WOW, just signed up for the YES program!

How far in advance do the classes fill up? I have 3 kids - 2 16 yr olds and a 13 yr old going in August. There is only 1 class available for the 16 yr olds for the time we will be there. I don't want to miss out but as everything in life (especially my life), times, dates, cirumstances etc change so I would like to wait as long as possible to buy because they are non refundable. I assume the payment needs to be made when you book the class, correct?

We just registered. The tickets are non-refundable. However, when you register you put in your arrival date and departure date. The tickets will be valid as of the arrival date you put in (so make sure you put in the earliest date you may want to use them), and the tickets expire 7 days after your planned departure date. The program that you sign up for can be any time between your arrival and departure date. For us, we will be in the area for 14 days, but our tickets are actually valid for 21 days because they could still be used for 7 days after our departure date.

Tickets are actually good from 7 days before your arrival date to 7 days after.

The classes fill up pretty quickly, especially now that more people know about the program.

How much of a span are you given for an arrival/departure date. So if I know I was coming for a week-10 days but not sure on the dates, could I just sign up for a date in the middle and then create a 3 week window for arrival/departure?

The classes fill up pretty quickly, especially now that more people know about the program.

I had read that tickets were good 7 days before arrival date on this board, but when we registered it told us they were good starting on our arrival date, but would not expire until 7 days after our departure date. This information is current (just registered 2 days ago).

How much of a span are you given for an arrival/departure date. So if I know I was coming for a week-10 days but not sure on the dates, could I just sign up for a date in the middle and then create a 3 week window for arrival/departure?

There should be no problem doing this. Again, just make sure you will not want to start using the tickets before the date you list as your arrival date.

This is the best budget tip out there-and it always seems like there should be a catch-it's too good to be true, but it is! We had a great experience doing the Art of Animation class at DHS a couple years ago, and saved a huge amoun on tickets for our whole family.

I sure hope that the YES program doesn't end up going away because no doubt there will be people who feel the need to "game" it...buy the tickets and then not use the program, buy the tickets for 1/2 the world and resell, etc, etc, etc. As we've seen even here on the DIS board [or maybe particularly on the DIS board] there are some out there who are always looking for an angle to work :sad2: For now, its a great deal and as a homeschooling parent I'm really excited about the enrichment experience that is available as part of our vacation.

I sure hope that the YES program doesn't end up going away because no doubt there will be people who feel the need to "game" it...buy the tickets and then not use the program, buy the tickets for 1/2 the world and resell, etc, etc, etc. As we've seen even here on the DIS board [or maybe particularly on the DIS board] there are some out there who are always looking for an angle to work :sad2: For now, its a great deal and as a homeschooling parent I'm really excited about the enrichment experience that is available as part of our vacation.

I agree. We are very excited to participate in this in August, both for the experience of our kids getting to take different classes and the savings is nice ;)

I think they are trying to be smart about preventing people from taking advantage of the program, so hopefully it will be around for a while. For example, they say if you skip your class your tickets can be voided (so that would cut down on people purchasing with no intention of attending, which sadly I have read on the Dis). Also, you now have to show photo ID when you pick up the tickets onsite so that would cut down on reselling (which you could have done when they were sending them in the mail).

I would put the earliest you would arrive as the arrival date and the latest you would leave as the departure date.

I had read that tickets were good 7 days before arrival date on this board, but when we registered it told us they were good starting on our arrival date, but would not expire until 7 days after our departure date. This information is current (just registered 2 days ago).

Hmmm.....I guess things could have changed. I didn't notice anything about that on my receipt this time, so I was just going by last year. Of course, last year, my tickets were mailed to me, so obviously other things have changed.

I just want to check that what I ordered is right...

I have a son who is 6 and will be going with my husband to a class. I have another son who is 4 and did not qualify for any of the classes due to age. I purchased 4 - 6 day park hopper premium tickets. Is that right since I only have 1 child who can participate?

I just want to be prepared incase I was only allowed a ticket for son and husband.

I just want to check that what I ordered is right...

I have a son who is 6 and will be going with my husband to a class. I have another son who is 4 and did not qualify for any of the classes due to age. I purchased 4 - 6 day park hopper premium tickets. Is that right since I only have 1 child who can participate?

I just want to be prepared incase I was only allowed a ticket for son and husband.

That's fine. They allow you to get tickets for both parents, as well as any children that cannot attend a class. They would not have let you get 4 tickets if you weren't eligible.

We would have never splurged on premium park hopper tickets without this program. I can't believe how much this just saved us on our trip. Woo hoo it makes me so excited for our June trip.

Thank you everyone for saving us so much money!

Is there a way to sign up for the class but not commit to the full ticket purchase? Or to be able to change the tickets selected at a time closer to travel? We are still mapping out some of our park days and also will be doing some rundisney events that trip so I need to get those squared away...but I not want to miss out on ds getting into a class!

Is there a way to sign up for the class but not commit to the full ticket purchase? Or to be able to change the tickets selected at a time closer to travel? We are still mapping out some of our park days and also will be doing some rundisney events that trip so I need to get those squared away...but I not want to miss out on ds getting into a class!

No, you have to pay for tickets when you register for classes. I would order the most days you may use. Extra days don't add much to the cost, and will still save you money.

No, you have to pay for tickets when you register for classes. I would order the most days you may use. Extra days don't add much to the cost, and will still save you money.

Thanks...

we can still get discounted tix thru runDisney and we have 2 sets of 10 day no expiring tix already, but I really want to sign ds up for the class...We are DVD so we stock up!

Maybe I'll just do his and my tix and do dh thru runDisney when we know more....

Thanks for posting! I didn't know about it, either. I've seen the big long thread about it but never opened it. Anyway, I was just able to sign the kids up for the Ocean Discoveries program in August and they're both excited about it. I'm excited about our ticket savings :), we saved $260 over what we would have paid for basic tickets, and got 3 premium and 1 hopper ticket :cheer2:

Can someone please clarify the ticket purchasing for adults for me? We'll have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. The 2 year isn't eligible for the program and also does not require a ticket for park admission. The ticket purchasing rules state that you cannot purchase more adult tickets than child tickets unless you have an only child.

So is DS5 considered an "only child" in terms of program participation and I can purchase 2 tickets for me and DH? Or can I only purchase 1 for one of us and 1 for DS5? The system will allow me to purchase up to 10 tickets but I think the enforcement will come when I go to pick them up.

Am I making this way more complicated than it is??? I tend to do that...:rolleyes1

Can someone please clarify the ticket purchasing for adults for me? We'll have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. The 2 year isn't eligible for the program and also does not require a ticket for park admission. The ticket purchasing rules state that you cannot purchase more adult tickets than child tickets unless you have an only child.

So is DS5 considered an "only child" in terms of program participation and I can purchase 2 tickets for me and DH? Or can I only purchase 1 for one of us and 1 for DS5? The system will allow me to purchase up to 10 tickets but I think the enforcement will come when I go to pick them up.

Am I making this way more complicated than it is??? I tend to do that...:rolleyes1

She would be considered an only child for this purpose, since you don't even need to add your DD2 on the registration.

We have been wanting to participate in Homeschool days for awhile now, but can never go in Jan or Sept. I'm so glad that my kids have this option and the savings does not hurt either. We want to go in mid-May because of DD8's b-day, but we also REALLY want to be there by May 31 now that we know that will be the closing date for Snow White. BUT, the May classes in my kids' age range seem to be full and the earliest one is June 18th. Your arrival date and departure date have to be within 30 days of each other, so I think that we can swing late May/early June for most of our days, do to the beach for a week and then come back for one more day to attend the class. BUT it will mean delaying our trip by two weeks.

Question for anyone who has recently purchased the tickets. Is there an option to use gift cards to pay for them? I have been adding a $25 GC onto to my grocery bill every couple of weeks to pay for our park tickets. Other expenses are already covered. Hoping I can use the gift cards for this...
Also, this trip will just be Grandma, DS and me. Will we be able to all get park tickets through this program? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter