• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you take two young boys on Norway cruise?

harbin

Mouseketeer
So I know we are planning an upcoming cruise. Still in early stages of planning... Would love to do the Norway cruise in June. Question would be... Would you do it with two boys ages 9 and 4? Or would you stick to the carribean routes until they are older?

Absolutely! We took our 9 and 5 year old daughters on the 12 day Med cruise this summer. They had a wonderful time and learned so much. It's never too early to let them get a taste of different countries. We did try to alternate long days with short days when planning our excursions. They did great but we did go at a slower pace than we would have without kids. I didn't want their biggest memory from the trip being mom and dad dragging them around Europe for 12 hours a day!

Agree with the PPs. We're taking 3 on the 11N iceland/Norway ... They'll be 8 and 5 (twins).

It will be their first cruise and overseas flight, but they are well traveled (multiple flights, including airport layovers, have been away from home on trips for up to two weeks, etc.) - so we decided to go for it.

We plan to tailor our port activities to suit their interests as much as possible. Flights and pre-post cruise hotels are also being chosen with them in mind. We adults outnumber them 5 to 3, with some of us having cruised DCL before and some having been to parts of Europe, so that will help too we think.

Well!! Thanks for the replies! I am strongly considering the 7d June 6th cruise.... You have given me the "shove" to take kids to Europe!! I know it will be amazing... Trip of a lifetime!!

I just went on a cruise to Iceland and Norway with two boys--ages 7 and 4. We did bus tours and hiking. They had a great time! I think they'll have a great time, especially if they like nature.

My boys will be 9 and 4 next year. I would LOVE to take them to Norway. Sadly, my husband has halted Disney vacations for a while after our December trips. I've taken "too many" lately, so we are at least taking 2015 and 2016 off. I had no clue there was such a thing as too much Disney (which may have been the problem) :lmao: Anyway, take them, and have a great time.

My boys will be 9 and 4 next year. I would LOVE to take them to Norway. Sadly, my husband has halted Disney vacations for a while after our December trips. I've taken "too many" lately, so we are at least taking 2015 and 2016 off. I had no clue there was such a thing as too much Disney (which may have been the problem) :lmao: Anyway, take them, and have a great time.

I did Iceland and Norway with Celebrity. So maybe you can still go soon if you do a non-Disney line!

I did Iceland and Norway with Celebrity. So maybe you can still go soon if you do a non-Disney line!

There are other cruise lines?

Just kidding. One day, I would like to try the other lines.

My husband is picking the vacations with zero input from me until 2017. He already informed me there will be zero Disney. If I drop any hints about where I want to go, I am sure he will go somewhere opposite to prove it is his turn. It is pretty fair, since I have planned almost every vacation we've taken since the kids were born. My oldest will turn 8 on our next cruise, so he is due. When I return to planning a vacation in 2017, I doubt I will be able to anything other than Disney. Maybe, in 2018 or later, I will try another cruise line.

I would, most definitely. I am in college now and some of the things I am learning could easily have been learned by travelling earlier in life.

I'm a Marine Geophysics major and a lot of the stuff I am learning about comes from that part of the world. Lot's of interesting geology, not to mention culture.

Yes, I would take them. We are taking the Northern European Cruise and DS will be 11 and DD will be 2. Our kids have been all over the world, and are both great travelers. DS first trip was to Mexico when he was 14 months old, and DD went to Belgium at 2 months old.

We're doing the June 5, 2015 Norway on NCL. It's basically the same itinerary as Disney but WAY cheaper (even way cheaper than DCL opening dates). I really wish we could do DCL, but the savings is too much to pass up. We're taking our will-be 8-year old son. I think he'll have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter