Wrong Time, Wrong Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not always. An open dialogue is also a means to present information that one faction may not wish to acknowledge when a mob mentality exists.

Not always. An open dialogue is also a means to present information that one faction may not wish to acknowledge when a mob mentality exists.

On this issue there are legitimate points on both sides. Unless that is realized by both sides, there will only be a further divide and no resolution.

It seems to me that the Mayor has done nothing to earn their respect. They haven't stopped performing their duties, they are simply expressing their displeasure for the Mayor.

Performing all their duties - including protecting the mayor and his family.

Up until last Saturday, the Dialogue was mostly one way, anti cop rhetoric. Now with People coming out In support of the police and the police are starting to respond back. All of sudden it’s time to talk. Back in August and September the only talking was the lies that Dorian Johnson told. The President and Attorney General came out against the police. In September the I Can’t Breath Video and the illegal choke hold did all the talking. Al Sharpton came out and asked for investigation in to the death of Eric Garner. Federal Investigations were started into the Ferguson, like that of Trayvon Martin a year earlier. Grand Jury proceedings did not hand down indictments in either the Ferguson or Staten Island cases. The hands up chant still continued even though most witnesses and forensic evidence didn’t support the chant. The Grand Jury in the Staten Island case is sealed. Both of these proceeding were called a sham and Federal Investigations were again called for. The mayor after the Staten Island Grand jury told the media how he had the talk with his son on how to act with the police since he was a person of color. The congressional black caucus each time came out in support of the victims, yet remained silent when the two NYPD officers were killed. The president made appearances on TV or addressed the nation In August, September and again when the Ferguson Grand Jury results were announced. Yet when the two NYC cops were killed, a statement was prepared. In August the President was on vacation like he is now when NY morns to of it’s finest. Yet here we are and someone holds up a sign, boos at the police academy graduation, or turns their back on the mayor during a funeral and there is outrage. The outrage should have been long ago at the protesters that looted and burned private business, the husband of Michael Browns mother Called to burn it down, Al Sharpton Chanted no Justice, no peace, protesters in NY called for Dead Cops, Cops were attacked and kicked on the Brooklyn Bridge. As I write this, in 2014 the report comes out that 50 police officers were killed by gunshots. Where is the dialogue about that.

Up until last Saturday, the Dialogue was mostly one way, anti cop rhetoric. Now with People coming out In support of the police and the police are starting to respond back. All of sudden it’s time to talk. Back in August and September the only talking was the lies that Dorian Johnson told. The President and Attorney General came out against the police. In September the I Can’t Breath Video and the illegal choke hold did all the talking. Al Sharpton came out and asked for investigation in to the death of Eric Garner. Federal Investigations were started into the Ferguson, like that of Trayvon Martin a year earlier. Grand Jury proceedings did not hand down indictments in either the Ferguson or Staten Island cases. The hands up chant still continued even though most witnesses and forensic evidence didn’t support the chant. The Grand Jury in the Staten Island case is sealed. Both of these proceeding were called a sham and Federal Investigations were again called for. The mayor after the Staten Island Grand jury told the media how he had the talk with his son on how to act with the police since he was a person of color. The congressional black caucus each time came out in support of the victims, yet remained silent when the two NYPD officers were killed. The president made appearances on TV or addressed the nation In August, September and again when the Ferguson Grand Jury results were announced. Yet when the two NYC cops were killed, a statement was prepared. In August the President was on vacation like he is now when NY morns to of it’s finest. Yet here we are and someone holds up a sign, boos at the police academy graduation, or turns their back on the mayor during a funeral and there is outrage. The outrage should have been long ago at the protesters that looted and burned private business, the husband of Michael Browns mother Called to burn it down, Al Sharpton Chanted no Justice, no peace, protesters in NY called for Dead Cops, Cops were attacked and kicked on the Brooklyn Bridge. As I write this, in 2014 the report comes out that 50 police officers were killed by gunshots. Where is the dialogue about that.

Thank you for the intelligently written post. I agree with all of it.

Earlier this month the FBI released 2013 statistics of police officers killed in the line of duty. 27 in felonious assaults and 49 in accidents. Too many. How many unarmed civilians were killed in encounters with police? No one knows because comprehensive data is not collected.

Doesn't seem like any of the "hands up" or "I can't breathe" rhetoric led to this horrifying assassination of two police, more likely "property rights," "protect the borders" and "black helicopter" rhetoric
Earlier this year, two officers with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department were shot –one in the back of the head, the other in the throat and then multiple times after that–in a pizza joint near the Las Vegas Strip. Their assailants were a couple, Jerad and Amanda Miller, who placed a yellow “Don’t Tread on Me” flag and a swastika on one of the officer’s bodies. They pinned a note to the other’s body that read “This is the beginning of the revolution,” Jared Miller was killed by police; his wife committed suicide.

Earlier this month the FBI released 2013 statistics of police officers killed in the line of duty. 27 in felonious assaults and 49 in accidents. Too many. How many unarmed civilians were killed in encounters with police? No one knows because comprehensive data is not collected.

Doesn't seem like any of the "hands up" or "I can't breathe" rhetoric led to this horrifying assassination of two police, more likely "property rights," "protect the borders" and "black helicopter" rhetoric

Nor was a posting put out for everyone of ours we will get two of theirs. The two murders of NYPD police officers was in my opinion a direct result of the negative police rhetoric spewed by some of the protesters and their leaders.

You are really starting to reach to defend your position.

I wonder what the deceased officer would have thought.

The incident you're quoting occurred on June 8 of this year, both Eric Garner and Michael Brown died after that date, so of course it didn't have anything to do with the killings. What's your point?

The incident you're quoting occurred on June 8 of this year, both Eric Garner and Michael Brown died after that date, so of course it didn't have anything to do with the killings. What's your point?

OK, let me spell it out. Some here assert that the assassination of the two NYPD officers was precipitated by some combination of the protests about police killing unarmed civilians, Sharpton and others supporting the protests, a few wackos chanting kill cops, and DeBlasio publicly discussing his having "the talk" with his son.

If you go down that road, then consider that the assassinations of the LVPD officers was committed by two people directly involved in the armed stand off at the Bundy Ranch. Here's a partial listing of folks who supported Bundy and the other participants in the armed stand off and Bundy's continued violation of the law.
Governor Brian Sandoval pointed to what he called “an atmosphere of intimidation,” resulting from the roundup and said he believed constitutional rights were being trampled.
Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada
Cong. Chris Stewart of Nevada
Sens. Paul and Cruz
Gov. Perry of TX
Sean Hannity

Can they be blameless in the LV assassinations at the same time DeBlasio and others are being blamed?

OK, let me spell it out. Some here assert that the assassination of the two NYPD officers was precipitated by some combination of the protests about police killing unarmed civilians, Sharpton and others supporting the protests, a few wackos chanting kill cops, and DeBlasio publicly discussing his having "the talk" with his son.

If you go down that road, then consider that the assassinations of the LVPD officers was committed by two people directly involved in the armed stand off at the Bundy Ranch. Here's a partial listing of folks who supported Bundy and the other participants in the armed stand off and Bundy's continued violation of the law.
Governor Brian Sandoval pointed to what he called “an atmosphere of intimidation,” resulting from the roundup and said he believed constitutional rights were being trampled.
Sens. Paul and Cruz
Gov. Perry of TX
Sean Hannity

Can they be blameless in the LV assassinations at the same time DeBlasio and others are being blamed?

Blameless? No. They are both sides of the same crazy coin. The lvpd shootings are believe to be tied to the whole Bundy standoff (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...shooting-las-vegas-police-beefs-up-patrolling)
What it boils down to is hatred coming from both sides and giving crazy people a "motive" to commit heinous murders. It's wrong on all fronts. Don't add fuel to the fire. At the core, police are here to protect and serve. They put there own lives on the line everyday. Are there some bad apples in the force and issues we need to address? Of course. But to promote a general hatred towards all cops is beyond ridiculous and will end up causing more issues.
"An eye for an eye until everyone is blind"

Sens. Paul and Cruz
Gov. Perry of TX
Sean Hannity

Oh please, there is no correlation but I think you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter