• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wrong Guest Name

katyj26

Disney Addict
Hello! Just trying to get some opinions or if anyone has experience with this. I booked a trip for me and my friend and we just got the Magical Express notice and it shows my nickname that I use at Disney and my legal name and doesn’t have my friends name. She has tickets, reservations and shows on MDE as part of the reservation. Should I call and get the Magical express thing fixed or not worry about it?

Honestly, it won't cause any issues if you don't change it - as long as she's on the room reservation. The CM at DME checkin can just look it up via your magic band or the resort confirmation number.

On the return trip, the driver won't care at all about names. All they are concerned about is the letter and the correct number of people.

But, you can certainly change it if you want. The best way is to call DME directly (don't call Disney) at 866 599-0951. It will be a quick call with little to no hold time.

Steve

I showed up last month and they didn't have us on DME at all. It only took a few minutes for the CM to add both my wife and I to DME coming and going. It wasn't a big deal...

Last edited:

Thanks for your responses. It’s been a weird booking. My original email has the same nickname and legal name on the reservation but My Disney Experience and the website show my friend 🤦🏼‍♀️ Ugh. I guess we will see when we get there. I don’t wanna call and have it mess up park reservations at this point.

As long as you have DME reservations for 2 people, no one is going to check the names. You can easily fix it by going to the front desk once you arrive. Better then waiting for hours on the phone.

... Better then waiting for hours on the phone.

If you call 866 599-0951, you're not calling Disney. You're calling DME (Mears) directly. There is rarely a wait at all, and when there is, it's only a couple of minutes. The folks answering this line actually know what they're talking about - as opposed to most Disney CMs you'll get when calling a Disney phone number.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter