• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you sell the castle?

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
OK, don't blast me, this is just a hypothetical. :rotfl:

If you were awarded a night in the castle and some one offered to buy it off you (assuming Disney would allow it) would you accept and how much money would it take for you to sell?

I don't know what I would do. It would certainly take a lot of money to give up a once in a lifetime experience like that! Maybe if some one offered me enough to pay for my next Disney trip. This Disney addiction of mine is getting expensive! :lmao:

Not a chance. That is a once in a lifetime thing. My wife would divorce me if I tried to sell it.

I don't know..if I couldn't stay there and was allowed to, I'd give it away, but I don't know if I could charge anyone. What if they don't have lots of money? I think I would feel better just giving it away. I gave away a pair of Yankee tickets I bought this year to a close friend, who took his friend who'd never been to a game before. When I met his friend Sonny, it was such a nice feeling - he was so happy and couldn't stop thanking me for letting him finally go to a game! A bit unrelated, yes, but it was such a nice feeling.

I'd sell it, but only for the right price and it would be a very steep one. I look at it this way: it's a once in a lifetime dream experience, but it is only one night. If I could get enough money to finance my next year's worth of Disney cruises by selling it (which is usually six cruises...as I said, steep price!), I would see that as a fair trade-off.

Nope, nada, no way- jose!!!! Once in a lifetime opportunity...Couldn't put a price on it!!!!

The ability to receive a gift is not easy for some. I'm not one of those:cloud9: . I would so be luxuriating and making memories:dance3:

I was thinking abotu soemthing along these lines last night. mY DH and I are going down alone soon. If we were to go to the parks (not planning to) and won the castle night, woud I want to stay there or would I ask if I could pick the person that could stay and give it to a family that looked like they were having a really rough day??

I don't think they'd let me pick so I would probably stay, but if they said yes, I would be on the look out immeadiately.

I wouldn't sell it though, that's just not right!

NO. Reminds me of 'Indecent Proposal'. But consider Disney would not let you sell it, as they have said it is not for sale no matter who or how much.

But if I must play the game...... "I demand one mill....no, one Billion dollars"

Going along with the game pretending that Disney would let me sell it then I would - for a lot of money. But if my kids knew that we had won it, there is no way I could sell it and break their hearts. Even if the kids didn't know, my dh would probably never agree to sell it anyway. I'd be the only one in the family who would want to sell it. I'd pay bills with the money. I think I may be too practical! LOL

i would have to keep it, the person who could afford it might be able to stay in it after the year of a million dreams is up, I probaby couldn't.

I don't think I would. That is a memory I would treasure for the rest of my life and I have dreamed about since I was a kid(and still dream about lol).

If you were awarded a night in the castle and some one offered to buy it off you (assuming Disney would allow it) would you accept and how much money would it take for you to sell?

I read this and had visions of Slugworth from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! :lmao:

I would sell it for $15K. It is just 1 night, and I could do so much with that money. Give it away... never! Offer to let someone stay with us... maybe a single mom and child.

No way. But will they refund your money for your original room if you are already staying on property?

I'd sell it for enough to come back and stay a week at the Polynesian with park hoppers and the dining plan. So maybe $7000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter