WOW - I just sold my old gold........

It is my understanding that within this next week, gold and as a result silver as well, will continue to go down in value. According to a report that I had read recently on a metals website. And that it has to do with Greece and their money as well as our USD supposedly gaining strength. I personally do not see our American Dollar becoming stronger, do you?
So if you can, buy what you can and how much you can, of Gold now, wait until it goes back up in value, preferably significantly of course, then sell. But not all of the gold that you might have, after all, higher or lower in asking price on the market, gold still is a worthwhile investment. Especially platinum, and rhodium.

Mypoints sent out an email today for Prestige Gold Buyers. You get 100 points for requesting a kit in the mail. Does anybody know anything about them?

I don't know about them. But it sounds interesting. When I have an opportunity to look into their company, I will. In the meantime, if you learn anything of interest about them, please let the rest of us know. TIA

I just checked the spot prices for metals, and yes indeed, gold and silver are even less at t his time, from just yesterday. How far it will hit bottom? I don't know yet. Based on what I have learned so far, I do not for see a great drop occurring anytime soon if ever.

Google search interesting on Prestige Gold Buyers. Everything that comes up on the first couple pages links directly to them, although the titles would imply that they are someone else. I will be interested to see what you find!

Well, I've had a gold bracelet hanging around for a while and on the weekend decided that right now would be the best time to get rid of it.

I sent it to USGS on the reccomendation of this thread.

They called me this morning: $488.89 :cheer2:

All for one gold bracelet that I bought at a yard sale for .25 about 12 years ago. (I didn't even know it was real until about 4 years ago, LOL!)

Well, I've had a gold bracelet hanging around for a while and on the weekend decided that right now would be the best time to get rid of it.

All for one gold bracelet that I bought at a yard sale for .25 about 12 years ago. (I didn't even know it was real until about 4 years ago, LOL!)

Great deal!!! I have to look through my jewelry box again. I got rid of a lot of jewelry with them. They are fast!

Wow, that's awesome! The price of gold is crazy now...makes me wish I hadn't sold all of mine two years ago!

my problem is that many of the items I have are rings that have diamonds in them. Does anyone know how that process works?

I have heard that depending on the stone they will add a little extra on. I would probably call them or email them if I were you and see what they say

They told me they do NOT pay for stones and did NOT for mine. I had diamonds and got nothing for them.

They told me they do NOT pay for stones and did NOT for mine. I had diamonds and got nothing for them.

Were they just little diamond chips?? If they were nice diamonds then I would've had them taken out and then sent in the gold

And you didn't get them back?

I got NOTHING back. And I was a bit upset with them. I told them on the phone I wanted anything back that they didn't buy. And then filled out the form THREE times and still nothing cmae back. I emailed them several times and finally someone replied and told me all my stuff was thrown away. They told me I never contacted them..even when I showed them the form I had emailed them, they still swore I never asked for anything back. I really didn't likethe guy I worked iwth and I should've had him send it all back. I know that some stuff was gold that he said was not. I had it tested elsewhere.

I got NOTHING back. And I was a bit upset with them. I told them on the phone I wanted anything back that they didn't buy. And then filled out the form THREE times and still nothing cmae back. I emailed them several times and finally someone replied and told me all my stuff was thrown away. They told me I never contacted them..even when I showed them the form I had emailed them, they still swore I never asked for anything back. I really didn't likethe guy I worked iwth and I should've had him send it all back. I know that some stuff was gold that he said was not. I had it tested elsewhere.

:eek:
sorry you had that experience, with so many people on the boards using them, that does not sound good at all...sure makes me think twice about using them..:scared1:.

:eek:
sorry you had that experience, with so many people on the boards using them, that does not sound good at all...sure makes me think twice about using them..:scared1:.

Most everyone else had a great experience. I think the ones who have had compalints had th same guy as I did...I want to say his name was Steve, but I could be wrong. I was still happy to get the money, but I don't think my experience went as smoothly as most.

That is really awesome! :) And I love that you only payed a quarter for it. That is why it is very important to take a good look at what others are selling. If it is real gold or silver or other metal of value, then it is worth taking a good look at it.

Regarding United States Gold Buyers and diamonds, they prefer to accept diamonds that are at least one carat. If they are smaller they will still take a look at them, and offer something for them. Keep in mind the offer is in whole sale dollars. If you have several smaller diamonds that would have a total carat weight of one carat or more, that would be fine too.
The payout for gold starts at 90 percent. For silver, 80 percent of market value. I know this because I have had several phone conversations with different agents, where I had asked quite a few questions to say the least.

I have done business with them three times now. And so far, so good. I am expecting my check from them any day now.

Jewelry that is junk, will be mailed back to you if that is what you want. Otherwise, they will add it to their pile of rejects, that is collected every so often by a charitable organization.

heres the info....go and GET A QUOTE from a STORE first and I will assure you, Steven will give you a Better Rate: ( These prices were from a few weeks ago!)

Here are the current rates– which, of course, are dependent on the gold market– the rates I’ve quoted here are VERY conservative as I would rather underpromise and have Steven overdeliver– the actual rates that Steven is paying (as of today, 6/1/11) are a bit higher than those published here.

10K: $500/oz

14K: $700/oz

18K: $900/oz

Again, he has NO OVERHEAD costs so pays out $$$

He will reimburse for your insured shipping — so either include a copy of the receipt or jot down the amount. Include your name, address (if you prefer a check) or PayPal account (if you prefer PayPal) and a way of contacting you– either phone, email or both.

he will take the stones out and mail them back, you dont have too, but he Doesnt Buy Stones

Also, if you’re not happy with the quote for your gold– he will send the items back at his own expense– you are NOT committed to selling your items when you send them in– only once he calls you with an offer and you accept his offer.

if you want his info, PM ME!

I can give you a reference:

http://www.livefabuless.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter