Would you take 1 of 3 kids to disney by yourself?

keatonsmommy03

Mouseketeer
Here is my question:

My family, 5 ppl, have been twice in the last couple of years. My hubby and boys are tired of it and want to stay home and do a "boys week". This does not bother me but I really want to go again and so does my dd who will be 4. Do you think that this is a bad idea to go the world by myself with her? My mom might be able to go, but if not then I am seriously considering just me and dd. I have wanted to do just a mother daughter trip but I wanted to wait til she was older. But now that the boys dont want to go that means I either take her by myself or I dont go to wdw.

Thoughts....

I think you should do it! What special memories for you and your daughter! My husband and I take turns bringing each one of our kids on a special 'solo' trip for every 5th bday. If your mom can go, fantastic, but I would go anyway. My mom joined my daughter and I on her 5 year old trip. We had a great time, and Nana had patience when Mom's ran out!;)

I see no problem taking one child alone as long as the rest of your family doesn't want to go. Personally, I think that 4-years old is a great age for a mother-daughter trip :thumbsup2.

I would absolutely take my DD alone if my DH and DS wanted to stay home. Except I know my family all to well and as soon as we were getting closer to departure day DH and DS will suddenly realize they want to go.

I would absolutely take my DD alone if my DH and DS wanted to stay home. Except I know my family all to well and as soon as we were getting closer to departure day DH and DS will suddenly realize they want to go.

This sounds like my in-laws. My SIL has booked a couple of trips with just her and the kids, traveling with us and her parents, and every time at the last minute she is rearranging to add her husband on.

If they really don't want to go then it is a great idea for you and your daughter to have a girls trip while they have their boys week. I bet she will love having you all to herself on a Disney trip!!

I did this with my middle daughter ( we have 5 kids ) when she was about 8. I didnt even tell her I got Disney Barbies a Disney disposable camera and Disney Dollars and set them up on her dresser after she was fast asleep. I woke her early 5 am I think ? Because we had a 3 hr drive there. DD is NOT a morning person so I was worried she wouldnt get up. NO I didnt tell her either what was going on just get up get dressed and ya better hurry and I closed her bedroom door but stood outside of it.. wait for it.. wait for it ... SCREAMING and jumping up and down up and down.. now run like hell before you get attacked by crazed child who has just discovered we are going to Disney ALONE!! It was a blast we did all the things "She " wanted to do. It was great to have special time with her alone. We talked alot ate ourselves silly and had a wonderful time. I cant wait to do it again with my youngest DD9 who still has the "Princess magic" stuck inside of her. I would say GO!! This was her Big Birthday Suprise. I would do it again but always as a suprise because now my kids know when I start looking up times and dates we are going. the Suprise is soo much fun planning and putting together and then to see there reaction.. Priceless

How sad your other kids and husband don't want to go. :sad2: Anyway, I definitely think it would be fun for just you and your daughter. I personally would be thinking the whole time about those I left behind though, lol.

If I had the means....sure....

Unfortunately (or fortunately ;)), my kids would be hopping in the luggage. :)

A kid in our family is getting a surprise trip solo...so we kind of are doing that. Only, I'm not the parent doing it. We'd love to go--but it is a financial thing and I'm already doing something special with some other kids in the family as my thing. :)

I think you will have a wonderful time. I'd go without a second thought.:goodvibes (My answer would be different if there were kids who have never been clinging to my ankles begging me to go.)

Take her and have a wonderful DD and Mom trip.If the others don't want to go, then that is their choice, but it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice not going because of that choice.

I would - esp if the boys want to camp or have other plans and you do other family vacations, weekends, getaways or even staycations together !!

I took each of my dd's solo when they were five and it was wonderful. To really connect 1-1 and do some fun things and just have time off was great. My youngest was only 3 when I took my oldest and she loved her daddy time and then my oldest was 7 when I took the youngest and she was truly happy that her sister got to have the experience.

I see no problem taking one child alone as long as the rest of your family doesn't want to go. Personally, I think that 4-years old is a great age for a mother-daughter trip :thumbsup2.

I totally agree!

I took my middle son, just him and I last January for his 4th birthday. This January (30 days) I'm taking my oldest son just him and I. Next year, I plan on taking my youngest, as long as he's potty trained. If he's not, I"ll wait a year.

thanks everyone!! I think I was more worried about not having anyone to share the cute moments with (adult wise). DD is so exicted but I havent even told her we are flying yet. The boys would be upset about that. Only my oldest has been on a plane but he was about 1. We live in Indiana so to drive by myself would not be ideal. Besides the money im "saving" by not taking the boys, we can fly!!

Definitely go with your DD...do a princess meal and maybe that lunch at GF with the Disney doll...I have boys so not sure of the name.

Yes!!! My DH and my two teenage stepsons are not Disney fans. With such a big disparity in age - DS17, DS16, DS4, it's hard to find something to please everyone. Last August, my DH took the big boys on an NCL cruise and I took DS4 to WDW. We had a BLAST!!!! I'm hoping DH will come to WDW this upcoming August as I know my DS wants DH with him, but now I know we can do it alone if we have to and we had so much fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter