Wow! I just had a crafty idea!

CruiseCrazy44

Mouseketeer
I was just reading about how you can bring a pillow case and markers and have all the characters sign and return it when I had a wonderful idea (I hope!). I wonder, if I brought a stack of pre cut fabric squares, if I could get them to sign one name per square and then go home and make a quilt out of it?! Do you think they would do it?

I was just reading about how you can bring a pillow case and markers and have all the characters sign and return it when I had a wonderful idea (I hope!). I wonder, if I brought a stack of pre cut fabric squares, if I could get them to sign one name per square and then go home and make a quilt out of it?! Do you think they would do it?

Couldn't say for sure. But as long as you make the directions clear (one signature per square) I don't see that it would be a problem. Hopefully, none of the individual square get lost in the process.

I LOVE this idea! I had my family members make squares with their handprints when my daughter was born, so this would be a nice addition. Thanks so much for sharing!

If you don't mind a suggestion, making a chalk mark or pencil mark (something removable or light) around the square might keep them from signing where you would stitch. Some of my family have huge hands that got cut off! :rotfl:

We did this for a WDW trip. It was a bit of a challenge to get characters to sign with my two kids. Poor DH was my assembler when we had more than one character at a time. I made a frame out of cardboard that covered up my seam allowances - didn't want them to sign where I was going to sew. I placed a solid piece of cardboard on a clipboard, placed the fabric square on top, then placed the frame on top of that. I also had to hold the clipboard and fabric taut because it would easily get all loosey goosey. I don't know how diligent the CMs would be doing that all behind the scenes.... Good luck if you decide to do it!!

It's def. worth a try. I left per-cut scrapbook squares for the to sign that I could put in my scrapbook next to photos of the characters and me. I penciled in who I wanted on each square. They did it no problem! I left a bag of snacks as an encouragement :). I would staple a sticky note to each square to say who you want on it and sketch outline border with note explaining like PP said.
Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter