot to post my loss. I lost 3.8 pounds so I gained ground lost.

:cool1: nice work!

I'm having a strange day today... I missed breakfast and my lunch, though filling, was very low points... I have 10 points left for the day, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm actually not very hungry, but that's a LOT of points left over and I'm sure it's not healthy to not eat at least some of them, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. I don't want to just mindlessly snack. Anyone ever had one of those days? What did you do?

Rachel

I have had those days. Try having a slice of regular bread with some peanut butter on it. That will use up some of those points and be a healthy snack. I know they tell you to eat all your points every day and most days I do but if I don't once in awhile, I don't. I do try and eat heathly food though to fill the extra points and not junk food.

I weighed in on Friday and was down 2 pounds...not bad for being at a conference and not having very good choices. I just packed some carrots into my purse.

:cool1: Congrats on your loss! 20 pounds in 11 weeks is so doable.....good luck in attaining your goal!

NCRedding, welcome back!!! :wave:

:banana: Pei4ever, congrats on your loss this week too!

Nancyg56, wooooowzer, congrats on that loss.:woohoo: Your hard work is paying off.

Hi, Mary Ann, hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation, good to have you back.

slightly_obsessed, one thing to keep in mind is that you really need to eat all of your points every day, whether you are hungry or not. Now your flex points are optional, but those daily points are there for a reason. If you aren't hungry have some milk or something just to get those points in. Like Mary Ann said, peanut butter is a good option, if you don't want it on bread put it on some celery or just eat it off of the spoon. (Just speaking from experience, hope I wasn't being too strong).

I have had those days. Try having a slice of regular bread with some peanut butter on it. That will use up some of those points and be a healthy snack. I know they tell you to eat all your points every day and most days I do but if I don't once in awhile, I don't. I do try and eat heathly food though to fill the extra points and not junk food.

That was a great idea and what I ended up doing... I don't know why I didn't think of it. I didn't want to eat any junk food or empty calories (I'm not even sure we have any in the house to be honest). Thank you very much for the suggestion!

slightly_obsessed, one thing to keep in mind is that you really need to eat all of your points every day, whether you are hungry or not. Now your flex points are optional, but those daily points are there for a reason. If you aren't hungry have some milk or something just to get those points in. Like Mary Ann said, peanut butter is a good option, if you don't want it on bread put it on some celery or just eat it off of the spoon. (Just speaking from experience, hope I wasn't being too strong).

Not too strong at all. :goodvibes I was just kind of at a loss with what to do. And there are all those random food rules that I was battling - like don't eat too late vs. getting all your points.. I rounded the pb toast w/ a fruit smoothie (delicious!) and a cup of milk... so I'm good to go. Thanks so much for your help!

Help! I'm in need of support- I've fallen off the WW bandwagon! I just can't help myself from eating and eating and eating! I've gained 2 lbs back :guilty:. I need to start back up again on keeping track of points because I'm so miserable and ashamed...

Help! I'm in need of support- I've fallen off the WW bandwagon! I just can't help myself from eating and eating and eating! I've gained 2 lbs back :guilty:. I need to start back up again on keeping track of points because I'm so miserable and ashamed...

:hug: may I join you? I had a horrible week. I also put 2 lbs back on. I am so mad at myself and feel terrible. Why can't I stop eating? I had one good on program day the whole week. That's it. Every other day I ate way over my points. :mad: :sad2: :mad:

I really need to get my head back in this. I need to get back to the basics....thinking first, remembering to keep in mind what I want most, more than what I want at the moment.

Let's do it this week okay??? New day, new outlook. WE CAN DO THIS!

:hug: may I join you? I had a horrible week. I also put 2 lbs back on. I am so mad at myself and feel terrible. Why can't I stop eating? I had one good on program day the whole week. That's it. Every other day I ate way over my points. :mad: :sad2: :mad:

I really need to get my head back in this. I need to get back to the basics....thinking first, remembering to keep in mind what I want most, more than what I want at the moment.

AGREED! Does anyone have any advice as to their favorite low point foods? I'll take any suggestions I can get!!:cheer2:

First, no shame here, everyone has those weeks, it is natural and normal to have fluctuations in your appetite. Looking at the new week is a great way to get back on track.

What plan are you on? I am on the Core plan and find that I can eat when I am hungry because I am not counting points for a lot of food.

Popcorn is a great snack even on Flex. I have a recipe for FF popcorn that is to die for.

First, no shame here, everyone has those weeks, it is natural and normal to have fluctuations in your appetite. Looking at the new week is a great way to get back on track.

What plan are you on? I am on the Core plan and find that I can eat when I am hungry because I am not counting points for a lot of food.

Popcorn is a great snack even on Flex. I have a recipe for FF popcorn that is to die for.

I would love that recipe! I may go back on CORE- I've been just 'eating healthy' but unfortuantely, haven't been counting points lately. I've done core and I've done Flex- core was pretty easy for me to stay on before...

toledo13 & cepmom - I'm sure you can get back on the wagon again :goodvibes no sense feeling bad about what you ate last week... you can just control what do this week. just take it one day at a time... you can do it! :cheer2:

my favorite snack lately has been a fruit smoothie - 2pts. I think it's core also, although I've never done core plan, so I'm not 100% sure. It is so simple and so delicious. Hope it helps ...

1 c. fruit (i use a frozen mix I get from Costco)
1/2 c. milk
1/2 ice
a splash of vanilla
1 T. splenda

Blend.

I mix it up... sometimes I don't thaw the fruit completely and skip the ice. we've tried it w/ almond extract instead of vanilla, FF vanilla yogurt instead of milk, etc. The fruit mix I use has strawberries, blueberries, white peaches, yellow peaches, pineapple and honeydew melon. Each smoothie tastes different b/c there's a different mix of fruits each time.

It tastes so good... I probably have it a couple times a week. I pour it in a cup, but eat w/ a spoon, so it lasts longer and satisfies a craving for ice cream.

I also wanted to share the nemonic my leader started this weeks meeting with: Learn Evaluate Accept Reap Never give up

She also told us "It's not always identifying where we went wrong, it's discovering what works" Anyway, hope it helps...just keep on keeping on and I know you'll get back on track in no time at all. :goodvibes

Rachel

slightly_obsessed, sounds like you came up with a pretty tasty snack! Sometimes it just takes a couple of good heads to come up with a worthy idea! Your smoothie sounds great and as long as someone uses skim milk it is Core.

toledo13, cepmom, I am with you both, I need to get back to it myself, I have been off program for a bit now and I really need to get back to Core. So I am officially committing if you both will commit too....let's pick a day and get back to it!

toledo13, some of my favorite low point foods are:

WW string cheese = 1
Live Active cottage cheese = 1
Sugar free, fat free pussing = 1
1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and 1 Wasa cracker = 1 (Add some grapes for another point and you have a nice little snack
Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa and celery = 0

I know there are more, but it is too late and my brain can not think of any others right now.

Good Morning everyone. :wave:

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down two pounds this week. I was hoping for a little more since I was starting over again but hey, I'll take it. I know I didn't exercise as much as I should have so this week I'm trying to boost that up a bit.

Good luck staying on program and downward we all go.
6.gif

This thread is hopping, and I did read through and see some awesome weight losses here!! Congratulations to all our losers!!:cool1: Hugs:grouphug: to those who are struggling or have seen gains. It is just a bump in the road, and by persevering and not giving up, you will get back on track and reach your goals.

I stuck within my points this week and lost 2 pounds. It wasn't hard to do. I had been doing too much late night eating, so this week, I made a cup of tea or ff cocoa while I watched tv, and thought about why I wanted to eat when I wanted to snack mindlessly andif I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred exercise video and it's a great workout. It's only 25 minutes long, but she works you hard.

slightly_obsessed- That smoothie sounds real good, but when I first read it, I read vodka instead of vanilla, and thought ooh, how fun.:rotfl:

For low points snacks, I love the fiberone bars for 2 pts, and ww and slimabear make awesome fudge ice cream bars for 1 point. I love my chocolate. The pudding is great too.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning everyone. :wave:

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down two pounds this week. I was hoping for a little more since I was starting over again but hey, I'll take it. I know I didn't exercise as much as I should have so this week I'm trying to boost that up a bit.

Good luck staying on program and downward we all go.
6.gif

:woohoo: great job!!! You're off to a great start!

This thread is hopping, and I did read through and see some awesome weight losses here!! Congratulations to all our losers!!:cool1: Hugs:grouphug: to those who are struggling or have seen gains. It is just a bump in the road, and by persevering and not giving up, you will get back on track and reach your goals.

I stuck within my points this week and lost 2 pounds. It wasn't hard to do. I had been doing too much late night eating, so this week, I made a cup of tea or ff cocoa while I watched tv, and thought about why I wanted to eat when I wanted to snack mindlessly andif I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred exercise video and it's a great workout. It's only 25 minutes long, but she works you hard.

slightly_obsessed- That smoothie sounds real good, but when I first read it, I read vodka instead of vanilla, and thought ooh, how fun.:rotfl:

For low points snacks, I love the fiberone bars for 2 pts, and ww and slimabear make awesome fudge ice cream bars for 1 point. I love my chocolate. The pudding is great too.

Have a great day everyone!

:woohoo: great job to you too!! I do a lot of mindless eating...it starts at 3:00 and doesn't end until I goto bed some days :sick: I really have to be conscious of thinking first. I do too much thinking afterwards and that's not really helpful you know ;)

Someone at my meeting suggested writing down your food BEFORE you eat it that way you have a moment to figure out if you really want to eat it or not. Too easy to eat first, then figure the points and regret it.:guilty:

Nancy ~ I'm on flex. I tried Core once before. I think I prefer Flex but I am trying to keep my choices Core friendly if that makes any sense. If I think back to when I was most succesful, my food choices were mainly from the healthy guidelines and I felt wonderful, but also had the flexibility to have non-core foods each day too. I would also love that FF popcorn recipe if you don't mind sharing!

slightly obsessed ~ that smoothie sound delicious!! I am going to have to try it in place of my dessert. sounds like a wonderful alternative to ice cream! thanks for sharing.

tiggerlover ~ sorry you have been struggling as well. We all have those days (weeks?;) ) I'm definately going to try the pineapple salsa and celery! I love pineapple salsa:goodvibes

I had a good day yesterday. Well...not great since I was rear ended and my car got wrecked :mad: :mad: , but a great WW day! I stayed within my points and exercised in the AM. Since my day was so hectic with the accident, I never made it to grocery and had nothing for dinner. I told DH to order pizza for himself and the kids, while I ate a whole wheat english muffin topped with salsa and low fat cheese. 3 points and it was really good!! I left to go to the grocery before the pizza arrived and by the time I got home, they were done eating! yay...crisis averted!! :rotfl:

I also grabbed a handful of goldfish my kids left open on the counter, then before I ate them, thought about if I really wanted them and decided I didn't. I put the whole handful back in the bag and put the bag away. Yay me!! :laughing: Sound so simple but when I don't think first is when I get in trouble.

I would love that recipe! I may go back on CORE- I've been just 'eating healthy' but unfortuantely, haven't been counting points lately. I've done core and I've done Flex- core was pretty easy for me to stay on before...

I'll ask Marisa to post the directions.

She also told us "It's not always identifying where we went wrong, it's discovering what works" Anyway, hope it helps...just keep on keeping on and I know you'll get back on track in no time at all. :goodvibes

That is great advice. :thumbsup2

I also grabbed a handful of goldfish my kids left open on the counter, then before I ate them, thought about if I really wanted them and decided I didn't. I put the whole handful back in the bag and put the bag away. Yay me!! :laughing: Sound so simple but when I don't think first is when I get in trouble.

After the stressful day you had this was awesome!
The mindless eating gets me in the afternoon and I sit down and have a cup of coffee. I may have a vitatop with it if I want a sweet. 1 Point and satisfies the urge to munch my way through the house.

This fudge is really good and if you are on Core and do not use the PB2 it is free. I also heard that you can use some SF FF chocolate pudding in place of the shake mix to reduce the ***. With the mix it counts as a dairy.

WW fudge

1 Pkg. Chocolate WW shake
1 Tsp Peanut butter (PB2)
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract (or Almond Extract)
Drops of water to make fudge-like consistency

Mix together then add nuts, raisins, graham crackers, etc.

This fudge is really good and if you are on Core and do not use the PB2 it is free. I also heard that you can use some SF FF chocolate pudding in place of the shake mix to reduce the ***. With the mix it counts as a dairy.

WW fudge

Kettle Corn Popcorn

Take 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels and put them into a brown paper lunch bag. Fold down the top about 1 inch, then fold one more time. I put it in the microwave just like this for 2 minutes, but I usually end up taking it out atleast 30 seconds early. When you take out the popcorn from the microwave, be careful opening the bag. There is alot of steam!!!

Then I pour out about 1/3 of the popcorn into a large popcorn bowl. I use Emeril's Creamy Butter Spray (Job Lot) and spray the popcorn very liberally. Then I sprinkle on the Kettle Corn Sprinkle, and if you like a little salt, I use the popcorn salt. I then pour another 1/3 of the bag of popcorn and do the same thing again. When I pour the last of the bag on the top, that is when I measure out 2 teaspoons of canola oil and drizzle on the top of the popcorn. Then I spray with the butter spray and then sprinkle the Kettle Corn Sprinkle on top. If you are feeling like a little extra sweet popcorn, you can shake the bowl around to mix it and then do one more butter spray and Kettle Corn Sprinkle!!!!

I have not substituted the sf/ff pudding for the fudge, but I have for the shakes. I add any kind of pudding mix (about 2 tbsp) instead of the mix and you have a great shake and it isnt so expensive.

I ate M&M's last night. And I didn't really want them. :(

I'm on Flex but curious about Core. What's the difference other than no points with Core? Does that mean you can't ever eat something not on the Core list?

You can eat foods not on the core list but then you must count the point value against your 35 weekly points.

I do flex but try to pick from the core list as much as possible.

Weigh in today was 3.8 down (that was for 2 weeks - I missed last week as I was on vacation). Gotta love Epcot and all that walking.

That fudge looks real good, I am going to try that this weekend. Do you put it in the fridge to harden it up or just eat it from the bowl?

Is that one serving from the kettle corn? or do you have to divide it up to make x # of servings.

It all looks good!

Grumpy's Wife, Mik and Mary Ann, congratulations on your losses this week. :cool1: Great job one and all!!

Kudos to you for staying OP when you had such a horrible day. I am so sorry to hear about your car, that is awful. I hope you weren't hurt in the accident. I have to say it took commitment to put those goldfish back in the bag, that shows you were really thinking about what you were about to eat....I need that to rub off on me, the mindless evening eating is what gets me.

PrincessGeek, in my opinion Core is just a cleaner way of eating because you are eating off of the list of Core foods, no prcessed foods. Like Mary Ann said, you still get your 35 points so you can eat foods off of the list as long as you count them against your 35 weekly points. You do not have to journal, but it is wise to write down your Flex points so you don't lose track. I have followed both flex and core with success on both programs, it is really all about what fits your lifestyle best.

That is great advice. :thumbsup2

After the stressful day you had this was awesome!
The mindless eating gets me in the afternoon and I sit down and have a cup of coffee. I may have a vitatop with it if I want a sweet. 1 Point and satisfies the urge to munch my way through the house.

WW fudge

I bought the WW chocolate shake mix and couldn't get past the grainyness:sick: So if anyone would like to try a box (minus 1 pack) let me know and I will send them out.

Forgot to add I have lost 2 more lbs. I really need to fix my ticker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter