• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wow if your upset about the new pass priceing your head if going to pop off with surge pricing

What it would mean is that those of us that visit and change their minds on visiting a park a certain day and take an off day, may be paying more to switch our plans. I happen to think Disney is going the wrong way in all of the recent ticket decisions but it's not my company. Planning for a Disney trip used to be fun but now it's just a nightmare from tickets to FP+ 60 days out to dining reservations 180 days out. I know you can get the latter 2 closer in but my family used to love to sit after visiting a park and decide which park to do the next day. We can no longer do that and find we have to plan our days before ever leaving home (and really months before leaving home). It's just not enjoyable to me and we've been going 1-3 times a year for the past 16 years. I absolutely love Disney but cringe at all the planning that's now involved.

That is what I am worried about. Going for the holidays and I will be just purchasing regular tickets with Park hoppers. Not doing the APs. If they would allow us to pay monthly for the APs, then I would definitely get the Platinum. I love going for the holidays. And that is the only time some people with children in school can go.

I believe that they have opened the monthly payment option to everyone. No non- resident restriction.

Still only FL residents.

Ya, I just checked with member services. We live in Florida and use the payment plan but I must have misread the new options. Really be nice if that was available for out of state DVC members. Hope they consider adding that as a benefit for them.

I noticed today that there is a seasonal difference in the one day water park passes on the website. I don't recall seeing that before, so perhaps they are starting there?

Maybe...maybe not. I wouldn't expect any dramatic price reduction but I could see them going down maybe $5 from the current single-day price on the absolute slowest days.

If (when?) Disney goes down this path, I'd expect it to start with single day admission. I suspect a large portion of their business is still single day visits. That business can be very easily manipulated with flexible pricing (i.e. charge insane prices for New Year's Eve in hopes that some of the business can be pushed to Jan 1 instead; bump prices on 3-day holiday weekends in hopes some visit Thursday before or Tuesday after.)

Agree the multiday tickets are the toughest nut to crack. Much room for confusion. For those passes, I suspect Disney is content knowing they have guests visiting for numerous consecutive days rather than worrying about peak rates. Especially now that non-expiring passes are gone and there's virtually no way to re-sell unused days.

I have memories from the early 80s of my family telling me about offers in their offsite hotel room for an extra 'free' day - or free half day entry with purchase of full day. Everything old is new again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter