Wow - renovated BWV 1 bedroom

I called Disney and asked the girl who answered if bwv have had any renovations latey. She told me no. Was she wrong and can I really hope that in November I might end up with a newly renovated room?:yay:

I called Disney and asked the girl who answered if bwv have had any renovations latey. She told me no. Was she wrong and can I really hope that in November I might end up with a newly renovated room?:yay:

ALL BWV rooms are now renovated. Enjoy.

Gosh, just when you think it's going to be okay, still no luggage. Shouldn't Delta provide you with the necessities for the kids, like at least a change of clothing? Save your receipts and check your ticket and the Delta Website. Hope it all goes better from now on.

Delta doesn't do much anymore. My son and his family flew Buisness Elite to Italy last summer. And, yep...they lost their luggage. They had a 1 year old, a carry-on and a stroller. The carseat took three days to arrive..the other bags arrived two days later. I think, the reimbursement was around $150USD. The only reason they received that much was because of they were had FC and BE tickets. That didn't go far buying diapers, clothes and renting a carseat ..in euro. The carseat alone was more that the allowable.

OP..I'm glad you guys are loving BWV. It's our "home" and our favorite resort.:love: Here's some pixiedust: for the rest of your vacation!

wow, I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles that you have had in your first couple of days :sad2: and it completely unacceptable what Delta is not doing to help!!

I hope swimming and maybe walking around helped cheer up you and your daughter!

I can't wait to see the pics!

Gosh, just when you think it's going to be okay, still no luggage. Shouldn't Delta provide you with the necessities for the kids, like at least a change of clothing? Save your receipts and check your ticket and the Delta Website. Hope it all goes better from now on.

What Delta should do is reimburse you for the fee you paid for them to take the luggage. But I doubt that will happen. The fee is for "handling" the luggage, not guaranteeing it will get to the same place you are going.

What Delta should do is reimburse you for the fee you paid for them to take the luggage. But I doubt that will happen. The fee is for "handling" the luggage, not guaranteeing it will get to the same place you are going.

And that is just one of the many reasons I will NOT fly Delta if I can help it. That's a tough call from here in Minnesota, were NWA was the "home town airline", and Delta came in and took it away. Delta's customer service is pretty much non-existant, and after flying Sun Country to WDW this month, we decided it will be a cold day in hell before we take Delta again. I'd drive first!

Update - we are home now. I got an email reply from Delta yesterday - they said they would reimburse me for "reasonable out-of-pocket" expenses. So I will submit a claim for appx $150 for swimsuit, flip-flops & cover-ups, as well as appx $50 for the room service breakfast I ordered when I realized our Le Cellier lunch was not going to be possible. All they can do is tell me no. Without a car to drive to Wal-mart, the Boardwalk general store was really my only choice. And just for the record, the misplaced suitcase was never intended to be checked - we had to gate check ALL our carry-ons because the overhead bins were all filled only halfway thru boarding. I never would have put ALL my kids clothes in ONE bag had I thought it was going to be checked. As an aside, the airlines really need to start cracking down on folks who are too cheap to check any bags and bring 2 full size carry-ons (it's supposed to be one carry-on for the overhead bin and one smaller personal item such as a purse, briefcase or backpack that must fit under the seat.) But I digress : )

Ok, here are pictures. They are not fabulous since I took them with the Blackberry. But trust me, these renovations are very nice and I am a very picky and critical traveler:

Deb & Bill - these are per your request (and if my kids find out they'll never forgive me - LOL:)

This was our "zoomed in" view - room 4127:

Finally, the Luna Park pool we were "forced" into using on check-in day (in hindsight, a pretty nice way to spend the day!)

Aw, the kids look great. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Aw, the kids look great. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Thanks - we have decided going forward that every first day of stay should be a pool day, weather permitting. I'll put the bathing suits in my purse, just in case ;) !!!

Thanks - we have decided going forward that every first day of stay should be a pool day, weather permitting. I'll put the bathing suits in my purse, just in case ;) !!!

And pack those Delta Team shirts, too!!:lmao:

Well, well, well, it's been about 3 months since our spring break trip, and guess what I found in the mailbox today? A check from Delta for $202.56 - I submitted receipts for our room service breakfast and for the kids swim gear...and they reimbursed me for the entirety. I am stunned and pleased all at once. Just had to share the news. If an airline loses or misplaces your luggage, save those receipts - miracles do happen.

:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Great to hear, but after our last Delta fiasco, I am finished and instead of flying our local airport will travel to Austin out of Jet Blue!! Glad it worked out and I love resort days also!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter