WOW! Fantasyland Renovation

Removal of Aladdin's Carpets in Adventureland!!!! NOOOOO!!! My DD would be heartbroken!!!! Aladdin is one of her absolute favorite movies and she loves that ride!!!

At the moment, this is nothing more than an interesting internet rumor. So I've moved this thread to the Rumors and News board. :)

Wow!! I'd always thought Fantasyland needed an overhaul. During Peak season it is impossible to move in there.

i'm skeptical this is real...
I don't see Peter Pan, Philharmonic or Small World on there anymore (maybe I'm missing it but it's hard to read) and I highly doubt those will removed for resturant.
And your tearing out everything except Carosuel Snow white and Pooh rides.
Then completely changing everything else.

Plus I don't see a way to get from Liberty Square to Fantasyland.
I doubt they would create dead ends and kill the spoke and wheel format they created for the park.
And force all traffic to go THROUGH the castle to continue on. (talk about traffic jams.)

there have been FL rehab rumors going on for a while now, but this is the first map i've seen of this and it looks great!!! Hopefully this comes true and maybe we'll here some word from the people at Disney around the D23 expo.

I don't see Peter Pan, Philharmonic or Small World on there anymore (maybe I'm missing it but it's hard to read) and I highly doubt those will removed for resturant.

I doubt they would create dead ends and kill the spoke and wheel format they created for the park.
And force all traffic to go THROUGH the castle to continue on. (talk about traffic jams.)

They only show the part they are expanding on. They aren't expanding on the pan/IASM side of fantasy land so the map didn't need to go over there. The only thing from there being moved is Dumbo, which has been rumored for a while now. It very well may not be true and until we get confirmation is just a rumor, but it is still fun to think about and a FL rehab has been talked about for a while.

Sorry- I thought I might have posted it in the wrong section.....that's a newbie for you.

It looks to me that this is taking over Toon Town mostly. I'm trying to remember exactly where everything is. Wouldn't Peter Pan, Mickey's Phil, etc be off the view of this print? I'm sure they wouldnt rip those out.

i'm sorry but i don't know if i'm the only one...but I don't want all this non sense.
classic MK all the way, thank you very much.

Just by looking at the map you can tell this is bogus. It basically turns FL into one big Princess and fairy area. No classic chars, no boyish figures. I don't see that happening, it would be suicide.

Just by looking at the map you can tell this is bogus. It basically turns FL into one big Princess and fairy area. No classic chars, no boyish figures. I don't see that happening, it would be suicide.

There is plenty of boy stuff in several of the other lands. These rumored changes don't do away with any of the traditional Fantasyland attractions, and return some previously used land back to visitors of the park. The additions also appear to make quite minimal changes to Fantasyland anyhow, and generally fill the area previously used for a closed ride, back stage, and ToonTown. What do you have now:

Dumbo (included in the new plan x2)
Carousel (unchanged)
Snow White's Scary Adventures (looks unchanged)
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (ride unchanged, additional area could represent the playground hollow)
Tea Cups (unchanged)
Barnstormer (unchanged)
ToonTown (apparently replaced by Dumbo move)
Big Empty Space that Used to be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (replaced by several infinitely more desirable new attractions, which address currently popular trends, albeit with a focus on young women (princesses) and, if done in the spirit of this one blueprint, could still prove quite interesting for the whole family)

If there's any reason to believe it might be bogus, it would be because it might be TOO ambitious.

Regards,

i'm sorry but i don't know if i'm the only one...but I don't want all this non sense.
classic MK all the way, thank you very much.

You would have to define the term "Classic" as it applies in this situation.

All of the Disney parks have always been a work-in-progress. Attractions like Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic and all of Toontown were added years after the park first opened. In fact, Space Mountain, BTMR, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean were all additions from the late-70s and 80s.

I see no reason why a Little Mermaid attraction should immediately be branded "non-classic."

IMHO, this is the type of bold thinking that has been missing from WDW. As someone who visits the parks 1-2 times per year, I'm growing frustrated with the recent lack of enhancements. While I may not add every one of these new attractions to my must-do list, it would be naive to think that every construction project holds the same value for every single park guest.

Toontown is OK...the first three or four times you walk thru there. But after multiple trips to WDW one can only conclude that it's a waste of space. It has one attraction (Barnstormer), two walk-thru houses and a lot of other useless junk. Yes, it's nicely-themed but there's no reason Disney can't develop similarly-nice theming for TT's replacement. And it appears the attraction isn't going anywhere. Net loss is two walk-thru exhibits. Toontown was never supposed to be a permanent addition in the first place. Good riddance.

This plan does confirm a lot of little rumor fragments that have been floating around in recent months (Dumbo being relocated, Aladdin's carpets being relocated, Little Mermaid clone in Florida, etc.) Heck, there's a rumor thread in here somewhere from about 2 years ago claiming that Fantasyland would expand into Toontown.

While this exact plan may not get the final green light, it's fun to see some of the ideas that are being thrown about.

This is only showing half of fantasyland... The other side isn't on the map...

Heres the skinny on the new fantasyland expansion project. I found out some details on this a few months back but now they seem confirmed. The area will be partially closed off to make the area where Dumbo is now over to the Snow white ride be a "Inside the castle courtyard" this will strech all the way to past Peter Pan and Small World. "Outside the Ctyard will be more fantasy / village like with streams and trees mixed with several permanant Meet and greets.....Aurora/Belle and Beast / Cindyand Ariel...."Snow will be in the area now known as Snow whites Grotto with the wishing well out front Castle" Tiana from Frog Princess will be in area that was old skyway ( will get a small Neworleans facelift).....There will be a Pixie Hollow area for tink like Disneyland but including a water play area.....The Toontown Fair tent is history and alas so are minnie and mickeys homes.....A Double Dumbo ride will be built to handle crowds that will be themed to the Circus as the Toontown train stop will get a Circus makeover as well...Barnstormer will remain as is....The Main attractions will be the new Little Mirmade attraction...A tad scaled down version of the Monster E ticket that DCA is getting (Think to WDW Pirates), The unknown gem of the area will be the Be Our Guest Resturant featuring a animatronic show with spinning plates bouncing napkins and singing candelabara (Think super Chucky Cheese with French Provential themeing)...Gastons Tavern next door will feture Rootbeer and lots of Antlers...a small in scope stage show will be fetureds at gastons several times daily..

There is also a refacade of the other half of fantsyland "Inside the castle walls" themed to the castle interior........

ALL IN ALL IT IS WHAT IS NEEDED AS the MAGIC KINGDOM has been neglected for years with no major upgrades since Splash Mt (unless you want to count Stiches Encounter......I dont)

I'm definitely not buying this until Disney itself releases a press report. Why mess with a proven land? Magic Kingdom, i think is the most popular park in the world! Why not change up the other parks? This move would just frustrate me because it postpones changes to the other parks.

I think it looks like it would be a wonderful addition to MK.

Is it only me or does anybody else think the map is confusing? I can't find where anything is! I'm lost.

It is a little confusing because so much is new or switched around. Finding the attractions that exist today helped me. Look in the center bottom to find the Tea Cups. Goofy's Barnstormer is all the way to the right, center. Directly to the left of the Tea Cups is the Winnie the Pooh ride. To the left of Pooh is Snow White. To the left of Snow White is the Carrousel. Next to the Carrousel (center far left of the map) is Pinochio's Village Haus restaurant. I hope that helped.

While I agree that MK could use some freshening, and while I also feel that the area vacated by 20k Leagues could use something, I certainly hope this plan does not come to fruition. I'd rather see Toontown expanded versus adding more Princess stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter