• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

W's go West, Day 18 California Adventure

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 18, California Adventure

We woke up at about 10am, feeling quite refreshed considering our night before ;) We got dressed and went downstairs, we decided that we would get the hotel shuttle today so we queued up and got tickets and then Sy went to wait outside while I grabbed us both drinks from Starbucks (inside the hotel!) and went out to join him and wait. The shuttle didn't take long at all and we were soon arriving, much better than the day before ;)

Our main priority of the day was to see the new World of Color show with Neil Patrick Harris so we went first to get fastpasses for that evening.

Now I must be honest and say my memory is a little hazy. I can't remember the exact order in which we did things today but I'll try my best ;)

We wanted to ride the big wheel, Sy wanted a swinging car and I was worried it might make me feel sick so I made him come in a stationary one... sorry Sy! The view was pretty spectacular up there.

We grabbed some lunch nearby, we decided to go for some chinese, only I HATED it, Sy and I went for different things and I hated them both! So I went and grabbed some mexican from the place we had dinner the first night with Jane. There was a bit of a mix up with the girl who took my order, she forgot to put the DVC discount on so instead she gave me a 60th anniversary mug! I'll take that, thank you very much!!

Sy's chinese chicken

We went for a wander round Paradise Pier and got a return time for California Screaming, we then went for a wander round the shops while we waited. The sun had finally come out so we got a seat and basked in the warmth for a bit (it was quite a long wait) and even had time for an ice cream each :D

We both LOVED the ride and said it was worth the wait :)

We picked up some Soarin' fastpasses and rode shortly after...

We also rode RSR though no pics of that.

It was soon time for the parade so we decided to find a spot to watch it from. We knew we wanted to see the Aladdin show which was right after so we headed near the entrance. We managed to find a spot by a bench which had 1 lady on it and a big rug, as is common with DL she was saving the spot for the parade for the rest of her family. We asked if we could sit down until her party returned and she said it was no problem :) When her party came back it was just her hubby and little daughter so there was enough room anyway so that was good :) (we did offer to get up still but she said there was plenty of room).

Afterwards we ran with the rest of the crowds to Aladdin. Wow. There were a LOT of people. A lot of people pushing and shoving too, I didn't like it I have to say. We were outside waiting for a good half hour before we were taken into the theatre and it was in the shade with a wind, so it was chilly!

I thought the show was really good, Sy doesn't remember much of it as he promptly fell asleep hehehe I guess we were more tired than we had originally thought hehehe

Once it had finished we made our way back over to Carsland to ride RSR again - one last time! Easily my favourite ride in all of DL & CA.

LOVED the picture of me that it took hehehe

It was then time to find out spot for WoC. We had a little while to wait before they let us in the area and then a while to wait before the show, but we got a spot nicely in the middle, not too close to the front as I didn't want to get wet again!

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/West%20Coast/IMG_9622_zpsuhzhafen.jpg.html][/URL]

Afterwards we headed with the masses out of the park.

We had to wait for aaaaaaaaage for our shuttle back to the hotel, and in a massive queue, the first 2 buses came and filled up and left again. We were soooooo tired now and just wanted our bed! We waited for about an hour (certainly 45 minutes) and eventually a bus arrived to take us back.

We hadn't had any dinner so I did some packing while Sy went to get a take out burger from Carl's jr. It was rank. Lol neither of us enjoyed it. One to skip in the future ;)

We both fell into bed at about 11:30pm.

Tomorrow, check out and home time :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter