Wow! Our itinerary totally changed for April 26, 13!

FYI: For anyone that still wants an 8-Nighter w/ the Mexico ports & Grand Cayman, it looks like the January 4th 8-Nighter out of Galveston is still showing up on the DCL booking and it is Grand Cayman, Costa Maya & Cozumel.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

FYI: For anyone that still wants an 8-Nighter w/ the Mexico ports & Grand Cayman, it looks like the January 4th 8-Nighter out of Galveston is still showing up on the DCL booking and it is Grand Cayman, Costa Maya & Cozumel.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

Oh...that's sounds great..though we can't get Jan off! But hope others that don't like their cruises and can afford to go so soon can book it! Thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup2

I am sorry your not happy but I must join the other posters, I like the new trip better!

Well, I don't like it better. My cruise date got changed to two b2b 4-night sailings only stopping at Cozumel each time. That's not even remotely appealing to pay the money for a week cruise and only stop at Cozumel - twice!

Well, I don't like it better. My cruise date got changed to two b2b 4-night sailings only stopping at Cozumel each time. That's not even remotely appealing to pay the money for a week cruise and only stop at Cozumel - twice!

:thumbsup2
I think the people who booked these cruises, myself included, did so because this is the cruise the wanted. Cozumel is the least appealing port on the itinerary, IMO. Sorry, I love Disney but I am not in the camp that they can do no wrong. This is the third time in recent memory they DCL has done something like this. Sure I understand they are well within their legal rights, but that is not building any DCL brand loyalty with people it affects.

So so happy!!!

We swapped a 6 night May 4 for the week before (April 26, 2013)
So worth reading the Dis!

Whoop!!!
:goodvibes

:goodvibes Since my first question was "What would you do?"

I thought I'd give the consensus:

Many, many don't like that DCL made the changes and have differing views as to why...

There are some of the cruisers that are booked and have been changed that definitely Do NOT like it, and are contemplating cancelling all together.

However, about 1/2 that booked the cruises DO like it, and are keeping what they have. Also, these changes sparked alot of interests in future cruises.

Then there are a couple of us booked that part of the parties like the changes and part don't. :rotfl:

:goodvibes I find myself caught in the middle. What would you do definitely depends on your families wants and needs. We are not 'unhappy', though we were surprised and now have to plan accordingly. Frankly, I'm a little excited I won't be splurging as much on port adventures.:) Nor will I be a little nervous over Mexico(albeit people tell me there's nothing to be nervous about on those ports). But I have some 'coaxing' to do too with my other family members who were hoping for Mexico and Grand Cayman.:cutie:

And for those of us who love:lovestruc ALL things Disney, this will be a trip, just not an international one.:goodvibes

An interesting day to be sure!

Can the OP copy the email section where it details the new itinerary?
:goodvibes

Hmmmm...I didn't post that comment, but I can share with you what my email says.

Friday - Galveston
Saturday - Day at Sea
Sunday - Day at Sea
Monday - Disney's Castaway Cay
Tuesday - Port Canaveral
Wednesday Day at Sea
Thursday - Key West
Friday - Day at Sea
Saturday - Galveston

HtH's!

I would definately feel differently about it if I was booked on an 8 day that was changed to 2 4 days. 2 back to back identical 4 day cruises does not equal 1 8 day cruise.

I was surprized they didn't offer this when they first announced the 2013 dates. I honestly thought this would be what they would have originally released.

I am surprized since 2013 has been out for a while now that they didn't wait to implement these changes in 2014.

I have a feeling though that for each person who cancels a cruise because they hate this change they will be able to sell and then some because of this change.

Does anyone know which days are going to be turned into 4day cruises?

I would definately feel differently about it if I was booked on an 8 day that was changed to 2 4 days. 2 back to back identical 4 day cruises does not equal 1 8 day cruise.

I was surprized they didn't offer this when they first announced the 2013 dates. I honestly thought this would be what they would have originally released.

I am surprized since 2013 has been out for a while now that they didn't wait to implement these changes in 2014.

I have a feeling though that for each person who cancels a cruise because they hate this change they will be able to sell and then some because of this change.

I was surprised too, that they hadn't originally announced this, especially as it is what they'd originally asked if we were interested in on our email survey after our last cruise. I'm just so happy!!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

ahem.
My deepest condolences to those who are unhappy with the changes.
:hug:

I am booked on the Feb 1, 8 night and it has been turned into two 4 nights. It looks like every other 8 night is two 4 nights and the others are the 8 night Bahamas.

Wow - so sorry to have this change after booking & making all the plans!! :sad1:

I know i would not want to do this itin, myself, & am so, so grateful that the changes don't apply to my cruising coming up in a little over a month, out of Galveston. I'm not a big fan of KW at all, just went to WDW, and CC can be pleasant, but not worth losing the Caribbean waters for... :scared1:

I really hope that everyone affected by this radical change (who, like many of us, do not want it) can find workable solutions!! :hippie:

Hmmmm...I didn't post that comment, but I can share with you what my email says.

Friday - Galveston
Saturday - Day at Sea
Sunday - Day at Sea
Monday - Disney's Castaway Cay
Tuesday - Port Canaveral
Wednesday Day at Sea
Thursday - Key West
Friday - Day at Sea
Saturday - Galveston

HtH's!

Thanks!
Now I know my itinerary.

Thanks!
Now I know my itinerary.

And mine!:rotfl2: I am surprised you've not gotten an email? Or a phone call? They were very prompt this morning with all of ours!

And just so those folks who were surprised like we were, here's a positive note to leave you hanging...;) My friend just sailed out of NY and they did PC for a day. Said the buses start pretty early (around 6:30 am), you just grab the bus with your provided ticket, ride to the parks and return back to the ship starting about 3pm. And she seemed to think the buses back to PC ran as late as when the parks were opened. They loved it!:lovestruc

And mine!:rotfl2: I am surprised you've not gotten an email? Or a phone call? They were very prompt this morning with all of ours!

And just so those folks who were surprised like we were, here's a positive note to leave you hanging...;) My friend just sailed out of NY and they did PC for a day. Said the buses start pretty early (around 6:30 am), you just grab the bus with your provided ticket, ride to the parks and return back to the ship starting about 3pm. And she seemed to think the buses back to PC ran as late as when the parks were opened. They loved it!:lovestruc

I just joined this cruise half an hour ago from the May 4!
:thumbsup2
No way am I missing a chance to go to WDW by a week.

I got super excited about the new itinerary after seeing this thread. I am seriously considering moving my 7-night Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston to the 8-night March 29th cruise over Easter. Then I realized that it will be crazy crowded in WDW during Easter week. Anyone know what time the ship gets into PC? Is rope drop even possible? Being able to make rope drop would be the only way I would consider changing to Easter.

I got super excited about the new itinerary after seeing this thread. I am seriously considering moving my 7-night Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston to the 8-night March 29th cruise over Easter. Then I realized that it will be crazy crowded in WDW during Easter week. Anyone know what time the ship gets into PC? Is rope drop even possible? Being able to make rope drop would be the only way I would consider changing to Easter.

Yes, but you will need to be up and out early to make it. We were on one of the 8-night cruises out of NY this summer. Had reservations on the 7:15 bus to Animal Kingdom and were there in plenty of time for rope drop. We were able to do everything we wanted at AK before moving on to Hollywood Studios - got there around Noon ... and ride wait times were INSANE! 80 - 130 minutes for Rock-N-Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror.

I've heard of itinerary changes for maybe one port, but never the whole thing? We were headed to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Key West.

Now we're headed to CC, Disney for a day, and Key West. What would you do?:confused3

All headed out from Galveston.

My biggest objection to this would be that it seems like DCL is trying to steer even more money to themselves. A day at WDW would add a lot more expense to your cruise and more profit for them, and the same with CC.

Unless you really want to do that itinerary I would cancel. That is an entirely different vacation.

My biggest objection to this would be that it seems like DCL is trying to steer even more money to themselves. A day at WDW would add a lot more expense to your cruise and more profit for them, and the same with CC.

Unless you really want to do that itinerary I would cancel. That is an entirely different vacation.

Transportation to WDW and park hoppers are included in the cruise price. However, food is not, and surely people will buy souvenirs while there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter