Wow No more dance clubs on Pleasure Island

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
Hello to all on this Adults and Solo Board - wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday season during these "not so good economic times." We (myself 50, sisterfriends 44 and 29) will be down to Disney from December 19-24...we always look forward to a night out on Pleasure Island for dancing. Since the dance clubs have closed, where do you go to listen to music and dance...Hey does the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk still provide a nightly dance party. :cool1:

Hello to all on this Adults and Solo Board - wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday season during these "not so good economic times." We (myself 50, sisterfriends 44 and 29) will be down to Disney from December 19-24...we always look forward to a night out on Pleasure Island for dancing. Since the dance clubs have closed, where do you go to listen to music and dance...Hey does the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk still provide a nightly dance party. :cool1:

Yes I believe they do. I just came back at the end of October, stayed at the Beach Club. Came back from Epcot around 11:30 one night and Atlantic Dance was off da hook. I could hear the music and see the lights.

We saw the lights and heard the music one night while on the Boardwalk, but entered Atlantic Dance Hall to find 4 people their early 20s talking to the bartender they appeared to know. That was it. Next door, Dueling Pianos was open, but there was a $10 cover charge. It's just not the same without PI.

I haven't been there yet, but CSR has a club called RIX that looks amazing. (http://www.rix-lounge.com). So much so that I booked a stay at CSR in January. I'll post a review when I get back.

Kinda bummed to hear that about the Dance Hall. We were going to do that for a night while there. I guess we can check it out ... if it's terrible, no money wasted.

Went to jellyrolls at the boardwalk and it was a good time. That was in june. For some reason atlantic dance was the same nobody there, thats why we ended up at the piano bar.

Most of us PI regulars have switched over to CityWalk at Universal. It's nowhere near as good but there aren't a lot of options.

Margaritaville is a lot like Rock'n'Roll Beach Club and The Groove is a lot like Motion with little bit of 8TRAX thrown in. Bob Marley's can be a bit like BET Soundstage. Red Coconut Club is a martini bar and Rising Star is a karaoke bar (with backup band and dancers) and are thus unlike anything that PI had. Latin Quarter is an excellent mix of mostly latin dance music with some techno thrown in from time to time. For $11.95 you can get an all-club pass which is much cheaper than the same thing cost at PI.

BobK/Orlando

Hi, we will be down there at the same time as you, actually staying through January. I will miss some of our dance clubs up here (I love MurMur and Mixx in Atlantic City) so we are trying also to find a fun place to go to. If you can post here if you find somewhere fun to go. Maybe we will see you there!

One of my friends said that in Orlando theres an area called Church street Station that has more bars and an older crowd. Is this true? thanks!

It's downtown on Church Street, one block east of I-4. The street is blocked off on weekends and there is a large variety of restaurants and clubs. The main venue in the Church Street Station complex is a country music bar with a lot of wrought iron features and country dancing girls. Overall though, I would not call it an older crowd. All of downtown tends to be a younger crowd. The best mix of all ages is probably CityWalk at Universal.

BobK/Orlando

It's downtown on Church Street, one block east of I-4. The street is blocked off on weekends and there is a large variety of restaurants and clubs. The main venue in the Church Street Station complex is a country music bar with a lot of wrought iron features and country dancing girls. Overall though, I would not call it an older crowd. All of downtown tends to be a younger crowd. The best mix of all ages is probably CityWalk at Universal.

BobK/Orlando

Thank you for the info. We love to go out and dance, but being in our 30's we really don't want to hang out with 18-21 year olds. Just want to have fun and feel comfortable where we go. Thanks again!

Thank you for the info. We love to go out and dance, but being in our 30's we really don't want to hang out with 18-21 year olds. Just want to have fun and feel comfortable where we go. Thanks again!

Well Pleasure Island of course was a great mix of ages, from 21 to 60+. CityWalk is pretty similar; you would not feel out of place there at all. And it's a mix of both tourists and locals.

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter