• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WPASADI week 5 challenge results! Did the teams beat the hosts?

Phil Keoghan said:
Did you notice I stole the Mean One's puppies?
Psst, Phil, give back the puppies! They're gonna do tribal council. Hurry before they change their minds!

Can someone post a link to the info on Indy challege! Thanks....Oh and a suggestion or request maybe, but after tribal FOB is only going to have 2 members and so is GSW, but MC will still have 5 do yall think maybe we can redistribute the teams again or maybe combine us 2? Just a suggestion, thanks!

Oh and congrats to the Evil Hosts!

MrsKreamer said:
Can someone post a link to the info on Indy challege! Thanks....
Here you go:

Okay, here you go:

Julia Roberts said:
You know how every superhero has the sidekicks or supporting characters. I'm not talking about Robin, but the non-costumed characters like Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Commissioner Gordon, or Alfred the butler.

The individual challenge -- Each of you should imagine yourselves as a sidekick persona for one of the characters on your team’s challenge. It can be a boy/girlfriend, buddy, police officer, or whatever, but it can not be in costume. The history and relationship should be fairly well detailed, and a picture from the Hero Machine site is good but not necessary.

If the Hosts win, your individual entry will be due into WPASADI Host within 24 hours of the judges decision being posted. Don't wait until the last minute! We cannot be held responsible for websites independent from our game going down. DO YOUR HOMEWORK NOW because we will not accept "trouble with the website" excuses for projects not started prior to the judges’ decision!

Congrats evil hosts!

I'm almost all moved and had to get on-line with Dial-up - GASP! to check on WPASADI!

Mission Crush has a drop out this week.....

Barbara

I must say I am confused by saying we did not have the full amount of DISers

Eeyore45
DaisyLove
Charade
Baloo
Chaoscent
Arielfn93
Robinrs
Webmaster Corey

I don't think they could have been more clearly spelled out than on the cast of characters page

we had two people agree to be in our story this week and in another - despite a final confirmation sent - only one backed out at the last minute - when people flat out don't tell you - how do you propose we handle that :confused3

it seems to me they should have understood the rules since BOTH teams would have clearly let them know this - so I really don't know how to handle this situation

I am also offended at the accusation that we didn't even ask permission - we have put out a quality product each week and followed the rules - so to say that we would just cheat is really rather insulting

also - it is HARD to come up with multiple characters on that generator - one is fun but to really put them in a comic form and have some sort of fluidness in your images - it really was limiting

I am still proud of our comic and hopefully we will do better next week.

Phil Keoghan said:
Did I do the Mean One justice? :rotfl2:
:rotfl: Yes, Phil. You did.

And yes, I found it.

But that was *MEAN* ROFL!!!

Congrats anyway, even if you must have bribed them. ;) ;) ;)

(seriously, haven't finished reading the thread, I wanna *see*!!! Hehehe)

julia & nicks mom said:

Eeyore45
DaisyLove
Charade
Baloo
Chaoscent
Arielfn93
Robinrs
Webmaster Corey

I don't think they could have been more clearly spelled out than on the cast of characters page
For the record, I saw all of your DISers. I didn't point out some of the things I disageed with in the other judges ratings because we pretty much agreed to disagree on several different items this week. Just wanted to let you know I was clear on your 8 DISers and the use of Disney Villains didn't confuse me in the least either.

I am also offended at the accusation that we didn't even ask permission - we have put out a quality product each week and followed the rules - so to say that we would just cheat is really rather insulting
Who said you cheated? Oh, you mean because some of your disney villains happen to also be DIS userids? I'm confused here :confused3

Please remember many of our judges have quite the strong abrasive personalities. Take the reviews with a grain of salt, see what was liked and disliked and go from there for next time.

And as for the comments on our entry -- we read the "study comic book WRITING" -- which is what we gave y'all. And if I were better at cartooning, we'd have had the full thing in comic book form like our cover sheet, first page, and the team photos. As for describing the powers better -- if you read the script (which I'm guessing some of you *didn't* entirely), you'd have seen that we *did* go into detail on more of their powers, describing in full detail how they got them, when and where they were when they got them, each character described their powers in format... The implication that we didn't do our homework stings, because we did. We focused on the story, writing, character development, and length (which *was* comparable to a real comic book length). Maybe we didn't think to go take pictures from other comics (stroke of genious, Hosts!!), but we did do our homework as well. Sorry that y'all didn't like it.

Emily - as quoted from Gordon's review

and I really "bleep"-ing think you never even asked for permission on use of the names,

our villains were the Disney Villains - not members of the DIS - we had our 8 DISers - and 8 Disney villains -

sorry Gordon - I didn't realize we needed to write these 4 fictional characters and get their permission

Rajah said:
The implication that we didn't do our homework stings, because we did.......Sorry that y'all didn't like it. .
It was clear you'd put a lot of work into the entry, I don't think anybody thought otherwise. It just wasn't exactly what we were looking for I guess.

julia & nicks mom said:

Eeyore45
DaisyLove
Charade
Baloo
Chaoscent
Arielfn93
Robinrs
Webmaster Corey

I don't think they could have been more clearly spelled out than on the cast of characters page.
I am one of the ones that didn't see all 8 Disers. I somehow overlooked one...sorry! But for the record I only counted off .25 of a point for it. Even if I change your score to a 3.5 (I gave you a 3.25) it wouldn't change the outcome. Sorry for my mistake but I think the results were still pretty fair. I did like your entry and like I said you would have won if it hadn't been for the Hosts this week.
julia & nicks mom said:

also - it is HARD to come up with multiple characters on that generator - one is fun but to really put them in a comic form and have some sort of fluidness in your images - it really was limiting

I am still proud of our comic and hopefully we will do better next week.
Just out of curiosity, who accused of you of cheating? Anyway, please try to remember that judging isn't easy as you are all very talented and in the end there will only be one (or 2, if we have a tie again this season!) winner. We are trying to stay true to our judging identities but don't want to have to constantly worry about hurting feelings of the teams that don't win. Yes, we made a mistake if you had 8 Disers and no, you shouldn't have been accused of cheating, but it still wouldn't change the outcome as I said. You did a good job but the majority of the judges agreed that the Hosts had the best entry this week. You win some, you lose some. Please try not to take things too personally. And remember that it was mentioned during sign-ups that this game is not for the faint of heart. Criticism is part of it.

And to address Rajah...no, your comic would have been very good had you added more pictures so it wouldn't seem so long winded. To me, that was what hurt you. The other parts were very good. I just got bored trying to read so much without visuals for a comic. I hope you didn't take it too personally either.

I hope by taking the time to address this that you (collective you) will understand why I judged the way I did, but this is the last week I will explain my decision when it comes to judging. We're getting near the end now and the stakes are only going to get higher. I hope everyone has the stomach for it! ;)

Randy "Dawg" Jackson said:
I am one of the ones that didn't see all 8 Disers. I somehow overlooked one...sorry! But for the record I only counted off .25 of a point for it. Even if I change your score to a 3.5 (I gave you a 3.25) it wouldn't change the outcome. Sorry for my mistake but I think the results were still pretty fair. I did like your entry and like I said you would have won if it hadn't been for the Hosts this week.

Just out of curiosity, who accused of you of cheating? Anyway, please try to remember that judging isn't easy as you are all very talented and in the end there will only be one (or 2, if we have a tie again this season!) winner. We are trying to stay true to our judging identities but don't want to have to constantly worry about hurting feelings of the teams that don't win. Yes, we made a mistake if you had 8 Disers and no, you shouldn't have been accused of cheating, but it still wouldn't change the outcome as I said. You did a good job but the majority of the judges agreed that the Hosts had the best entry this week. You win some, you lose some. Please try not to take things too personally. And remember that it was mentioned during sign-ups that this game is not for the faint of heart. Criticism is part of it.

And to address Rajah...no, your comic would have been very good had you added more pictures so it wouldn't seem so long winded. To me, that was what hurt you. The other parts were very good. I just got bored trying to read so much without visuals for a comic. I hope you didn't take it too personally either.

I hope by taking the time to address this that you (collective you) will understand why I judged the way I did, but this is the last week I will explain my decision when it comes to judging. We're getting near the end now and the stakes are only going to get higher. I hope everyone has the stomach for it! ;)

Thanks Randy - let me say this loud and clear

I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH THE RESULTS
THE HOSTS DID AN AWESOME JOB

I just am offended that Gordon flat out accused us of cheating -

and to be candid - it is a little frustrating when there is a cast of characters with 8 DISers clearly named all on one page with NOTHING else on that page to be told that our characters could not be found -it does make one wonder how closely the entries were read - you have to give me that!

Rajah said:
Maybe we didn't think to go take pictures from other comics (stroke of genious, Hosts!!),

Thanks, Rajah. You have no idea how weird it was to be flipping through comics looking for pictures of no-names sitting at computers! :rotfl:

All the teams had some very clever stuff going on. Just imagine what we could have done if we were all putting a book together as a group. The creative energy among the WPASADI is even bigger than 1.21 jigawatts!

julia & nicks mom said:

and to be candid - it is a little frustrating when there is a cast of characters with 8 DISers clearly named all on one page with NOTHING else on that page to be told that our characters could not be found -it does make one wonder how closely the entries were read - you have to give me that!
Oh, okay. I didn't realize Gordon had accused you of cheating. But remember, being rude is part of his "personna". That's why I wouldn't take that too personally. Simon was pretty good at offending people last season too. It's what people expect of both of them and they do play their parts well or you wouldn't feel offended right now. ;) And I did read your entry very closely but I just can't count apparently. For some reason I only counted 7! I now realize that you were right, and there was 8. Either that, or maybe I wasn't counting WM Corey in my mind since he had already been claimed by the hosts first. Yes, I know I was supposed to count him, but I was focusing on who got him first at that point and not thinking. That is my mistake. Again, I apologize. I will triplecheck everything next week.

julia & nicks mom said:

If you don't mind I would like to throw my 2 cents since I made the comment that I could only see 4 diser's also. On your cover I saw cast of characters but I also saw "Dis Team Victims" and that's where I got my number from. For me personally this challenge really stood out with one team over all the other's. I believe I also gave you some positive feedback also. I think Emily and Randy gave good advice.

Rajah said:
And as for the comments on our entry -- we read the "study comic book WRITING" -- which is what we gave y'all. And if I were better at cartooning, we'd have had the full thing in comic book form like our cover sheet, first page, and the team photos. As for describing the powers better -- if you read the script (which I'm guessing some of you *didn't* entirely), you'd have seen that we *did* go into detail on more of their powers, describing in full detail how they got them, when and where they were when they got them, each character described their powers in format... The implication that we didn't do our homework stings, because we did. We focused on the story, writing, character development, and length (which *was* comparable to a real comic book length). Maybe we didn't think to go take pictures from other comics (stroke of genious, Hosts!!), but we did do our homework as well. Sorry that y'all didn't like it.

To help clairify some things.......My very first sentence in my review was "Your site was hard to understand" What does that mean to you? I had a hard time understanding it. I am sorry that I had a hard time but that's the truth. It was very confusing and the part about the powers well I saw the page where it showed the people and the right side with brief description. It was boring and not set up in a comic book form. I tried to just let the rules speak for themselves because I really didn't think you followed them. Now it really wasn't my intention to "sting" you and I am sorry you feel the way that you do. Take that energy and bring it on for next challenge. Dr.Phil

Evil Hosts, I just have one complaint about your depiction of Froggy in the comic,, You need to add at least another 40 lbs around the midsection:)

i say its a good representation EH.. but then i'm biased:)

I went back and triple checked myself, true to this game, especially as the players have several days to complete the challenge, yet the judges always scramble to get critiques out, ASAP.

We are not judging you...just what is presented to us.

And, as I am the "one to blame" here...

For one, I like to point out I stated "using "bleep" "stock" villians rather than creating your own did cheapen your entry for me."

By not even being bothered to research usernames on the board that could be used was lazy, shoddy, sloopy and an easy "out", with too many opporttunities of other teams duplicity, when it would have taken you all of under five "bleep"-ing minutes to research. Poorly done, in my opinion.

Not a word about cheating, I never once wrote the word cheat...I said using who you did cheapened it for me, and yes I did feel cheated by your choice, though I never went as far as stating that word . It wasn't a "bleep" word I used once in my whole "bleep"-y critique. I said I thought you put out sloppy and shoddy work. I accused you of being lazy and slipshod. Could it be you are by chance projecting things that I never called you out for??!..hmmmmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter