WOW! Back from 3-days-did it all and then some

kappygolucky

Earning My Ears
:hippie:
What a fantastic time!
Without the DID boards- we would have been behind and late for almost everything.

We did not stay in Disney-but across the street at the Carousel Inn which provided everything for the Grandmother, Daughter, and 6yr. Grandaughter.

A hop, skip and a jump from McD's and a hop, skip, and 2 jumps from the main gate of DL and DCA.

We saw Aladdin and paid for the premium seat for Fantasmic(which was totally awesome)

We took the tips we found here for musical chairs, piloting the riverboat, and all the secret passages.

DGD loved the princess breakfast, Ariel's ride, Gadget's go-go coaster, and Soarin. Grandmother, thought Soarin was the best ride ever.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU DIS BOARDS, WE COULDM'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU !!!!!AND I have a bag full of DL maps should anyone need one. I coveted one before we left and brought home some for those first timers who need to have one in hand (like me) before they hit the ground running.

It was a blast- and we made memories to last a life time.

It sounds wonderful.

I haven't seen anything about secret passages. I must've missed those in my research. What are those?

Thanks in advance - we'll be there on Tuesday. :woohoo:

the 3 entrances to the castle

how to get through frontierland and beat the crowds to NOS

the secret bathroom behind the mad hatter

it helps to know all you can before hand

I studied the maps like a fiend

Have a great time

Good luck avoiding the stroller brigades

So glad you had a great time! I am headed to DL for the first time over Labor day so I am glad to hear that you got everything done and then some.

I would also LOVE a map if you could send me one. I obsess about maps and the ones online aren't great. My DD is also a big map fan and she will be going with me as a birthday surprise - I am sure she would pour over it on the plane :cloud9:

Oh yay! We will be staying at the Carousel in less than a week! :) Glad to hear you enjoyed it!!!

At the Refreshment corner on Main Street
Most any day about 2:30 with Alice and the Mad Hatter
Get there early if you want a chance to participate

It was crazy fun

Aren't people so nice and helpful here!?

Glad you had such a great time!!

Never did musical chairs before. Thanks for the info about that. :)

I am a bit skeptical when some one says they did it all and then some. It usually turns out to be that the did what they set out to do, if they did more power to them. We tried a couple of times but could not get it done.

Jack

Yes Jack,it is too true
Not ALL- but more than all we set out to do-
We had a 6 yr. old who could really move it when she needed to
and really wait the lines
We had a FP runner and we actually got on many rides we didin't expect to during the parade and fireworks
We did several of the favorites many times and saw all the princesses which was a bonus.
We were the first to see Tinnker Bell and got a special time with Rapunzel
We used all the hints here- many of which I would guess were yours and we did not need to supply ourselves with tons of food and water
The days were overcast and cool which made the time pleasnat and we are from the East which helped with the early mornings.
As I said before we could never had done so well without you long timers and frequent flyers on these boards....we really really appreciate your care to detail

Thanks - sounds like a great time to relax, get something cool to drink and have a good time!

So glad you had a great time. DL is the best.

As an aside, I know someone that hosts a show about quilting called "Quilty." Have you seen it?

Rob

Yes Jack,it is too true
We had a FP runner and we actually got on many rides we didin't expect to during the parade and fireworks
We did several of the favorites many times and saw all the princesses which was a bonus.
We used all the hints here- many of which I would guess were yours and we did not need to supply ourselves with tons of food and water
The days were overcast and cool which made the time pleasnat and we are from the East which helped with the early mornings.
As I said before we could never had done so well without you long timers and frequent flyers on these boards....we really really appreciate your care to detail

Glad you had a fantastic trip.

Jack

Yes Jack,it is too true

What you say here is all too true. Make your plan and then work to the plan (with a little flexibility of course). We see people every time we go just wondering around aimlessly trying to figure out which ride to go on next and how to get there only to be disappointed when they arrive and look at the long line.

I know some people feel that doing too much planning takes the fun and surprise out of things, but in the case of a DL trip, nothing could be further from the truth. There is plenty of magic even for those who visit regularly. My DD just spent 16 hours in both parks yesterday and while she has been many times, she described it as AWESOME. Point being, knowing what to expect is helpful and doesn't ruin the surprise but rather really helps get more out of the trip ... and reduces stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter