Would you think I was crazy to cancel a BOG dinner?

We were a party of six and three had the strip steak, 2 had the shrimp and scallops and one had the braised pork. Pork dish was probably the best of the three. Also disappointing to us was that the dessert menu is the same for lunch and dinner.

At the time we went, there was a "Grey Stuff Cupcake" for lunch that was different from the dinner dessert, which was more of a brownie, I guess...but I do agree with you there.

I thought the pork was delicious and very tender at lunch. But the lamb was really really good. I'm glad I didn't get the steak though! We're going back in February, so I'll stick to the lamb.

The menu still looks a little "iffy" to us, but we are going for it this time, even after reading that the food is just ok. We are there 11 days with FD and this is our last meal, so like I said on another board, I'm hoping we are so sick of food at this point we won't be that hungry or care:thumbsup2

It's your vacation! I cancelled a 7DMT FP+ yesterday after days of waffling about it - it wasn't at a time that was convenient, and there are just so many other things in the park I wanted to do instead on that day. Just because it's rare doesn't mean that it's worthy doing, you know? I'm sure some folks would think I was nuts, but I'll keep your secrets if you keep mine. ;)

WHat do you all think of keeping the dinner ressie and just going for dessert and a glass of wine, just to get the dinner experience and to meet the beast? Is that ridiculous? Is that unfair to the server? I wouldnt want to do that if it upset people.

Sometimes the thrill of the chase is far more exciting than the thing you just caught. If you're not excited about BOG, I wouldn't force myself to have dinner there just because it's a hard-to-get reservation. I think what you mentioned above is a great idea if you want to have dinner somewhere else but still experience BOG as well.

Thanks for posting this question disprincess2213. It actually helped me out also with the great thoughts from others. It would make more sense if it was an early dinner time for us, but the Lunch FP sounds like a much better idea in my case.

Thanks everyone!

I think keeping the reservation and doing dessert is a great idea. We went for lunch and dinner on our Thanksgiving trip almost 2 years ago. Our dinner was actually on the first official opening night. The atmosphere is much different at night with the lights turned down. We had a table right next to the window which was beautiful. You don't get the same feeling at lunch

That being said, we are going back for presidents week and I didn't even try for BOG dinner when my window opened up this week to make ressies. I didn't find the food to be that great compared to some other restaurants we like to dine at and didn't feel the need to experience it again. We will go for lunch though. I thought the food was quite good for QS.

I think you should experience it at least once though...especially if you stick with dessert and get to meet Beast

We were a party of six and three had the strip steak, 2 had the shrimp and scallops and one had the braised pork. Pork dish was probably the best of the three. Also disappointing to us was that the dessert menu is the same for lunch and dinner.

I had the shrimp and scallops back in October. It's a beautiful dish...that is surprisingly lacking in flavor. I'm not sure how they managed to make it so blah. I've had a similar dish other places (including at a local restaurant) and I'm practically licking the plate clean when I have it! At BOG it was just meh.

Not crazy at all but IMO lunch at bog is nothing like dinner and we won't do lunch again. Food wasn't as good and it was too much like a cafeteria to us. We prefer dinner here. However if it's really just to see the place then do lunch and have dinner at Yatchsman !

WHat do you all think of keeping the dinner ressie and just going for dessert and a glass of wine, just to get the dinner experience and to meet the beast? Is that ridiculous? Is that unfair to the server? I wouldnt want to do that if it upset people.

GENIUS!

Thank you OP for posting this. I just booked mine and I've been debating for days. I was shocked there was a time available that I've gone round and round about using it! We are doing CRT for the first time ever (did Akershus last time) and that is our big dining expense for the week. With picky eaters I just don't want to spend a ton on food they won't eat.

Yay for dessert and did someone say wine???????

Hi
would you please just let me know how to do the ADR
as I really want to reserve a table at BOG for 7 persons
I couldn't....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter