Writing a speech about Disney Cruises, what would you want to hear?

cottoncandy1980

Earning My Ears
I'm writing an informative speech for my college Public Speaking class. I'm going to talk about Disney Cruises for about 5 mins. What would you want to hear about (besides prices) in that speech? About the rooms? entertainment?, etc.

Thank you!

Probably ports of call, maybe food, or how it suits all age groups. I took a similar class last semester. 5 minutes may seem like a long time, but it really isn't, so try not to be too broad narrow the topic down. Good luck.

I would definitely talk about what separates Disney from other cruise lines, that will give you a good chunk of information, talk about their private island, their itineraries, and onboard activities and entertainment. Good luck.

I'd stick to the basic facts -- when DCL was started, how many ships, ship details (number of rooms / passengers), itineraries. You could also talk about their target customer.

BTW... I agee with the PP about 5 minutes not being long at all. Also, if you don't have a lot of experience with public speaking, you should practice quite a bit. Most people (me included) tend to speak rather quickly when in front of an audience. That can throw off your timing.

Good luck!

My daughter wrote about the Magic when she was assigned a paper on "The Best Vacation Ever." What really amazed me was her creativity--she described in detail the boarding process and arriving in the cabin and ended with something about "when you enter your cabin and smell the ocean mixed with just a hint of soap, you know you're about to have the best vacation ever." Not a word about the cruise or even the ship leaving port! It was excellent from the creative twist.

I'm not suggesting you do that, but my point is that you want to narrow your topic and then do something "different" or "creative" with it but be careful that you precisely follow the assignment. SLOW down when you speak.

If it is "an informative speech," choose one aspect of DCL. Do you want to talk about the physical aspects of one of the ships? The evolution of the cruise line (beginning, increasing diversity of cruise locations, new ships), the experience of being a guest (or a CM) on the ship, how to book a cruise, how to choose a cruise, etc. Or what makes DCL different? Why cruise DCL? The seamless service available from boarding to arrival at port...or the land/sea combination?

Narrow topic, no more than 3 or 4 key points.....speak slowly....

Two of the things that make DCL unique are the split baths and rotational dining....don't forget them if that's the 'route' you choose for your speech.

Two of the things that make DCL unique are the split baths and rotational dining....don't forget them if that's the 'route' you choose for your speech.

A couple of unique things to add, in addition to the above, are their private island Castaway Cay and how quick and easy debarkation is .

Pick an angle, and stick with it. It'll make your paper stand out if you focus on a specific aspect. Of course the angle that separates DCL from the pack is theme-ing. No other cruise line is tied to a product (the Disney product) in the way that DCL is. This makes it a completely special and one-of-a-kind experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter