Wow!

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
I know how boards on gay marriage often turn ugly here but this, I HAD to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jc4ujp9Ok

:scared1: I cannot believe some of the things I am hearing in that video!
"although the arguement of re-defining marriage is couhced in happiness or equal rights, it's really about gaining control........"
(@ 1:51)
I mean just.....:eek: I am dumbfounded. Honestly and truely.

Anyways, I suppose I just posted this because I am sitting here alone in my room and I cannot believe what I just watched. Opinions?

I can't even finish that video. All the "facts" that are saying is such BS!! It doesn't even make sense.
"They might end adoption all together because gays can get married?"
WTH does that have to do with anything?!?!?!

This video is silly.
I love the vote no h8.

Perez had one on today for the Mothers against Prop 8, it was really sweet.

Love is blind. You don't like it, good, now go shut your piehole.
Did you see the one with children. DO NOT TEACH HATE!

hmm.
There's a commercial here that is yes for prop 8 about children being taught that gay marriage is equal and stuff.

Why are children, their example age is second grade, being taught about the fundamentals of marriage? Does that weird anyone else out? I dunno, I was never taught anything on marriage, so I don't really know what they're talking about.

I feel for the churches. I mean, it would be ignorant of us to dismiss the fact that many religions around the nation are opposed to gay marriage, yet if they don't agree to marry gay people in their church they have to pay an exuberant amount in money in taxes (churches haven't had to pay taxes) because their inability to marry gay people is in conflict with laws held down. If they're made to pay taxes...doesn't that erase the fine line we hold in place to separate church and state?

I dunno, has nothing to do with the video...I'm just wondering. The adoption thing was funny; they adopt to gay people NOW...why would it matter if they were married? I would think that would improve their chances of being able to adopt, y'know?

Their advertisement seems to work in California; In polls, 5% more people are saying their going to vote yes on prop 8; a large percentage of those people are young adults strangely. Probably because the mayor of San Francisco is crazy and was like, "The door's wide open now. It's going to happen, whether you like it or not." Uummm...right dude.

full of crap. id like them to prove the BS they are saying.
oh, the government will say anything to scare the un-educated into a stupid decision.
too bad half of this world cant see past the curve of their own noses.
:/

full of crap. id like them to prove the BS they are saying.
oh, the government will say anything to scare the un-educated into a stupid decision.
too bad half of this world cant see past the curve of their own noses.
:/

...That was created by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, not the government.

I dunno, threads like this make me mad because people call other people "un-educated" or "stupid" for having an opinion that differs from their own. One of the kids on that weird clip was attending UCLA school of law...I'd have to guess that he isn't uneducated.

People just complain about religious people, or people who disagree with gay marriage, being ignorant or close-minded, but aren't people who don't view and try to see the other side of the argument, no matter what side they reside on, ignorant or close-minded?

I dunno, I've viewed both sides of the argument, I've read up on this topic, and I'm still in the group for full civil unions, but not marriage. Does that make me uneducated? Does that mean I'm making a stupid decision?

I'm still anti-gay marriage.
I agree with the fact that those marriage facts shouldn't be taught in schools like the one woman said.

You shouldn't be talking marriage in school unless the class is Family Living, or perhaps studying healthy relationships in sex ed.
Honestly, kids underneath the age of like 15 don't usually even think about marriage.

I can honestly say, in all my years of public school I never ever was taught about marriage. Never heard of marriage being taught in schools, gay or otherwise. :confused3

I can honestly say, in all my years of public school I never ever was taught about marriage. Never heard of marriage being taught in schools, gay or otherwise. :confused3

Me neither. Even in sex ed and my Home Ec class, I never learned about marriage...

I'm still against gay marriage. California schools are going down the drain though, with alot of different things. You can't even homeschool, without your mom/dad/whoever a bachelors?? of education. They've got alot of work to do there.

People are disgusting idiots. But being taught about marriage in schools is stupid all around whether conventional or gay.

I think once in grade 9 Personal Development we spent a class talking about what are some ingredients to a healthy relationship.
But it wasn't necessarily marriage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter