Would you stay at GF if you could?

Disney Fans

Disney Fans
We are thinking if we can go for FD we might stay at GF just for the heck of it because we may never get to really stay there again with the FD off setting the prices of the resorts. Would you guys?

I wouldn't, because I like the Poly better. But if the question is really between a moderate and deluxe, I'd say definitely stay at the deluxe if you can afford it. I'm a deluxe girl all the way! :thumbsup2

We stayed there 2 nights when our regular resort- the Polynesian had a problem with our ressie and GF was the only one available.
It's a beautiful resort but we weren't crazy about it.
I like the laid back feel of the Polynesian, BC and even the YC.

I wouldn't just because I'd feel so out of place there. I'm more of a country girl so I get really thrown off by all that class haha.

I wouldn't, because I like the Poly better. But if the question is really between a moderate and deluxe, I'd say definitely stay at the deluxe if you can afford it. I'm a deluxe girl all the way! :thumbsup2

We think Poly is GREAT also. But we are going to Maui for a couple of weeks in July so we are looking for something a little different.:) This time round if we can go.:) to the FD. My DH doesn't know for sure if he can take more time off.:( But just in case we are tying to go. I have the POP on hold but thinking of changing to Deluxe.

We stayed there 2 nights when our regular resort- the Polynesian had a problem with our ressie and GF was the only one available.
It's a beautiful resort but we weren't crazy about it.
I like the laid back feel of the Polynesian, BC and even the YC.

So it isn't more like BC feel?

Really, only you can answer that one. I think it is such a beautiful hotel. I love to walk through it especially at Christmas time. However, we have yet to stay at it. We save hard for our vacations and go deluxe and I just don't think it is what my family wants. We love the Poly and the YC. Each deluxe has it's group of fans. We like the more laid back feel of the Poly. You will find just as many people that say ," yes go for it" as those that say not to. It is just a matter of what excites you. I think it would be a mistake to go there just because it is the GF. Now if it is the GF that you want to be at....then have fun and book it.There are lots of wonderful deluxes. Good luck!:)

You guys don't think its that snooty do you?;)

Haha nope! It just not something we'd be used to and I'd be afriad of breaking everything haha. And I think the DBF would have a panic attack. He's a blue jean and cowboy boots type of fellow.

Haha nope! It just not something we'd be used to and I'd be afriad of breaking everything haha. And I think the DBF would have a panic attack. He's a blue jean and cowboy boots type of fellow.

Well I still spill my drinks at the table.LOL:rotfl: I am a clutz-And if I can sadly I blame it on the kids.LOL No just kidding.;)

I say - absolutely go for it! If you feel this will be your one opportunity to stay at the GF and it's somewhere that you've wanted to try then by all means do it. We loved it - it is newly renovated and not snooty in the least. Very kid friendly, we have four children, and relaxing. We stayed at the GF, Poly, and CR in January and I would highly recommend the GF (we really liked the others too - so we may just be easy to please:) )! Let us know what you decide.:goodvibes

If you can, you should! It's a beautiful hotel. I have only visited, never actually stayed there. I agree w/the crew that prefers the Poly, I love the Hawaiian theme & the more laid back environment. I certainly wouldn't turn down a stay at the GF though! :goodvibes

I would say if this is where you want to stay then go for it :thumbsup2
But if me I would stay at another deluxe resort as I am not a big fan of the GF. It is not it is too fancy but I think there other resorts are better but this is my view :goodvibes

I would definitely stay there if I could. I love GF, although I've only been there for meals rather than having actually stayed there. I love the whole atmosphere of the hotel, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. Maybe someday I'll get the chance to stay there.

The short answer is yes.

We were going to this coming September, we had snagged a great rate through the bounce back promotion. We decided to cancel it though because we were able to trade into a studio at VWL for the same week through Interval International, and we couldn't justify the extra expense, and we needed to use up that week anyway.

I also don't find it snooty. I've visited in shorts in a tank top on many an occasion, and I was in good company. I've also always been treated nicely by the CMs there. While you will see people dressed up to go to VA, there are just as many dressed in Mickey Ts.

We had the opportunity to stay there last year. Normally, we would never be able to afford it. Got a great rate and went in halfers with my father. I have to say that I really didn't like it and I really didn't feel like we fit in there. My dad said he always wanted to stay there...and he too was disappointed.

It is beautiful but it did leave a lot to be desired. I have stayed at the Poly many times and I just feel like the Poly is so much nicer and friendlier to families. There is a certain "feeling" we get at the Poly that was very absent at the GF.

I think its great for some. Not for all....

This year we are staying at the Beach Club Villas and hoping it will be great.

Just my 2 cents...:rolleyes1

Contemporary is also very cool, I suggest to you to stay at a "monorail resort"... to me they are the coolest... have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter