Wow, Craigslist hoax

Wow, someone sure pulled a sick prank on that guy. I wonder if he's been feuding with any of his neighbors?

It could have been a friendly prank. People I worked with used to do it all the time, which is why I have a hard time believing some of the things that show up on Craigslist. I've never seen one go this far though.

Poor guy.

It could have been a friendly prank. People I worked with used to do it all the time, which is why I have a hard time believing some of the things that show up on Craigslist.

WHAT? I hope they were arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows. that certainly is not a friendly prank.

That is horrible. I can't imagine anyone who would think it was legal to just enter a strangers property and just take things, without the consent of an actual person, based on what is written in an ad. That is theft, I don't care what they say. I hope they are all prosecuted.

WHAT? I hope they were arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows. that certainly is not a friendly prank.

Not to this extent. Little things. For instance, someone put a co-workers car up on Craigslist but sent him the link. I'm not saying it's right, but people do strange things as pranks. Someone else put up and ad that they were looking for a roomate (which they weren't). I don't regard this type of joke a criminal offense. What did happen to this poor man was very unkind and I'm almost hoping it was a prank and not a downright mean incident.

I knew of another situation (not on Craigslist) where someone owned a boat store. One of the owners friends put a sign out front that said "free boats." While people didn't find it amusing when they showed up for their "free boat," most could understand the joke (even the owner).

People do VERY odd things.

The last line summed it up... Meanwhile, Salisbury could not even relax on his porch swing.

Someone took it.

Idiots thinking that was true. Can you imagine returning home and seeing people drive off with your stuff? He may be out of luck with the stuff already gone except for the ones he has license plate numbers for.

The guy was a contractor. It made me wonder if, perhaps HE ripped off a customer and this was the customer's way of paying him back.

I've heard of things like this before....Shoddy construction work where you can't get the contractor back out to do repairs.

Maybe someone figured 'payback's a bi..."! Hmmm, perhaps this guy knows exactly who placed the ad ;)

I knew this sounded familiar- so a quick google search:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003652872_webhouse05m.html

People are not right in the head.:sad2:

I wonder how the people got into his house? Even if I read the ad and was foolish enough to believe it, when I got to the locked house I would have to rethink things. Of course only the earliest looters would have this problem, but who was the donkey who broke in?

Such Internet generated "swarming" isn't limited to just this sort of thing. In the UK there's been problems with teen-age parties getting broadcast on the Internet via social networking sites with disastrous results for the teen's family. Here's an example: Video Link

There are even "gangs" of teens in the UK that look for such opportunities on-line and then broadcasts details to other members when one is found and the rush is on!

Wow. That's an awful thing to do to someone. People think of new and creative ways to be cruel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter