• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you visit a park your last day if...

There's no way I would consider it. If it was a later afternoon flight, maybe. I don't think it's worth it given you'd only have an hour or two at most at the park, and as others have stated, I would be too stressed out about getting back on time to enjoy anything.

I wouldn't either. I'd have a nice breakfast at the resort and if I felt like it I'd take a walk. I wouldn't chance going to a park though.

I'm another nayer.

We have actually gone to a park our last day,but felt like we were clock watching the whole time-wasnt relaxing at all.

And that was leaving approx 1 and a half hours later.:)

Nope I would be so stressed out with all that could go wrong :scared: that the lasting memory for my family would be me being a witch Not worth it

Personally I wouldn't because it will take you 30ish minutes to get to a park depending on the park you choose. By the time you walk to and from bus stops and get through the gates you wouldn't have much time at all before you turn around and start the trek back.

Not with two little kids. DD, who is now 18, and I have done it from BWV with Epcot mornings a couple of times and had no trouble, but we were relying on our legs, not a bus. I'm also one of those people who makes sure everything is packed up the night before and will deliver our checked bags to RAC at 6:00 a.m.

Nope, not my crew. I try to keep travel days as stress free as possible. On our last trip, DME picked up at noon. That day, we got up, and dressed, got dressed at the children’s pace, had breakfast in the food court, then we stood in line where I got our bags checked in for the flight at the front of the hotel. You never know how long that line will be. Both times I have done this it took quite a while. Totally worth it to be free of the bags though. By the time all that was done, we had an hour and some change before we had to line up for the bus at 11:45. We spent it in the arcade. So not a lot of moving around at all. Both children still fell asleep on the bus to the airport. I was also watching the time like a hawk despite the fact we were literally a 2 minute walk from where we needed to line up and had our carry-on bags with us in the arcade. I’d be a mess in a park. This time we are driving and I still think departure day will be a resort day.

I don't think i would. It's really stressful andyou have to factor in how long it takes to check-in at the airport and going through TSA. If it was me, i might have a fun, leisurely breakfast, or a last pool day.

We are doing it, but our flight leaves at 5:30. We plan to go to morning EMH at Epcot (our favorite park), eat lunch in WS, grab a couple pastries for the road, and then head back to POR by 1:00 for our 2:30 ME departure time. I figure 1.5 hours to get from Epcot to POR is a good enough cushion LOL. It's our tenth park day and there are only two of us, so it cost barely anything for that last day added to the tickets.

I don't think I would do it for an 11:00 ME departure unless I was staying in a resort that's within walking distance to whatever park I planned on going to. In that case, I would absolutely do it. We are from California and don't know when we will be back so I totally understand the desire to squeeze in that last couple hours of magic!!

We went to a park on departure once and we had a much later flight & had a rental car. It was the most stressful day of the whole trip. We kept watching the clock. It was July or August so I felt so gross, sticky, & sweaty, the entire flight home!

No, I most certainly would not. Do an early character breakfast at one of the hotels and take your time. Or just sleep in and use that time to pack. You'd probably only get about 2 hours in the park which would be a waste.

We almost always go to a park on our departure day. Our flights are usually very late in the day...typically around 8:00 p.m. For an 11 a.m. departure time, I'm not sure it would be worth it especially considering you have to get packed and check your luggage with the airline, etc. I would probably do a nice breakfast at the hotel.

We did a park on our last day, but our flight was at 9 pm. In your situation, I personally wouldn't bother. I'd sooner spend those last few hours relaxing by the pool.

in the past if we had early picked up from ME we did either character breakfast outside of the parks, did a monorail resort tour or went to DTD.

now we have later flights so we do a breakfast - this time going to Kona and then a last few hours at MK to soak in the last little bit of magic.

as others have stated only getting a couple hours in a park isn't cost effective unless you have an AP!

We almost always go to a park on our departure day. Our flights are usually very late in the day...typically around 8:00 p.m. For an 11 a.m. departure time, I'm not sure it would be worth it especially considering you have to get packed and check your luggage with the airline, etc. I would probably do a nice breakfast at the hotel.

This is what we do too...we always book the last flight out which allows us time to really enjoy the park before heading home. However, with an 11am bus departure, there is no way we could get to a park and back.....sorry OP, I am with the rest of the group and say that it just isn't worth your time, energy, or extra money you would have to spend to do it. Depending on where you are staying, another possibility would be to make an ADR for a nearby character meal. It's a great little way to say good bye to the magic with some Disney friends :goodvibes.

I'm usually all for the extra park time, but even I would have to say no. Unless like others have said you can walk to the park from your hotel. Our usual flight home leaves somewhere between 6:30 and 7 pm. This means an ME pick up time of 3-4 pm so we do get in some MK time before we leave, but I make sure we are waiting for a bus no later than 1:30. If a park opened with EMH of say 8, I'd be sure to be on a bus back to the resort no later than 9. That's my personal OCD formula.

you have to catch a bus to the airport at 11:00am? Do you think it is worth the price of adding another day to your tickets and getting the whole family up, dressed, and packed for just a couple hours? I'm not sure when we will be able to come back, so we want to make the most of our trip.

I would not. Probably head to Downtown Disney, or a mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter