Wow - is T-Rex really that popular?

pmanko

Mouseketeer
I am trying to make ADR for T-Rex in DD for mid-november - preferably dinner - all I can get is lunch ressies! Unbelievable.... with a > 900 seating capacity it's hard to believe they are booked for dinner. Esp. since they do not accept the Dining plan. Is it because they are located outside of the parks??
Is it possible to go there and get seated for dinner without ressies?? My 3 yr old will be soooo disappointed if we can't go and eat there... :sad1:

Hopefully someone can provide you with the phone # to call them directly. It showed no available reservations when I looked online but when I called it was no problem!

The restaurant isn't owed by Disney. Therefore they only give Disney so many tables for each seating for people to be able to book straight through Disney.

If you call them directly you most likely will not have any problem getting a reservation.

How are you trying to book? If it's through Disney Dining, try calling them directly. (You can Google it.)

Around the time of their opening, I read an article where the manager said that their policy would be to reserve 50% of their tables directly, reserve 25% through Disney Dining, and hold 25% for walk-ups. I don't know if that's still accurate, but it's pretty well established that there are more tables available by calling the restaurant than through Disney.

I also agree about calling them directly. I did when I was not able to get a time I wanted for our trip last week. I had no problem getting my desired time when I called them directly. It was not available online with Disney.

A lot of times you can walk up and sit at the bar. You aren't missing anything by not eating there. Go in and look around, doesn't cost anything. They give a 15% DVC discount but only on entrees, not appetizers (in the fine print).

The number for TRex is 407 828-TREX (8739). And we were able to change our reservations by calling them directly when Disney said they had nothing available at the new time I needed.

The place is worth dropping 60 bucks on. It is similar to Rain Forest Cafe. WE went for lunch and were there when it opened and the gave up prefered seats right in front of the mamoth and my daughter thought is was the greatest thing in the world.

yup - everyone was right on - i called them directly and got the day and time i wanted - no issues!! Glad I asked!!
now... anyone have a room suggestion of where to sit? Do they let you request a specific room. My DS is three, so not too scary of a room...

You could ask at check in. We were in the underwater type area with the jellyfish, it was pretty tame.

I couldn't make a reservation online or by calling on the phone, however, there was no wait when we arrived. I think they just want you to come and hang around rather than give a set time. They didn't even have the coral room open and there was plenty of seats even though she told me on the phone they were overbooked!:sad2:

Call the restaurant directly. I did last year and got the exact time I wanted.

PS - we didn't enjoy it. Very loud and we were in the ice cave room. Very dim lightening. made it hard to read the menu.

I couldn't make a reservation online or by calling on the phone, however, there was no wait when we arrived. I think they just want you to come and hang around rather than give a set time. They didn't even have the coral room open and there was plenty of seats even though she told me on the phone they were overbooked!:sad2:
Who were you on the phone with though? Was it Disney dining or TRex itself? Even via phone to Disney Dining, TRex only releases a small portion of their tables (online and phone are (ideally) the same inventory). If it was Disney Dining, it would explain what you saw easily. If it was TRex directly, then, well, I dunno :p.

well then I guess we don't want the Ice room!! But the underwater rooms sounds fun! So looking forward to it!

yup - everyone was right on - i called them directly and got the day and time i wanted - no issues!! Glad I asked!!
now... anyone have a room suggestion of where to sit? Do they let you request a specific room. My DS is three, so not too scary of a room...

We have one here where I live, as part of an outdoor mall. I haven't been to the one at WDW, but I assume it is similar. My kids don't have a problem with a particular room, but my 4 and 2 year olds get scarred during the electrical storm that happens every so often (I'd say about every 30 minutes or so...). I will warn you that the food is not very good, but your son will enjoy the experience. We've taken to eating somewhere else that's around (usually cheesburger paradise or outback) and then taking the kids to play/explore at t-rex. They love the dig area. I'm just glad we have one close because that is one less thing that I have to worry about scheduling into our WDW trips. We already skip a lot of stuff that we planned to do, due to lack of time.

Yay! T-Rex is so much fun! The food is good and a good variety and the portions are large.

On our last trip we ate kind-of out in the open, in front of the fire pits, and that was nice, b/c you could see everything. I know alot of people like the cave area, the cave changes colors. Really, I think anywhere you sit you will enjoy. It's a pretty amazing dining experience (loud, but really awesome).

We are going 11/30 for our 2 oldest sons' B-Days (they have the same B-Day 7 years apart). They can't wait. DS4 (soon to be DS5) wants to spend some of his B-Day $$ on the build-a-dino.

Have a great time!

Glad you were able to get in. Food is average but it's a cool place. Unlike the other posters I loved the ice room.

I am so Happy you can call T-Rex direct for reservations, I decided to switch around my last two days of our vacation and could not get anything at T-Rex lunch or dinner for the day I needed, Called and asked for a ressie between 8-10 pm and she said she could do any 15 between 8 and 10 pm so I booked 8:15pm

:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter