• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow! Oct. trip was amazing...no smoking anywhere

Markstudy

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to a concert, cruise, beach, art show or any public event without being gased out by cig smoke :scared:

My recent trip to Disney took a few days to realize how great a time I was having.... then I noticed, no smoking anywhere in the 4 parks.

It was the best trip I've had in many years.... its amazing how far Disney has gone to help make the air smell like the great out-doors again. :rainbow: :shamrock: :rainbow:

PS thanks to the smokers who are following the rules :love:

I haven't been to a concert, cruise, beach, art show or any public event without being gased out by cig smoke :scared:

My recent trip to Disney took a few days to realize how great a time I was having.... then I noticed, no smoking anywhere in the 4 parks.

It was the best trip I've had in many years.... its amazing how far Disney has gone to help make the air smell like the great out-doors again. :rainbow: :shamrock: :rainbow:

You're welcome. I do try. :)

Well...

I'm going to have to smoke, even if it bothers the guests in the parks.

Its just the way I'm made.

If my smoke gets in the face of guests when I'm doing my thing... sorry.

I've gotta smoke, that's all, I can't help it.

signed,
-An Epcot Firework

:goodvibes

What? my wish came true?
Since when is there no smoking in the parks? That's amazing!
When I was there in June/July 05 there were designated smoking areas (compared to designated non-smoking areas which are all I'd ever seen living in California and Washington, and it took until November 05 for washington to finally make it illegal to smoke in a public building (bars/restaurants) or within 25 feet of a door or window that opened or air intake of one).

On my last trip there was some redneck that couldn't wait for the 4th of July fireworks display crowd (and by crowd I mean absolute human gridlock... we could have stopped a New Orleans levy from failing if in the right location) to disperse to light up with dozens of kids within 15 feet in only the downwind direction... he almost got carried through a garden and thrown into the waterway on the SW edge of the hub by moms, asthmatics and smokers alike. A 18 year old girl actually scared him into putting it out. he hid behind his other redneck friends... we would have been rofl if there was room. :D

I was there 2 weeks ago, and I was pleased with the relative lack of smoking. Just to clarify for the sake of one of the posters, there were still designated smoking areas, so there was still smoking in the parks. It seemed like most smokers were using the designated areas (thank you to them!:thumbsup2 ), but a few were not. That's when my husband and I did the "hold your breath and dash around" sprint :snooty:, so that at least we were out of their smoke trail! If there was a security guard nearby, my husband mentioned the "offender" to them.:)

As a former smoker :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: for people listening. The worst was at the elevators at the values, those ashtrays were always smoking as people didnt put the butts out all the way, the area was gross all around! Cant wait to see if that smell is gone!

Ok, that makes sense, it would probably take too much effort to make sure everyone followed the rules then pick up the butts that all go on the ground because there'd be no ashtrays...
And there'd probably be some outspoken lung-cancer enthusiasts that would have a fit like every time someone suggests or imposes a smoking restriction.

I'm still amazed that Washington's law passed, one county tried it and it lasted a whopping 5 weeks or so... then they caved to the smokers and bar owners claiming they were losing business to the local Indian reservation establishments. (nobody was actually driving 20 extra minutes to spend more money on gas just so they could smoke their expensive cigarettes in public...)

On my trip last month, I didn't see anyone smoking outside of the designated smoking areas, at the parks or at the resorts. Thanks! :thumbsup2 It did make for a more pleasant trip (and I used a lot less sinus medicine too).

I live in Columbus Ohio and people can not smoke anywhere here. All business' including bars are non smoking as well as every public place I can think of. The law was going to effect all of Ohio but I am not sure if thats already taking place. All I know is that there is NO where around here you can smoke. (I used to be a smoker, before I had my munchkins!)

Ok so there is still smoking in the parks, but only in the designated areas? I think if they banned it completely I wouldn't be able to drag my husband :sad2:

Ok so there is still smoking in the parks, but only in the designated areas? I think if they banned it completely I wouldn't be able to drag my husband :sad2:

Yep.... but since I'm not a smoker and never looked for the smoking areas on the map... it was nice
I didn't see any smoking for the entire trip.

I knew something was different, but its funny that it took me a few days to figure out why the air was so nice and clean smelling :beach:

They did a good job tucking the smoking areas out of the way, and smokers did a good job using them.

We did usually see an occasional smoker, mostly in Epcot at the Food & Wine Festival. We did see just 1 at the Magic Kingdom along Main Street after Spectro Magic. Other than that, it was pretty neat to not worry about smoke or being burnt by someone's cigarette. We were just there last weekend, Oct. 12-15. We were thrilled to hear the new rule announced. I think we heard it on the Monorail, but not sure.
Pomcoach:cheer2:

We were thrilled to hear the new rule announced. I think we heard it on the Monorail, but not sure.

This "rule" has been around for a few years now! The only new no-smoking rules are the ones imposed at the resorts this past summer.

This was actually the first trip that we saw anyone really smoke outside of the designated smoking areas. It was in Toontown while he waited for his daughter to get her face painted. We could really tell at Saratoga Springs when people were smoking everytime we opened our door. But, I do think it's nice to have designated areas, and I appreciate the smokers who follow those rules.

I wish they would do away with the smoking area in Toontown. It is such a nasty and smelly area. I dont like to take my kids to that end of Toontown.

The smoking area in Toontown is to the side of the train station. The only thing back there is the the gate where cast members go in and out of. Not sure why anyone would need to go back there except to smoke. That's probably one of the best smoking area's in the parks because it is away from everything.

As a smoker, I'm thankful that WDW has multiple DSA's throughout the park. It's never that hard to find one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter