• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW - I just sold my old gold........

Well Fedex just left with my gold. I chose to have a check sent to me. Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbsup2

I just got an email and the money is now in my paypal account. Paypal took out $18 as a fee. I guess it depends on how much you are getting based on what fee they charge. It must be a percent. I wonder if my bank charges anything for a wire. Oh well. Even though it was $18....I still get $589 for Disney World. I am so excited. I honestly thought they were going to tell me like $150. When the guy said $607, I practically fell out of my seat..but remained calm. I will definetly do this again!!! My sister sent in her stuff yesterday so she should hear back this evening.

My sister just got her call....$760. Awesome!! Now we both have some spending $$ and then some for Disney! I did check and Paypal charges a fee of 2.9% of what you are supposed to get..so just keep that in mind. If you dont need the $$ right away and want 100% of it, a check would be better. I know they offer bank transfers..but not sure if banks charge a fee for that. Good luck everyone! :banana:

Thanks gals and guys! I sent in my gold and a little silver to USGB yesterday, I got a call today saying my treasure's were worth $561.11 :cool1:. I would have never done something like this without all success stories from my fellow disser's.

I sent my gold in today as well! Hoping for a $150 and I'll be happy. I sent 3 rings, 3 tie tacks, 2 bracelet and oh yeah....some gold dental work that was my husband's dads...good thing he's not sentimental!:goodvibes

I just sent another shipment and was offered $1038 :banana:
My last shipment brought in $508.
So the $1000 goes towards disney spending for me and my mom:cool1:

Thanks gals and guys! I sent in my gold and a little silver to USGB yesterday, I got a call today saying my treasure's were worth $561.11 :cool1:. I would have never done something like this without all success stories from my fellow disser's.

Is there any different things you have to do with silver? Does it go in the same bag, or seperated? I have both and I thought I read they had different rules for silver, but I could be wrong. I need to get off my butt and actually call. LOL!

Hi! I called and talked to Jose (he is really nice!) just this week and I asked about sending silver---since that is what I have more of---he said that they don't pay for free shipping for silver----only for gold:-( He suggested I send my silver registered mail and that they pay 80% for 999 silver---I told him I have about 3 pounds of 928 silver and he did some calculations and I might just have a few hundred dollars worth of silver! I need to get my act together and send my stuff!

I am very thankful for whoever started this really useful thread!

Is there any different things you have to do with silver? Does it go in the same bag, or seperated? I have both and I thought I read they had different rules for silver, but I could be wrong. I need to get off my butt and actually call. LOL!

I sent everything in one package. I didn't occur that that they would not pay for the silver to be shipped. The person I spoke with never mentioned an additional cost because of it either. Perhaps they gave me break.

I sent everything in one package. I didn't occur that that they would not pay for the silver to be shipped. The person I spoke with never mentioned an additional cost because of it either. Perhaps they gave me break.

Did you seperate them in different baggies or justpile it all in one? I am not sure of some is gold or silver, or neither. LOL!

Did you seperate them in different baggies or justpile it all in one? I am not sure of some is gold or silver, or neither. LOL!

Hello Jen! :) I actually did this about two weeks ago and I put everything in one bag. I also did not know anything different about the silver. I had read silver wasn't paying that much (compared to gold), however I had a few broken pieces so they weren't doing me any good here.

I, like many others, had a great experience and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I had a company check sent to me and the entire process didn't even take a full week.

Hope this helps!
Heather :)

Hello Jen! :) I actually did this about two weeks ago and I put everything in one bag. I also did not know anything different about the silver. I had read silver wasn't paying that much (compared to gold), however I had a few broken pieces so they weren't doing me any good here.

I, like many others, had a great experience and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I had a company check sent to me and the entire process didn't even take a full week.

Hope this helps!
Heather :)

You probably mentioned it already, but how much did you get total, and how much was god and how much silver. I found a bunch more silver the other day. LOL!
I see some people said something about 999 and 928. I have only seen and read about 925 silver. I guess that must be all I have? But looking online I never saw a difference either. Just to look for the 925 marking.

You probably mentioned it already, but how much did you get total, and how much was god and how much silver. I found a bunch more silver the other day. LOL!
I see some people said something about 999 and 928. I have only seen and read about 925 silver. I guess that must be all I have? But looking online I never saw a difference either. Just to look for the 925 marking.

Hi again! I received $114 total but I didn't send too much in. I think I had two gold necklaces, one gold ring and the other small items were the silver ones and I mean sterling silver. You are correct - look for the 925 marked on it! :thumbsup2 I think I had one silver bracelet, one silver charm and one silver ring so not bad in my opinion. I know their prices or values are on their homepage and you can see the big difference on gold versus silver. Still, if you're not doing anything with it, what's the harm right? :)

HTH,
Heather

I placed them in one baggie. I was told some things were not real they asked if I wanted them back or wanted to donate them. I chose to donate them.

Mailed my gold on Friday during the lunch hour, they received it today at 12:32p.m.:banana: Now just waiting for a call. Cross your fingers!:)

Mailed my gold on Saturday afternoon and they received it today at 2:30. I'm crossing my fingers for a great call too!:banana:

Just got the call - we will be receiving a check for $802.40! My husband was amazed, especially since the jewelry had been sitting in a box for years..... I sent in 4 chain necklaces (2 were pretty thick), 3 chain bracelets, 1 solid bangel bracelet, 1 broken charm, and 4 rings (one of the rings contained one of those panda bear coins). I would have never sent the gold by mail if I had not read this thread. Thank you for the great information, it was easy!

I did it!!! I finally did it, I sent my gold today .. Fedex picked it up a hour ago.

I sent in...
1 men class ring
1 ladys class ring
3 small rings
4 ear rings
1 broken necklace
1 gold pin.
1 large wedding band
1 reg wedding band

~Amanda

Sent mine in yesterday- fed ex picked up @ 3 pm. I sent in 15 earrings, 2 thin bracelets, 2 thin chains, 1 child size bangle bracelet, 4 small rings, 6 small charms.

Package recieved at 9:52 am. I just got call and total is $307.97. Very happy with offer and having check mailed to me. I plan on using the money to buy our family a WII.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter