Wouldyou ride Everest 7wks pregnant?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
Please no flames to me as I am just asking this question. We just found out I am pregnant :cool1: and we are leaving for Disney in 28 days. I have never been on Everest so I have no idea what it is like but I know reviews claim it is much calmer than they thought. I plan on skipping Mission Space, RnRC, and TOT. I don't usually do the jerky rides anyway like Star Wars and such so that isn't an issue. My OB told me before 10wks, not much externally will cause MC and thought most Disney rides were fine to go on at this point - she has never been on Everest though. I remember with DD, I didn't know I was pg this early and I was at Univeral going on Hulk, Fire and Ice etc.... Woops :guilty: but she was fine and so was my pregnancy.

So who has been on Everest here - what is your opinion??

If your comparing it to Fire and Ice and Hulk...then its calmer...It still has force and is a lot stronger then space mountain...a bit like rocking roller coaster but with longer pressure.....but only you can decide if you want that risk..

I haven't been on Everest, so can't comment on that - but congrats on your pregnancy!!! :goodvibes

My dr. told me that it would be no problem. Seriously. EE is very smooth. I had several miscarriages before my ds5 and was asking my dr every question of why I was miscarrying and it ended up being b/c I was on depo provera (birth control shot) for so long before tring to start trying for a baby. He said that early in pregnancy most people don't even know they're pregnant and there is nothing you can do to hurt that baby... it is so tiny and very well protected. My sister was about 4 months and we were at Cedar Point riding every coaster in the park...I can't say I would have done that...but my nephew is just fine ;) . I had my first ultra sound w/ds5 at 7 weeks :)!!! I knew the very moment I was expecting him :)!!! I love EE and you'll be ok. I'd ask your Dr...and I'm sure they'll say its no problem!

ObsessedwithWDW said:
I wouldn't take a chance :sad2:

I agree. Even if the odds of something bad happening are slim, God forbid something DID happen you would spend the rest of your life wondering if it was the ride that did it, kwim?

If your OB said it's fine - it should be fine. They know the development stages and what would effect your baby at any stage of your pregnancy. That's why they go to school for so long!

Congratulations!!! :)

I would check it out then make an informed decision while i was there!

I personally wouldnt ride it while pregnant but every body is diffrent so is every pregnancy! I know alot of the rides have signs saying not to ride while pregnant!

Amy

I have been on it and would not do it. For some reason the bar jerks against your abdomen at the end of the ride before you get off. In fact, my husband complained about how hard it hit him, and he loves all rides.

Not a chance - there aren't enough mops in Disney to clean up after my morning sickness; let alone after Expedition Everest!!!

I would... BUT

I am one of those dopes who doesnt realize she is pregnant till real late (12 or so weeks along) and usually I got pregnant while at disney and returned to do all the herky jerky rides just before getting that positive pregnancy test.

Personally I think it takes a roller coaster to make my pregnancy stick

I did unknowlingly ride mission space at around 7 weeks preg with my youngest child. he is a year now and doesnt talk because i think he is still dizzy from the ride.

I dont know if I would do it knowingly or not... not being in your shoes makes a difference. you know your body you know how well or unwell you carry babies to term you know how high risk you are. I do know that the safest place for a baby is in your bellyand your doc would always error on the side of caution.

I rode EE in March. I would not ride it if I was pregnant.

Personally, I would not want to take the chance. You may ride and be fine, my might skip it and still MC -- you never know. But I would not want to ride it and then MC, because you will always wonder if the ride caused it.

Years ago with my first dd who is now 22 I did go to a local theme park and rode all of the coasters - I was 8 weeks along. A few days later I started spotting. Obviously I didn't lose her but I had to be careful for a while afterwards. I went to FL (not Disney) with my brother a few weeks later and the doctor told me that I had to get out of the car and stretch for 30 minutes atleast every 2 hours. I did go to a waterpark while there and went on the speed slide. Guess I was just lucky.

My next pregnancy was 16 years later. I was oh so careful and ended up losing that child anyway. A year later I was blessed with my beautiful little boy who just turned 5 years old. Two years later I was expecting again. Well past the point of where most MC's happen, I started bleeding. My baby girl had died at 22 weeks gestation. 11 months later I again gave birth to a beautiful little girl who is now 2.5.

The ride will still be there the next time you go.

Personally, I agree w/your doctor. I very highly doubt a roller coaster could cause the miscarriage of a healthy baby.

That said you need to know if you would blame yourself (and your choice to ride) if something WERE to happen (god forbid).

If you would look at it like any miscarriage (a sad thing, but something that was going to happen no matter how careful or perfect you tried to be) or if you would feel guilty for doing things that you weren't 'supposed' to do.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and enjoy your trip, whatever you decide! :cheer2:

Personally, I wouldn't but I always had such terrible morning sickness that the monorail would make me sick.

I just rode it a few weeks ago and nope I wouldn't ride it pregnant. No way no how. When you are going backwards there is a strong force against you- too risky imho. Why take the chance? To ride a ride? I wouldn't. It is a smooth ride but there is the force of the backwards fall and then the one big drop- It was described to us as Big thunder on Steroids and I would say it is worse than that. Not scary in an upside down sense but quite a bit of force against your body. I wouldn't chance it but that is me-

please dont...it's not a good idea. You dont know if this pregnancy is risky because it's still too early to see on ultrasound (like placenta previa to name one) which would surely compromise the baby's health. After the baby's born you can baby-swap on the adult rides, they'll still be there. I've been to Disney during a couple pregnancies and still had fun! Dont go on anything with speed or g-force. Also check with your OB to see what you can or cant do. Being pregnant is such a blessing...we are all happy for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter