• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wow, whats going on?

midsummerdream

Earning My Ears
We were initially planning a week in Disney in mid November, but are now looking at the first week of December due to my son's basketball tryouts. It seems that there is very little available accommodations wise (moderates) during this week (checked WL too...nothing).

Did I miss something here, and is something going on this week? Seems like this should be a slower time with more availability and I'm a little surprised at the trouble I'm having.

Anyone know whats up?

I don't know if anything is going on that week but, I have heard that the week has become alot more popular due to Thanksgiving being over crowded. I think that used to be mentioned as one of the best weeks to attend, so maybe people are taking that advice.

We were initially planning a week in Disney in mid November, but are now looking at the first week of December due to my son's basketball tryouts. It seems that there is very little available accommodations wise (moderates) during this week (checked WL too...nothing).

Did I miss something here, and is something going on this week? Seems like this should be a slower time with more availability and I'm a little surprised at the trouble I'm having.

Anyone know whats up?

That is Pop Warner week. Lots of football teams and cheerleaders!

Yup, Pop Warner so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people opted for one of the moderates instead of AS.
Also, I believe free dining and the 40% off code are probably helping WDW fill up the place.

To the OP~
I hear ya. We actually have a reservation for that week at WL, but I want to change my room category and there is nothing available. I also want to change one of my ADR times, and again, nothing available. For giggles, I chose a few random restaurants and times and, you guessed it, no availability. I'm planning on the week being more crowded than I had expected.

We were there last Dec 4- 11. Pop Warner is there. I picked that time b/c I had heard it was a slow time. IT IS NOT! I was amazed at how crowded it was. Trying Oct this year.

Gee.... I did a search on "Pop Warner" .... had no idea what everyone was referring too... :rolleyes1 :blush: I taking DS (ASD) Nov 28 to Dec 2 for a quick trip to see the Xmas decorations.
Have I picked a super busy time? :crowded:

My nephew has a soccer tournament thingy at Disney during that week as well. though I don;t know the dates

I heard how this was a value time and not busy but now I am worried. I know that most of the time we are there the FD is not available. How does Pop Warner interfere with what is normally a slow time. We have been there before when they have had huge conventions and seriously it was still great---no line, no waits. Anyone have any idea how this time will be? I have waited many times to go at Christmas time and I am looking forward to lots of magic. :)

We are staying at CBR 12/2 - 12/8 and I am having a terrible time trying to get ADR at any other time besides 9pm! We have 10 of us in our group, so I thought that was why but it sounds like others are having this problem too.

We went in September a few years ago and it was terribly hot but not crowded. Starting to wonder if we should have stuck with September.

There are many Pop Warner threads. The crowd level at the parks during the day are rather reasonable, most at a level 3 or below. Pop Warner kids are competing during the day so they don't influence the crowds too much. Pop Warner folks stay at the All Stars and one moderate.

Free dining and the general public percentage off not available that week. Only pin codes sent directly to a person were accepted. There may be exceptions and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

We are going that week and chose to stay at a deluxe. My TA said we should have a great week and the crowds should be fine.

We are staying at CBR 12/2 - 12/8 and I am having a terrible time trying to get ADR at any other time besides 9pm! We have 10 of us in our group, so I thought that was why but it sounds like others are having this problem too.

We went in September a few years ago and it was terribly hot but not crowded. Starting to wonder if we should have stuck with September.

The group of 10 does make it more difficult and most people who are going the time that you are probably made their ADRs back in June. We are going 12/4 - 12/12 and I know I made all of ours then. We some nights we have a group of 7 and managed to get exactly what we wanted.

The 2nd or 3rd week of November is Teachers Convention week in NJ. Election day is usually thrown in there too. The kids have off that week and MANY people from NJ will be at Disney. I heard it is a very crowded week.

The group of 10 does make it more difficult and most people who are going the time that you are probably made their ADRs back in June. We are going 12/4 - 12/12 and I know I made all of ours then. We some nights we have a group of 7 and managed to get exactly what we wanted.

I agree with Taylor. We are staying @ WL (Woods w/ BB) was able to book it with PIN for Dec 5-12. Back in February the CM @ said there was only 8 rooms available at WL for the PIN we were using, 40% ?
Even in June it was difficult to get all the ADRs' we wanted for our party of 7, but we did get 99% of them.

I agree with Taylor. We are staying @ WL (Woods w/ BB) was able to book it with PIN for Dec 5-12. Back in February the CM @ said there was only 8 rooms available at WL for the PIN we were using, 40% ?
Even in June it was difficult to get all the ADRs' we wanted for our party of 7, but we did get 99% of them.

We used our 40% off pin back in Feb for this Dec trip and all the CL GV rooms allotted for that pin were taken. So for the same price (we had already booked a GV CL room) we were able to add 2 nights and get a TPV room.

They usually tape the Christmas parade the first weekend in December. We have gone the first weekend of December a couple of times, and resort availability was spotty. The parks weren't bad.
If I had to overlap Pop Warner I would MUCH rather overlap them at the beginning of their tournament instead of the end.

We were @ the Poly the sun. after thanksgiving last year through the first week of Dec.. It wasn't crowded, the only long waits were for TSM and Soarin. The restaurants were packed, tho and cms @ the Poly told us that the resort was filling up just as we were leaving. The Christmas decorations were awesome, only 1 rainy day, too cold for much swimming (for us - others swam @ the resort.) Liked it so much I'm going back to WDW again same week this year.

SEE YOU THERE!

We're 12/3 - 12/10 and definitely in the same boat as far as ADRs go. Really having a hard time...but this was a "last minute" trip so I missed the 180 day window. I hope it's not bad...

We'll be at the Beach Club 12/12-12/16, it's a last minute trip and there are no ADRs to be found. Kind of sad, but we're there for the Christmas Decorations, not the food this time.

SEE YOU THERE!

We're 12/3 - 12/10 and definitely in the same boat as far as ADRs go. Really having a hard time...but this was a "last minute" trip so I missed the 180 day window. I hope it's not bad...

We're at CBR 12/2 - 12/8 also! :cool1: We'll be celebrating my mom's 75th birthday!

Keep checking for new ADR's...I was able to get 'Ohana and LeCellier after checking for a few days. People cancel all of the time.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter