• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow I just lucked out

NYDisGuy

DIS Veteran
So I was planning something at disney for DGF since it is going to be her birthday. So ontop of the 1000 presents she will be getting, I orginally planned the spa package at Grand Floridian but I found out about a wishes/illuminations fireworks cruise last night and reading all the posts it seems you have to call when the reservation first comes out to get it. Well this morning I decided to call and someone just cancelled a min before I called and I was lucky enough to get the last boat for wishes on Aug 30th. I know illuminations is better but to me fireworks are fireworks so this should be a nice suprise.

I did the wishes cruise in September and it's really nice. If you get a nice CM they might take you on a bit of a tour as well. Our driver took us to watch the Water light parade (?I can't think of the proper name at the moment) and on a bit of a tour. It was well worth it and a lot more relaxing watching the fireworks on the water than fighting the crowds in the Magic Kingdom!

CONGRATS!!! wooooooooooooohooooooooooooo! :thumbsup2
You got LUCKY! :shamrock:

And STOP writing things like..."ontop of the 1000 presents" that you got your girlfriend on these boards.....You make the rest of us guys look BAD! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Have a GREAT TIME!!!

Wow you're a great boyfriend! Sounds like she'll have a great b-day! :thumbsup2

That means it was meant to be! That is such a great surprise. I am running out of surprises for my DH so I think I might do that for him.

You can request a birthday boat. The boat will be docorated and you can request a cake from the GF Bakery to be on the boat and a botle of champagne or instead of cake you can have chocolate dipped strawberries. They will have anything on the boat that you want.

My DH is like you. He is very thoughtful and gives me lots of gifts too. When we are at WDW, he goes off on his own for a few hours and comes back with a huge bag of gifts for me. They all have a story as to why he bought them but one in particular that I just love is a diamond tennis bracelet that is all mickey heads. Instead of 1 diamond it has 2 smaller ones on top of each diamond. Sometimes it is nice to get a gift directly from and in WDW as it is a forever keepsake. I'm not telling you what to do, just a woman who really appreciates those kind of things. He also bought me a beautiful snow globe and all he has to do is wind it up and I start to cry. He usually pulls that one out after an arguement and he was wrong...

Thanks for the insight JJ, I hope I get a decent cm, i mean it is her birthday.

Sorry UNC, i guess its one of those things I cant help lol :confused3

Thanks sarehm!

Wow goofie4goofie, I noticed you were from Long Island, I am too! Im down near the moriches area. Its probably something in the water there that makes us buy all these gifts lol The initial plan was to do 1900 park faire that day and get a cake and that res was at 7. But since this boat leaves at 9, and im not a huge boat person to begin with so eating a buffet and jumping on a boat isnt a good idea :sick: but since you told me about how they can deliver the cake to the boat I will do it that way! That tennis bracelet also sounds intresting, ill have to check it out.

Don't worry, there are no waves or wakes. I promise you will not get sick or even know you are on a boat.

NYDisGuy said:
Sorry UNC, i guess its one of those things I cant help lol :confused3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Problem! Just teasing You! BTW I am a former Brooklyn boy, spends alot of Summer time on the North Shore of LI!

Have you tried Peggy's Sweet's. She is a BIGTIME Diser here..Feralpeg!
She makes beautiful Disney themed baskets. Here is her website. Many Many Disers have used her service, including myself. Highly Recommend! :thumbsup2

http://peggyssweetsandmore.com/index.html

Also I see you are kind of new here.... :welcome:

We just did the Wishes Cruise on 6/2. It was great and like another poster our captain gave us a tour of bay lake and we watched the Electric Water Parade before heading over to Seven Seas Lagoon for the fireworks.

Not that it means anything coming from me but I think Wishes is WAY better than Illuminations. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter