Wraps for Bridesmaids in January?

irisbud

I wished upon a star and... ...Disney Bride in 200
I asked this question in my PJ but thought I might get more answers out here.

Our wedding is January 22, 2009 at noon at Sea Breeze Point. I asked my Sister (MoH) if she thought she would like a wrap for her dress (all of the dresses are long and strapless) and she thought they would be fine without.

When DF and I visited WDW last year in January the weather was very plesant and they would be fine without. However, I am worried that we might get a chilly day or something and they will need wraps so they don't freeze, especially if a breeze picks up next to the water.

What does anyone else think?

Tough to tell honestly- :confused3
We were there in the end February (into March) and it was really chilly. I wore pants and a light jacket the whole time.

I'd think that better to have the matching wrap and be able to take it off rather than be cold on your special day. It is also nice to be able to take pictures with and without it- changing up the look:yay:

I live in FL and have all my life. In January, it could be 85 one day and 50 the next.

My recc would be to find a pretty and cheap wrap for them to bring in case the weather is cool. Otherwise you won't really know unless you check the 10 day weather outlook because we get cold snaps but they only last for 2 days.

Caryn's wedding was Jan 24th at 10am. We wore wraps in the morning, but didn't really need them. The day after the wedding was FREEZING. We were all wearing sweaters in the park. So I think it's worth it to just have one just in case

i bought wraps and actually needed mine first thing in the morning, but took it off immediately after my ceremony. i'd get them just to be on the safe side...

Thanks ladies! I think I will find something fairly inexpensive but not hideous to have on hand just in case!

I saw some pashminas at Ross in multiple colors for less that $10.

And Davids has a pretty faux fur wrap for the bride (caryn wore the one i am looking at) that I plan to have onhand in case it is chilly for my Dec 5 wedding.

dawrobin - whats the weather like in florida around that time. Im hoping to have my wedding during the end of the 2nd week in december

I hadn't even thought about this! I was just assuming that it would be sunny and warm on Jan 8th. Quick question: if all the girls need wraps, is mine supposed to match the bridesmaids? And should I wrap up the flower girl? Or is it ok to demand that the groomsmen hand over their jackets without complaining if we get chilly a la every prom I ever went to? ...(jk)...(sort of)...

weather.com has the averages as 77 for the high and 56 for the low. Remember, this is the average. In Fl, it could be 80 one day and in the 30s the next (it does actually get this cold here- we have about 2 days a year that dip inot the 30s!) My bday is December 12 and I have had freezing bdays and hot as heck bdays.

In my experience, for my 2:30 wedding I should be Ok in my halter dress without a wrap, BUT I am buying one just in case.

If it is a morning wedding, 56 degrees is chilly to be tanding outside in a strapless wedding dress....

I specifically picked December so i would not be a schweaty bride, but also hoping to not freeze too bad...

So, I would say to not spend a LOT of money on somehting you may not wear, but to have somehting jic.

Oh and PS- the weather I checked was Ft Myers- Orlando is a little cooler than us.

It is listed as 73 and 53 in Orlando as averages for Dec

thatdisneygirl- i am not having a BP but I would think the bride would want a different wrap.

I would have them get a different one than me, so it coordinates wiht their dress, whereas I would have somehting match my dress in ivory, even though I am wearing bright blue shoes!

thatdisneygirl- i am not having a BP but I would think the bride would want a different wrap.

I would have them get a different one than me, so it coordinates wiht their dress, whereas I would have somehting match my dress in ivory, even though I am wearing bright blue shoes!

I bought a white Pashminia on Ebay for 10.00. My MOH got a shawl with her dress so she didn't need one. I was going to buy a fur bolero jacket but decided against it since it was 100.00, I might not wear it and I would never wear it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter