WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2

I hope y'all don't mnd me joining in. I just found this thread and it's just what I need now. I've been a WW member for 2 years. I fell off the wagon at the beginning of this summer and forgot to hop back on. I passed my WW meeting today and decided to go in and get weighed. AAARRRGGGHHH! I am now seven pounds heavier than where I started two years ago :sick: I used to go to meetings with my Mom but our schedules are different so we can't go together anymore. I also don't work anymore (SAHM) so I'm not in contact with my WW buddies. Help, I'll take any advice you've got to find my missing wagon!

Well Hello there! I am a WW repeater, and my DD has gone so many times they could greet her with Welcome Back....again! This time we are never going back...we just are never leaving :thumbsup2. Please stay here, the women on this thread are wonderful and supportive as I have been blessed to find out.

tiggerlover-I married a man whose immediate family never had weight issues. His cousins do and they are the folks who like me, liver to eat. WE are one sorry bunch....the ones who can don't want to...the ones who want to cannot

Luvgoingtodisney- I read Drew's link and was impressed with his strength. You must be so proud of him. Thanks for posting his picture so that we can place his smiling face with his name.

tiggerlover-I married a man whose immediate family never had weight issues. His cousins do and they are the folks who like me, liver to eat. WE are one sorry bunch....the ones who can don't want to...the ones who want to cannot

Isn't it funny how that works out!

knovak, congrats on your loss this week. Weigh to go!

Hi all. Weighed in this a.m. and am down 1.6. 144 lbs was last week and this week is 142.4. I should be excited as I'm a slow loser but I was REALLY hoping to kick off the whole weight loss thing with a two pound loss.

I always take my weigh-in day "off" (my little tradition) so today I'm going to treat myself to a lunch with my dh. I know that will make me feel better. There's nothing better than eating something "bad" for you & saying to yourself, "And I'm dieting!" I love W.W. for that reason.

Also wanted to remind people about the Key Lime Pie recipe that is often in WW magazine. I just made it last night for the first time in a long time and was reminded of it's deliciousness. Definatly worth the 5 minutes to make it.

1 Sugar Free Lime Jello
2 W.W. Key Lime yogurts
1 tub f.f. Cool Whip
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

Boil 1 cup of water and add the lime jello. Let it cool a little. Whisk in the 2 yogurts. Fold in most of the Cool Whip (save about 1/3 for the top.) Pour into the crust and refrigerate. I actually make this while I'm making dinner (not good at planning ahead!) and stick it in the freezer for an hour. Pull it out, top with the Cool Whip. 3 pts per 1/8 of pie.

My kids FLIP over this pie. Last night I had a red velvet cake sitting on my counter (leftover from the weekend's wedding cake) and sat the pie right next to it after dinner. The girls both chose the pie and chose to take pie in their school lunches today. Over cake with cream cheese frosting! I swear, it's good. lol!

Good Luck this week ya'll. Don't forget, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit people like you!"

estherhead - I say 1.6 is pretty darn close to 2, so give yourself credit! Way to go! Love how everyone love the pie better than the cake :)

knovak - glad goal is in your sites, great work!:thumbsup2

I'm officially down 37 pounds, on my 37th b'day :cool1: Hopefully the start of a great year. AND, I've officially lost more than the equivilent of what my 3-year-old weighs :) Can you tell I'm excited?

I've worn pants yesterday and today that I haven't worn in at least 4 years, if not more!

I'll catch up more later, I have to work!

estherhead - I say 1.6 is pretty darn close to 2, so give yourself credit! Way to go! Love how everyone love the pie better than the cake :)

knovak - glad goal is in your sites, great work!:thumbsup2

I'm officially down 37 pounds, on my 37th b'day :cool1: Hopefully the start of a great year. AND, I've officially lost more than the equivilent of what my 3-year-old weighs :) Can you tell I'm excited?

I've worn pants yesterday and today that I haven't worn in at least 4 years, if not more!

Just you wait! My favorite moment in my weight loss journey was when I went to a store & got my new small size (those skinny jeans I had just started wearing again after 5 years of them not fitting) and it was too big! I was actually UNDER my skinny jeans size. It just blew my mind. I ended up buying very impractical clothing that day (like a mini skirt & these hot red pants) simply because they fit and looked hot. My dh laughed at me and made a few dates so I could wear the stuff before I donated it to charity. Ha!

Good job! :thumbsup2

Hi all,

I just joined WW Online and love having another thread to help keep me accountable! I'm a mom of three active kids and used to be very active myself. I used to compete in marathons, triathlons, teach dance classes, coach cheerleading squads, and worked out 3X a week without fail. But as my kids have gotten older, their activities fill up my calendar. I went from a petite 120 pound ex-cheerleader :cheer2: to a 160 pound frumpy soccer mom! :laundy:

In 2007 I started training for triathlons again and lost 20 pounds but put 10 back on when my training gave way to my kids' dance schedules and I started ignoring my own goals and health.

I haven't used WW before but my sister has lost almost 20 pounds using their system and I like the idea that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. This last Friday was my first WI and I'm down 1.4 pounds. It's not a lot...but it's a loss right? :)

Sharon

Hi all,

I just joined WW Online and love having another thread to help keep me accountable! I'm a mom of three active kids and used to be very active myself.

Welcome PrincessGeek:cheer2: I have found this to be a great motivating place to hang out!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great so far; I dread going in to weigh tonight. We ate Mexican for dinner yesterday and I lost all self control:sad1: I will update tonight if I'm not crying to much.......

Another WW newbie! I joined WWonline tonight! I'm mad, scared, and even though I have been told it's a lifestyle change, I just don't like it :snooty: BUT, I know it's something I have to do!

Besides being a Disney dork, I'm a theme park dork and coaster geek in general. Let's face it, Disney and Universal are the only theme parks that are pooh-size friendly. So- since I had trouble convincing myself to lose 113 lbs for all the right reasons, then I'll use the fact that I want to be able to comfortably fit on a coaster without the attendant coming over to push down on my coaster restraint, to make it fit. :)

Today I weighed myself for the first time in over a year and it was a depressing 238 lbs. :sad2:

I'm so glad that the DIS has it's own WW weigh-in! :yay: (no offense to ww, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it's message boards!)

knovak - way to go! keep it up

estherhead - I think 1.6 is awesome! I know I get disappointed when I don't lose what I want, but at least you are going down. Thanks for the recipe ... It sounds fantastic and just the right thing to take to my work next time I'm in charge of snacks. Hopefully my team will flip as much as your kids!

gottalovethem - nice work! I love shopping in my closet more than shopping at the store for new clothes. I retired 3 pairs of pants yesterday b/c they were all too big! :cool1:

PrincessGeek - welcome! and it sounds like you know how to work... I'm impressed with the marathons and triathlons especially. Something I could never do (hate hate hate to run!) But 1.4 lbs is always a good loss ... way to go!

Pei4ever - I hope it's not too bad. :flower3: Remember it's a new day and a new week! Hope it went well at the WI

rebecca06261 - welcome to you too! I hope you come to like it. I just started a couple months ago, and even though there are times I don't like making the changes, I do love the differences in how I feel. I have problems with the website too sometimes, so I don't think it's just you!

I've been kind of MIA so I'm sorry that I haven't had time to go back and see how you all have been doing. But congrats to those who have had losses, keep trucking to those who are having some setbacks and welcome to everyone who has joined the last week or so!

I weighed in on Saturday and I am down 3 more lbs! :banana: It brings my total to 15.4 and I'm just a couple weeks away from my 10%.

Hope everyone has a good night and a good tomorrow! :goodvibes

Rachel

Hi all. Weighed in this a.m. and am down 1.6. 144 lbs was last week and this week is 142.4. I should be excited as I'm a slow loser but I was REALLY hoping to kick off the whole weight loss thing with a two pound loss.

I always take my weigh-in day "off" (my little tradition) so today I'm going to treat myself to a lunch with my dh. I know that will make me feel better. There's nothing better than eating something "bad" for you & saying to yourself, "And I'm dieting!" I love W.W. for that reason.

Good Luck this week ya'll. Don't forget, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit people like you!"

Congrats on your loss for the week, which by the way IS a good loss. But I do know that it is hard when you are expecting more, enjoy the loss none-the-less.

I always used to take my weigh-in day off too, it was my treat to myself and I think it really helped me along my journey. Hope you had a good lunch with your DH.

gottalovethem, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Congrats on your 37 pounds loss, that is fantastic!:woohoo:

:welcome: PrincessGeek and congratulations on your first week loss!

Pei4ever, I hope your weigh in wasn't as bad as you anticipated. If you ahve had a good on program week, one day usually isn't enough to derail you totally. Just get back up and start anew again, you had a binge, now it is back to business.

rebecca06261, :welcome: to you too! The more the merrier around here. As much as you don't like to hear it, a lifestyle change is exactly what it is all about. It took me a long time to realize that and a while to learn what I needed to be a success, but once you do it means all the difference in the world.

slightly_obsessed, woo hoo hoo. 3 pounds gone! Weigh to go!:banana:

Hi all. Weighed in this a.m. and am down 1.6.

I agree that you are going in the right direction and that is a wonderful thing. You are doing great!

I'm officially down 37 pounds, on my 37th b'day :cool1:

Happy Birthday! and :cheer2::cheer2: on the weight loss!

I haven't used WW before but my sister has lost almost 20 pounds using their system and I like the idea that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. This last Friday was my first WI and I'm down 1.4 pounds. It's not a lot...but it's a loss right? :)

Sharon

You are going to do so well, especially since your sister is right there with you. That kind of support system is worth so much. Keep it up!

I just joined WW Online and love having another thread to help keep me accountable!
Sounds like everyone is doing great so far; I dread going in to weigh tonight. We ate Mexican for dinner yesterday and I lost all self control:sad1: I will update tonight if I'm not crying to much.......

I like the thread for that very reason. Having folks here to share the losses and the gains if that happen helps to keep the entire thing in prospective.

Don't worry too much about the WI. It was just one meal in one day, so dust it off and continue to make good choices. Last night my leader told me to stop looking in the rear view mirror and face forward ( I had a week of not much self control) so I'll pass her advice to you.

Another WW newbie! I joined WWonline tonight! I'm mad, scared, and even though I have been told it's a lifestyle change, I just don't like it :snooty: BUT, I know it's something I have to do!

Besides being a Disney dork, I'm a theme park dork and coaster geek in general. Let's face it, Disney and Universal are the only theme parks that are pooh-size friendly. So- since I had trouble convincing myself to lose 113 lbs for all the right reasons, then I'll use the fact that I want to be able to comfortably fit on a coaster without the attendant coming over to push down on my coaster restraint, to make it fit. :)

Today I weighed myself for the first time in over a year and it was a depressing 238 lbs. :sad2:

I'm so glad that the DIS has it's own WW weigh-in! :yay: (no offense to ww, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it's message boards!)

:grouphug: Sounds like you are a little afraid of the changes that you are planning to make which is understandable. Between points, Flex, Core, healthy guidelines, and my personal nemesis water :scared:, it is a muddle at first.

You have set a goal but maybe scaling it down a bit will make it less overwhelming. My DD was over your weight and she has lost 50 pounds. Well, .4 away from 50, but she set a 10% goal at first and like the rest of us only looked at the first 5 pounds. Small steps. SHe set her goal at 50 by December when we go to Disney and because she is close she has been able to change it. I have set mine to be at goal in December but just did that this month.

Next, look at both plans and try the one that looks like a fit for you, WW is a lifestyle but it must fit your lifestyle as well. I follow Core as does at least half of our group. This is unusual but DD is a motivator.

And finally, I thought that I would never adjust to eating healthy foods. I cook and bake and loved to eat what I made. I also loved to feed everyone and thought that if I did not have at least three desserts to offer I was a terrible hostess. I still cook and entertain, everyone eats what I make and they love it. Good food cooked well is good food. It did not need to be enhanced with all of the butter and cream that I used.

I also look for help and support in creating menus for my family. You can get that here on this thread, at your meeting or online. There is a lot.

And finally, my DSIL created a message board two weeks ago for the bunch of us in WW and while it is a little quiet still there is room for more people who want to share or are looking for additional support. If you or anyone else wants the like, I will be happy to share it.

You made the more difficult step by signing up and you were braver than I ever was. It took me forever to share my weight. :grouphug:

I am finally getting back into all of this...I weighed in on Friday and was down 2 pounds...not bad for being at a conference and not having very good choices. I just packed some carrots into my purse. I hope to keep the momentum going even though I tend to see the 2 pound victory and then slack off. I am determined to get 20 pounds down by Christmas...thanks for all of the support!!! You are all the BEST!

Hi, I'm sneaking back in to start participating here again. I've been as bad at weighing in regularly as I have at checking in here. Last night I weighed in and realized that I was starting back up on the gaining scale, so I have to put the brakes on the gaining, and go back on the program.

Hi all. Weighed in this a.m. and am down 1.6.

1.6 pounds is a great loss. You should be proud of yourself. I love the idea of taking the weigh in day off. I just might have to try it.

Happy Birthday a day late. 37 pounds is awesome. Congrats on wearing pants that you haven't worn in four years. That's a great birthday gift right there.

Hi all,

I just joined WW Online and love having another thread to help keep me accountable!
Sharon

10.gif
I think you'll really like it here. Good luck.

5.gif
to our thread. Do you have a trip in the works yet. What a joy it will be for you to get in your favorite roller coaster and fit in the seat without the attendants help. I know you can do it.
I am finally getting back into all of this...I weighed in on Friday and was down 2 pounds...not bad for being at a conference and not having very good choices. I just packed some carrots into my purse. I hope to keep the momentum going even though I tend to see the 2 pound victory and then slack off. I am determined to get 20 pounds down by Christmas...thanks for all of the support!!! You are all the BEST!
2 pounds is great! Weigh to go.
6.gif

Hi, I'm sneaking back in to start participating here again. I've been as bad at weighing in regularly as I have at checking in here. Last night I weighed in and realized that I was starting back up on the gaining scale, so I have to put the brakes on the gaining, and go back on the program.

Welcome back.

down 1.4 pounds again last night---my goal this week is to kick it up a notch and maintain self control at ALL times and lose almost 3 pounds this week so I can reach my 10% goal on Monday:wizard:

rebecca06261 welcome :woohoo:

gottalovethem congrats and happy belated birthday :flower3:

estherhead recipe sounds great; I can't wait to try it :thumbsup2

slightly obsessed great weight loss :dance3:

pixiedust247 2 pounds; great job:cheer2:

NCRedding welcome back:grouphug:

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, I'm sorry and hope we all have a great week! Gotta go get some housework done:laundy:

Wow, this thread has been hopping! I've been on vacation for the past week (in Disney -- do people actually go other places???) and it's great to come home and see so many new posters as well as the old ones.

I managed to stay on program the whole time at disney and figured we walked well over 30 miles over the 6 days I was there. I've decided that if I lived near Epcot I could get my exercise in very easily just walking round and round the world showcase.

I haven't weighed in for two weeks so I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the scale has to say this Thursday.

Welcome to all our new posters! This is a great thread to keep you on program or to come when you feel yourself falling off the wagon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter