Wow! Girl costumes at Disney Direct for $14.15 each!!!

Is is even showing up as an option under apply discounts? It wouldn't work earlier for that. You can only use costumes10 or the visa code now. They fixed the programs so it stopped stacking codes Sunday afternoon.

It says "Payment with a valid Disney's Visa Card® is required for this promotion." and under status says "inactive". However, I thought since in the next screen I put in my Disney Visa number, it would become active? Not sure. I'll try it later and see - just curious what others experience was.

OT I was enjoying reading and looking at all your pricesses, however we only have a DS. There are not very many Boy costumes. Does anyone know where to find some others. Maybe there are more in the store. I saw Mr. Incredible in there the other day. Also, the Maggie Driver costume from herbie. My DS saw it and wants it because he has seen the origional Herbies and that is Max costume. But it says it is a girl costume. He is only 3 and does not know the difference. But I don't feel like I should let him get that as his halloween costume since it is a "girl" costume.

momofmikey said:
It says "Payment with a valid Disney's Visa Card® is required for this promotion." and under status says "inactive". However, I thought since in the next screen I put in my Disney Visa number, it would become active? Not sure. I'll try it later and see - just curious what others experience was.

you have to "deactivate" the costumes coupon in order for the Visa one to be applied--at least that's been my experience with the codes.

momofmikey said:

Sorry, but it wont go thru when you put your order thru. That's what happened to me the other night. They fixed the glitch that was letting more than one code be applied to an order. When I hit enter it took my payment but didn't take the extra $10 off. It's a better deal to use the costumes10 code though.

triplefigs said:
There is also a Visa 10% discount you can stack which is VISASCHOOL0510.

I am guessing that the extra 10% is because you are a "BEST GUEST" meaning you have spent $500 in the past 12 months or $1000 lifetime. There is a link at the bottom of the site. Once you are a "BEST GUEST" you get 10% off all purchases. The VISASCHOOL is $10 not a %.

BTW thanks for the tip, my DD will get double use out of her Cindy costume on Halloween and our December trip.

mcbj said:
I am guessing that the extra 10% is because you are a "BEST GUEST" meaning you have spent $500 in the past 12 months or $1000 lifetime. There is a link at the bottom of the site. Once you are a "BEST GUEST" you get 10% off all purchases. The VISASCHOOL is $10 not a %.

BTW thanks for the tip, my DD will get double use out of her Cindy costume on Halloween and our December trip.

Yikes! :earseek: $500 in 12 months, but I'm sure I have with triplets who are as big of Disney fans as their Mom! Just don't let my DH see that! :rotfl: I wondered how I got that extra 10%~ thanks for the clarification! I edited my OP.

And my DD is going to wear a costume per day on our trip in December. princess: At least the weather won't be sweltering!:sunny:

I ordered on Tuesday morning and tried to use the Visa in addition to the 10%. I thought it would work since it acknowledged the code but as a previous post stated it was marked "inactive". It did not deduct the $10 after I put in the Visa #. I emailed Disney and was advised that you could only have one code and since the $10 was more than 10% of my order that I would have had to cancel the 10% code - in other words "too bad".

How are you all getting the 20% discount for buying 3 costumes/accessories? I have more than 3 in my cart but am only getting the $10 off the dresses. Is that expired?

From what other people were posting, it sounds like there was a "glitch in the matrix". Evidently you are ordinarily not allowed to stack multiple discounts on orders, but Disney's computer was allowing people to do so this weekend. I think the glitch is fixed now, and you can only have one discount per order.

That's my understanding of it. I must admit I didn't know I was "getting away with anything" when I ordered on Friday. I guess I just got lucky.

Tammi67 said:
How are you all getting the 20% discount for buying 3 costumes/accessories? I have more than 3 in my cart but am only getting the $10 off the dresses. Is that expired?

When the discount was active it would automatically show up in your cart. It must have expired. :( I tried it out with 3 costumes & 1 costume with 2 accessories. I guess that it is time for the next sale.

Our costumes came today! :)

I'm very pleased with the way the Cinderella dress looks and is made. I think it is nicer than the choices at Wal-Mart or Target. I opted not to get shoes, I'll check the Disney Store for those (or get some flat jelly sandals, easier for walking).

The Tinkerbell costume? Not sure about it, yet. I'll have to exchange it for a larger size, for sure, and I'm afraid that the larger size will be too big and won't look right. The shoes run SMALL. The wings are adorable--but might be a smidge on the wide side. I'll have to consider that for MNSSHP (which is what I bought the Tink costume for)

All in all, a nice deal for the price, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter