Wristlet Purses

Bellhop97

Former Bellhop, Tower of Terror
Just a question.. Do you have to go through security if you just have a wristlet purse? Do they need to search that?

Ok.. just checking , cause when I went to Seaworld in Jan.. they didn't check my wristlet even though I waited in line..

Yes they will check it. Last time we were there in late March they checked every single pocket of little purses like that and in glasses cases, etc.

I've gotten it both ways. I get in line for bag check anyway and once was told that I could just keep going and other times they have checked it.

Ok.. just checking , cause when I went to Seaworld in Jan.. they didn't check my wristlet even though I waited in line..

Sea world and Busch gardens are way more lenient about checking bags. I usually just put my wife's wristlet in my pocket, but anything that's a bag they want to open and check

I was told I needed to go through bag check with my phone case in my hand, it has a wrist strap and slots for my ID and credit cards and according to security it was a bag.:crazy2:

Think of it this way - if any weapon of any kind (yes, a nail file can be used as a weapon) can fit into a bag, it's going to be checked. I just got back from a Labor Day weekend trip and I had a water bottle on a shoe string that I slung over my shoulder and I considered that a "bag" and put it up to be checked.

I always went through with the hubs(he had a backpack). Every time they just waved me through.:confused3 I still felt like it was a type of bag though.....

Yup and had to unzip each section and they closely explored :confused3 like I could barely get anything in there as it was.

I've had small wristlets tucked into my hipster bag to conceal my...ahem...feminine products as discreetly as possible. But about 50% of security guards insist on taking the wristlet out of the purse and digging through it anyway. So now I just assume if I'm carrying something that unzips, they want to dig through it.:rotfl2:

But seriously, I'm glad they're so thorough. I'd rather them paw through everything than something bad happen to someone because they were too lenient in their searches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter