Writing trip reports...........

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
... do you make notes as you go along or do you write mostly from memory? I'm constantly amazed and impressed at the detail and ability that 'reporters' have of making us feel we are there ourselves.
( I have written reports largely from memory by checking back on our schedule, and a few rushed notes)

How about you?

I write a diary every(ish) evening - I find if I do it that evening I can remember the day in great detail - a couple of times I forgot and tried to do it a few days later, and even 2 days later loads of the details are gone.
My trip reports are basically verbatim what I wrote in the diary - I don't write notes as such, I actually write the trip report each evening.

bev

I have a little notebook which has all the rides etc that I'm planning to do and then I mark down beside them which order I do them in whilst I have little breather breaks (OK coke float breaks:D ).Then when I get back I grab all of my receipts and put them in time and date order that way I can usually tell how I "spent" my time at WDW

Well the last ones I did was my Millennium Reports and I did them all from memory. I did use the video footage and receipts etc to help, but I have a good memory and can remember details easily.

I am still in two minds whether to do reports from our holiday last March. I dont have any notes, but can remember the holiday really well - it's just a matter of time. Maybe I'll get round to it :)

Hi,

We always take a "reporters" notepad each and we jot down notes etc every evening.

When we get back , I type out a rough copy using both sets of notes and DW edits the thing for a final copy.

Next time I'll carry it with me to remember the "off the cuff" remarks.

The first couple of trips I relied upon memory (bad mistake!:rolleyes: ) and photos, receipts, etc. Then I bought a small notebook which I carry around with me in my bumbag. I fill in small details during meal times or when we're taking a break, and add more notes in the early morning when I'm usually awake before the others. Together with my 'plan' showing which parks we visited and when, I can then fit most of it together, still using photos and receipts to help as well.

I write up the actual report when we get back - it helps me to keep the memories clear for a while longer :)

LOL Dave,

I really wish i had taken a few notes each evening as i'm now struggling to remember some details (SOME?)
Never mind i'm sure i'll remember the next time,and the next and the next LOL

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx:rolleyes:

I am an habitual diarist, so I take copious notes while we are at wdw. Usually while Susan and Olivia are on a particular ride or going to the potty, or at lunch or when Olivia takes a nap.... or while sipping margeritas, and so on. The difficult part comes later when I try to decipher my notes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter