Wow, river turns red.. that can't be good

lovemygoofy

DIS Veteran
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...s-mystery-175232434--abc-news-topstories.html

gty-yangtze-river-dm-120907-wmain-jpg_173435.jpg

People were flipping over dead birds and fish. I can't wait to hear what people think of this. It does seem pretty ominous though.

Hey, that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Probably just a coincidence.

Oh wait, there were all those crazy solar flares today and earthquakes in China and California.

I'm sure it's nothing.

I wonder who the last martyr might be.

Well if this were the Euphrates River or the Nile River I'd be taking more notice:eek:. But since this is in China, I'm sure it's got something to do with red algae that causes problems every now and then when waterways become over polluted.

It's China, where you can't hardly see the building next door due to pollution.

I'm sure dumping of chemicals and other god-knows-what things have nothing to do with it. :rotfl:

I read some of the comments (there are always some that are really funny) and it was stated this has happened before in the same river - pollution/dumping of chemicals. Scary sad!

And you wonder why products from China are so cheap, it's not just labor costs, its lack of environmental regulations and enforcement.

I read some of the comments (there are always some that are really funny) and it was stated this has happened before in the same river - pollution/dumping of chemicals. Scary sad!

It was a different river in 2009. They blamed it on dye from a plant that time. This river is way too big for the blame to be placed on dye. It's one of China's two major rivers. If the Chinese find out the real problem, we'll never hear what it was, anyway.

And you wonder why products from China are so cheap, it's not just labor costs, its lack of environmental regulations and enforcement.

Yup - actually, when you factor in transportation costs, poor quality, and the fact you have to carry 5X as much inventory as you would with a U.S. based plant, the labor cost is in no way cheap enough to justify moving production to China. The real savings come from the lack of EPA & OSHA.

It's hardly the first river or body of water to turn red..in some instances it is red tide and others it is a chemical spill of some sort (most likely in China).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter