Wristband Question

csmommy

DIS Veteran
Can you attach your DVC &/or TIW card to the wristband? It would make things even easier if it were possible!

Not yet. Don't know if there are any plans to do so, either.

I assumed you were asking if your perks / discounts could be linked to MDE. Your MB is linked to your MDE account and that is where your reservations and ticket entitlements are stored electronically.

Yes - I was hoping to be able to go to the parks with just the MB. Too bad. Thanks for the quick answer!

Yes - I was hoping to be able to go to the parks with just the MB. Too bad. Thanks for the quick answer!
I would never go to the parks without my ID, health insurance card and either a credit card or cash (incase the system goes down and you can't charge using your Magic Band). I also need my annual pass, DVC member card and my TiW card.

I would never go to the parks without my ID, health insurance card and either a credit card or cash (incase the system goes down and you can't charge using your Magic Band). I also need my annual pass, DVC member card and my TiW card.

This.....I have had to show my ID a few times when the band wouldn't scan right
DD was there when the machines went down and you couldn't charge using your band.

ABSOLUTELY agree with Missyrose! And Meriweather too. :flower:Tables in Wonderland is absolutely not connectable to your MB, nor your DVC membership. As a very longtime member, I'm not entirely sure I want it linked up, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before that happens. MagicBands are still a pretty new technology. And lots of DVC members think the little Member sliders they sometimes get with their MB's will get them their DVC discount, but it does NOT. You must have your DVC Member I.D. :dogdance:

Yeah I don't see a near future where I won't have to carry these also. It would be nice though not to have to carry my wallet. I don't see a time when my TIW card will be attached in my account, being a third party.

Never going to happen. Disney wants you to ask for any applicable discount instead of automatically extending it. If you forget to ask for your discount, it doesn't cost Disney any money.

Though TIW is not attachable to MB, my current understanding is that the fact you are a DVC Member can be determined from the band. Nevertheless, they still require your DVC Member card for any discounts; reason: the band shows it belongs to a DVC Member but the band does not verify the person actually wearing it is the DVC Member.

If you have the DVC slider on your band it can spur them to ask for your DVC card for the discount. That's all.

The reason they have to see the card is that even if you have the slider there are people who are selling them on E-bay saying that they can be used for the discount. They scam people into paying money for them. They also sell Magic Bands on E-bay saying that you need them, but they are already linked to someone elses account & can't be used by the person who buys it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter