Wow, current WWoHP wait times!

sz9144

DIS Veteran
Checked on iPad current wait times, shows forbidden journey as 75 min and pteranodon flyers as 50 minutes! Oh lord, if the crowds haven't really started yet I'm doomed for my Xmas week trip! And forecast shows rain to boot!

Forbidden journey and Pteranodon flyers ALWAYS have longer waits..FJ is the newest,most popular attraction in Florida and people travel to IOA just to ride it.As for Pteranodon flyers, it has a small ride capacity and hourly capacity output( think like Dumbo as far as waits etc ,only a different ride system) so it tends to also have a long wait all the time.The fact that you can't ride it unless you are accompanied by a child hasn't dampered the wait times for it.As for Christmas week, it is going to be packed.Any themepark in Fl is packed that week.I fully expect WWoHP to be using their time-stamped return ticket process.

Checked on iPad current wait times, shows forbidden journey as 75 min and pteranodon flyers as 50 minutes! Oh lord, if the crowds haven't really started yet I'm doomed for my Xmas week trip! And forecast shows rain to boot!
Don't worry about the forecast...anything outside of 24 hours is not to be trusted. Crowds? Christmas week is the busiest week of the year and all local parks will be jammed so make you sure pack your patience...you're gonna need it.

If long wait times = doom, your Xmas week trip was doomed the moment you picked it. See above.

nytimez is correct--there are very long waits during Christmas week.

They were 60+ and 45+ minutes (respectively) at times when I was there in October, one of the slowest months of the year. Those times do not seem that bad at all, for one of the busiest weeks of the year. I've heard they can go to 120 minutes or more, when the park is very crowded.

Don't worry too much about the rain . . . the weather seems to change pretty quickly down there, sometimes you just get a nice steady rain for about 45 minutes, and then it is beautiful for the rest of the day. Because of the climate, the extended forecast often calls for a chance of rain almost every single day, and then they change it to no rain the day before or that morning.

Are you staying on site? The express pass will help with the crowds. -of course it wont help with FJ and TFlyers since they don't use express pass. But, you are looking at THE most popular ride in either park (FJ) and a ride that loads very, very slowly (TF is a young childs ride, you have to be riding with a child or shorter than 54 inches, I think it's 54", to ride -that helps with the crowd).

I'm sure you'll have a great trip. Just count on heavy crowds and don't worry about the weather. Florida weather changes hourly it seems instead of daily.:)

FWIW, was VERY crowded in IoA yesterday. 50-minute wait for Hippogriff even, the Grinchmas performance we saw was at capacity. US was busy, but did not seem as bad.

Keep in mind, a lot of FL schools are out this week already, not sure about the rest of the country. Maybe that will split the crowds a bit between the two weeks, although next week is always the busiest of the year.

I worried about the rainy forecast when we went in October. They were saying 80% chance the day before we went! Well, it barely sprinkled, and the forecast kept the crowds away! It was an incredible day!! Being at WWoHP on a
rainy-looking day was a perfect setting, too!

Just to put things in perspective these were for yesterday... 90 minutes for HP&FJ, 40 minutes for Jaws, 60 minutes for Simpsons, 25 minutes for DDFF. :(

We just got back--crowds arrived Saturday--express pass and early entry were a HUGE help. Crowds were heavier yesterday than SAturday and my brother and his family stayed today and said it was Super busy--more so than yesterday.

We walked on Forbidden Journey on Saturday, but had to wait about 1 1/2 hours last night for it. Very busy Universal parks, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney.

We stayed at RPR and took advantage of the early admission yesterday. We were at the IOA entry gate at 7:00 and went directly to Harry Potter. The sign said 45 minutes but the wait was only aboutt 20 minutes. By the time we finished the ride the wait time was up to 60 minutes and the park hadn't even opened to offsite guests. The best way to avoid waiting for hours is to stay onsite and take advantage oc early admission.

Just got back from IOA and at 9:30 this morning the wait for forbidden journey was 2 hours.

Went yesterday and hit some of these times: fj was 75 mins, mib was 60 mins, simpsons was 60 mins and jaws was 45 mins, mummy 45 mins, rip ride rock-it 45-60 mins. They stopped taking express on FJ or rip ride rock-it a few times throughout the day as well

Went yesterday and hit some of these times: fj was 75 mins, mib was 60 mins, simpsons was 60 mins and jaws was 45 mins, mummy 45 mins, rip ride rock-it 45-60 mins. They stopped taking express on FJ or rip ride rock-it a few times throughout the day as well

I'm assuming you mean single-riders--neither of these attractions honor Express.

FJ and RRR don't off express at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter