Would you want to know if your 13 or 14 y.o. DD was giving her underwear to boys?

LOL I read the orignal post, describing the thong..LOL I've got a turqoise blue one on the SAME EXACT....the girl got it at Wal-mart, it's not an elaborate thong by any means....they had all different colors.

Now, a few things...yes, I'd wonder WHY he has them/kept them..and I'd wonder whose they were and why she gave them....I wouldnt push too hard to get these answers though...trivial I guess.

Now, having 2 DD's and being a 'young' mom myself..wasnt that long ago that I was in highschool...I can see them wanting to wear thongs as they get older. Middle School age, 7-8th grade I'd say...I'l be okay with it, and will purchase them for DD's....I have worn thongs, and ONLY thongs, since I was 15. Thats 13 years of thong use with no U or V problems as posted....heaven for bid, I've also only used Tampons (cept for after c-birth) and haven't ever had TSS....(old school hysteria over new things I presume as my mom still thinks 1 tampon, and your gonna die)...

Anyway- having said that. I only wear low-rise jeans, and I dont think anyone has ever seen my thongs. With a few pair of shorts, you can if I bend over...but I dont bend over that way...

I have a DNephew that I adore, he's 14...last fall he got a girlfriend...she's a freshman- and 15...I saw them at a pee wee football game...HOLY thong! I was absolutly disgusted...DMIL almost fell over...she said to me "those underwear are gross, everyone can see them" and I said...DMIL I've worn a thong every time you've ever seen me, and you never knew it."....LOL the look- PRICELESS!!

It's not the thong thats the bad thing...it's the lack of respect for oneself when they allow people to see their darn underwear..but I digress- watch MTV or VH1...everyone's showin them!

Brandy

Did you watch Oprah today? It was all about the new teen
sexuality. Kids are doing things we would never dreamed of
doing. I would definitely not assume the thong was a gag gift.
I'd lay the law down to my DS if I found one in his drawer and
make sure he was clear about respecting women, not allowing
a woman to give of herself to him and respecting himself.
Girls are willing to do almost anything for acceptance and fitting
in. Boys think it's ok and no big deal because it's the norm.
Be really careful to make it absolutely clear to your children
what the costs and risks are.
I drive a school bus into an affluent, "good neighborhood"
highschool. Girls of all shapes and sizes are wearing thongs.
It's way to obvious.

Originally posted by BHFan25
Or perhaps his mother's?!! :eek: :teeth: Hey, Blondie, are you missing your hot pink thong??;)

LOL! My DH wishes!

Sorry, I'm at an age now where it's all about comfort! Calvin Klein or Hanes Her Way hi-cut regular underwear, thank you very much!

Originally posted by damo
If that happened to my 15 year old son I think I would die laughing. But then again, you'd have to know my son. I don't think he'll be dating until he's about 40!
Mine either ::yes::
Last year when we were at a cousin's house and her 18yr old DD was playing on the floor with a couple of toddlers, and she bent over, it was obvious that she had a thong on, and DS looked, kinda puzzled.
I asked him in the car on the way home, if he liked her underwear, since he seemed to be staring, and he said he thought it was a belt:rolleyes: I really think he didn't know what it was.
Elaine

Not so dear relative gave 12 yr old niece several pairs of thongs as a birthday gift - to be opened in front of grandma & everyone :scared2: Niece held each pair up for the family to admire. DH asked her why she wanted to wear "butt floss" all day & show it to the world. Her response was "they are cool"

MY WORD!!!! No 13 year old daughter of mine would be wearing underwear like that to begin with!!! You'd better get a name Blondie and watch this little chic. Either her parents are clueless to her behavior or they just don't care!!! Boy its scary being a mom of a teenager nowadays! princess:

Okay...I have just read all 6 pages of this thread. It was too funny!

Blondie-I would move past the thong issue and go straight for the SEX issue. I'm glad that you and your DH handled it the way you did. By 14 your son is at the perfect age to have the REAL sex talk...not the one you give them the first go round...the BIG sex talk!

I think it's funny how a lot of you parents can't even imagine letting your kids wear thongs at that age. I just want to remind you, that I'm sure a lot of your children are/have done worse things at school/with friends than wearing a thong than you know about or will ever find out about! I know I did! I know my friends did, and we all were "sheltered Catholic School Girls"..::yes::

I know that at 13-14 parents want to still think of their children as their little angels, but 8th-10th grade are going to be the hardest years to get through for your kids. Lots of pressure! LOTS! Give them the FACTS instead of the "you better not have sex" speech. Just an opinion of a 20 year old.:wave2:

CBR, very well said, I think. Would this situation have been different if regular underwear or a bra was found? No, I don't think so. This has turned into a debate about thongs. The point is a personal piece of clothing was found in a teenage boys' drawer. Eewww. I would be asking question after question. I personally don't see anything wrong with wearing thongs if that was makes you comfortable. It's the showing of them that's wrong. However, I don't appreciate seeing ~old lady underwear~ hanging out of anyone's pants either.;)

Love the hoohah thing by the way;)

As for the sex thing, just remember, sometimes the louder and harder they protest, the more they have to hide. This is coming from the quiet, "good girl", that everyone thought was just as perfect a teen as they come that became a teenage mom!! Opening myself up for all sorts of flaming, I know that. But I was such a "good" kid in school and in the community that when I was skipping school once a week to do crazy teen things-- nobody batted an eyelash at the stories I made up about why I was "really out" w/ cramps or a bellyache. For awhile I actually had the nurse convinced that my homeroom teacher was making a mistake in marking me absent. Then I convinced my parents that my absent days on my report card were wrong. The thing is everyone believed me because I was such a "good kid". Now, I wasn't a "bad person", just pulling the same stuff all the other kids I knew were doing. Just remember back to your younger days and remember your kids, probably aren't any different. I know this is alittle off the subject, but the "thong" it's a sign-- especially the fact that your son kept it! Maybe not that he's "active" but he's getting there and things are happening a lot earlier these days.

Enlightening thread!! :o

Definitely a wake up call for parents and grandparents!!

OMG....Where have I been???? What's the world coming too??

First, Oprah's special about pre-teens having oral sex on school bus!!

Now, girls giving young men thongs?!

Tell me it isn't soooooo!!!!! :scared1:

~ Sandie

Okay, so I am going to play devil's advocate here. :o

Do you think HE might have purchased these for a girl?

Last December I was buying bras at Victoria's Secret. Right in front of me in the checkout line were about 4 teenage boys around 13 or 14 who were purchasing thong underwear for their girlfriends. :eek: When I said something to the cashier she said she didn't think it was a big deal until I said, "well, what if they were for YOUR daughter?" You should have seen the look on her face. :p

Also, I can remember when I was in school that you would get made fun of if your underwear was showing! :o

What is this world coming too? :rolleyes:

I know we all look at life and say, "That would never happen in my family...", but they do!

Sorry to say, but when I was in high school (waaay back when... ;) ), I know guys that kept undies as a trophy! (No, not through personal experience!) As disgusting as it may sound, you have to take a real look and be prepared that your child may already be sexually active. It's a scary thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter