• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wouldn't it be cool if they had all Disney movies 'on demand' in your room!

magicalmickey

Mouseketeer
It would be so neat if you could order any Disney movie ever made off your tv in your room (even Wonderful World of Disney movies)! I wonder if Walt Disney World would ever offer them in sort of an 'on demand' format. Surely it would be profitable for them?

This trip I'm taking a DVD player and a bunch of Disney movies to play in the room. So I'll really be totally immersed in the world. LOL! Here is a list of the Disney movies were bringing.

Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Song of the South
The Ugly Dachsund
So Dear to My Heart
Little Dog Lost
Stub, Best Cowdog in the West
Atta Girl Kelly!
The Incredible Journey
Hans Brinker
Winnie the Pooh
The Three Caballeros
Melody Time
Fun and Fancy Free (with Charlie and Mortimer!)

It would be so neat if you could order any Disney movie ever made off your tv in your room (even Wonderful World of Disney movies)! I wonder if Walt Disney World would ever offer them in sort of an 'on demand' format. Surely it would be profitable for them?

This trip I'm taking a DVD player and a bunch of Disney movies to play in the room. So I'll really be totally immersed in the world. LOL! Here is a list of the Disney movies were bringing.

Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Song of the South
The Ugly Dachsund
So Dear to My Heart
Little Dog Lost
Stub, Best Cowdog in the West
Atta Girl Kelly!
The Incredible Journey
Hans Brinker
Winnie the Pooh
The Three Caballeros
Melody Time
Fun and Fancy Free (with Charlie and Mortimer!)

It's certainly possible, but they want you out of your room and spending money on property so I imagine installing something that would give people more reason to stay in their rooms would be unlikely. FWIW, Disney Cruise Line's newest ship, the Disney Dream, has free on-demand Disney movies available in your cabin.

I thought this too....my daughter was sick last year for one whole day of our trip it was aweful! She was 2 almost 3 and there was nothing age appropiate on any of the chanels...it was so so so sad!

I think they should have at least 1 disney movie avalible each day to watch OD.

It's certainly possible, but they want you out of your room and spending money on property so I imagine installing something that would give people more reason to stay in their rooms would be unlikely. FWIW, Disney Cruise Line's newest ship, the Disney Dream, has free on-demand Disney movies available in your cabin.

Yeah, I can see that point. But I know that when we're there we won't spend valuable theme park time staying in the room watching the movies we bring. We really just watch them while getting ready in the morning and after we come in from the parks at night (before bed). I just can't imagine that most people would sacrifice park time for staying in the room. And Disney could charge a reasonable fee for the programs. Logistics-wise, most people already have their park tickets and they have to pay for the room anyway, and they'll eat in the parks. So I don't really see how they'd lose money on it, unless they have high programming or operational type costs.
So hello Disney!! Here's one of my marketing ideas! LOL!

I wish Disney had On Demand,period. We were stuck in our room with a sleeping toddler and the TV there sucks. Thankfully we loaded up our iPad with rentals before we left home.

No WiFi (paid or otherwise) and no pay movies or on demand. :mad:

Sick kids and sleeping toddlers aside, Disney wants us out of our rooms spending money, not inside our rooms watching TV.

I'm sure eventually we'll all be able to access every disney movie ever made from our iPad 5's

No WiFi (paid or otherwise) and no pay movies or on demand.
20.creation.jpg

The tv in the rooms is so bad. DH always complains that they used to play classic Mickey cartoons (obviously, this occurred before my time visiting the world). Last trip we went during a tropic storm and I had a cold, so we spent a day in the room. If I had to see what's her face do the things to do around the world one more time......

I wish Disney had On Demand,period. We were stuck in our room with a sleeping toddler and the TV there sucks. Thankfully we loaded up our iPad with rentals before we left home.

No WiFi (paid or otherwise) and no pay movies or on demand. :mad:

Ditto!! I usually end up streaming shows of Netflix while I am there.

That's what I miss about the cruise line; I did the land/sea package a few years in a row. They had one channel that ran Disney movies on the even numbered hours and one on the odd numbered hours.

I loved watching them, especially really late at night.

I thought about this too! My last trip to WDW I was horrifically sick and bed-ridden for a day. I have a bad stomach, so it comes and goes like lightning, and even though it was just a day, it STUNK! But I was totally wishing I could get some Disney movies as I was tired of Florida daytime hotel television and Stacy was not doing anything to help matters! Even the DBF was ready to scream after a few viewings of that! Next trip I'll be prepared with an iPad though!

It would indeed be very cool.. but this is EXTREMELY unlikely because:

- the hardware/installation cost could not be recovered
- if you're in the room watching movies, you're not out spending money in the parks

:|

In answer to the "Wouldn't it be cool if they had all Disney movies 'on demand' in your room" -- I vote ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!! and we said nearly these exact same words last month when we were at WL.

I realize that if you're in your room, you're not out spending money in the parks, however there are times when the parks are closed and nothing else is open, either, and maybe you're not asleep. Say you went to DAK all day, had dinner, and now it's too late to go anywhere else for more than maybe an hour, so you're in your room and you'd really really like something to watch on tv. But there's utterly nothing on tv in WDW resort rooms. And you'd be happy to give Disney another $5 to see a good movie. You mean they wouldn't like the $5 times the hundreds of people who'd spend it?

Before WDW had free wifi in the deluxe resorts, I'm sure people thought "why should Disney give you free wifi when they want you out of your room and in the parks spending money?" but now they have the wifi, so apparently they figured out that the time people spend on their computers is not time they would spend in the parks, giving Disney more $, etc. I think the same is true of time one would spend watching an on-demand movie. It's not like you'd chose that over spending time in a park or doing other activities. It's something you'd do in your room when you were too tired or sick or burnt out to do anything else.

I think my 2 cents turned into 27 cents! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter