Would you say All Star Sports is a good value resort for people...

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
...who aren't really into sports? DH, our two DD's and I play archery, but that's about it when it comes to sports. We're frugal, so when we go to WDW next summer All Star Sports is a possible choice due to the low price.

It depends. For me? No. Theme is important to me. I'm not a Sports lover, so I have no desire to stay there.
I'm a music lover so I've stayed at All Star Music twice.

I'm sure Sports is a great resort though and I do love the Value resorts.

ASSp was the last of the values I stayed at because I didn't think I would like the theme but once I tried it I really liked it. It has a lot going for it. I was in the Surfs Up section and enjoyed that. The layout of the resort means no room is too far from the food court or bus stops. At ASMu the layout means some rooms are a bit remote & because preferred rooms were used for the family suites there are less preferred rooms available to book. On the other hand at ASMo 6 out of 10 buildings are classified as preferred so booking a preferred room there doesn't get you as close to the front as it would at sports and it also means less standard rooms are available to book. When the busses share at the All Stars sports is the first stop.

I think the giant icons are fun and familiar even if you're not big sports fans. On top of that it's a small resort and none of the rooms are far from the main building. We like the baseball section. It's usually quiet back there.

I hope so because we are staying there in November
It won't be as "Disney" as others I have stayed in but experience has taught me that you don't spend much time in the room anyway.

I'm not a sports fan, but I really like All Star Sports! I like that it is the first All Star that the busses stop at if they are sharing busses.
We generally get a preferred room to be as close as possible to the food court and bus stop. I have a special attachment to the All Stars because that is where we spent our honeymoon. We are DVC members, but when we are low on points, we will pay cash and stay at a value or mod.

We stayed at All Star Sports and loved it. We love sports, but even if we didn't, I think we would like this resort with the big icons and Disney 'feel'. The value also helps make it enjoyable. When we did Assp we were park commandos and didn't spend a lot of time at resort (now we like to take 1/2 day parks and 1/2 day resorts), so it was perfect for our needs back then. We especially enjoyed the Baseball section - quieter and really nice pool (pool was way less crowded than the main feature pool, and we were there in August, so definitely needed to use the pool). Our favourite value resort is POP, but we would happily stay at Assp again. We also had good luck with the bus transportation at Assp. Enjoy your trip.

It was our first value sport, and apart from DH liking football and DS being a dancer, we're not "into" sports. I don't think there's any sort of need to love sports in order to enjoy a resort.

I don't much care for the movie Little Mermaid, but the room we stayed in for one night was perfectly decent.

The only sport that I like is hockey (I hate that Mighty Ducks is at Movies) but I love All Star Sports! It's a smaller resort and a lot of fun. I haven't stayed in years but we will be staying there in September. Super excited!

Last edited:
I think it's a great value, I really like the size and it's seemed less crowded than the other values. Yes non sports people may not like the theme, DD didn't necessarily like sports but she liked all the teenage boys running around. Only resort she's ever wanted to go outside on the balcony and "hang out" we were overlooking the football field... lol.

...who aren't really into sports? DH, our two DD's and I play archery, but that's about it when it comes to sports. We're frugal, so when we go to WDW next summer All Star Sports is a possible choice due to the low price.
Hi Disneyland1084!

I think it's an awesome value resort. :jester:

And IMHO there's no need to be a sports fan to be able to enjoy the themed grounds, the food court or pool area. Yeah, it might help to accentuate the experience for a hard core sports fan. But even as a "regular guy" I found it charming and fun. I also noticed kids playing around and really enjoying the larger than life check marks on the Football court. Climbing, jumping and posing for pictures with their parents. :yay:

But don't forget that as value options Disney also offers the All Stars Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century and the Art of Animation resorts. All with larger than life icons, themed decorations and fun places for kids to play around. Plus great family pools, with AoA offering the largest pool at The Walt Disney World Resort! :fish:

I am in no way a sports person and ASSp is my favorite of the All Star hotels. Well, depending on the time of year. You couldn't pay me to stay there again during Spring Break or Pop Warner time.

My All Star preference order is
1. Sports
2. Movies
3. Music

I'm not a sports fan but I stayed there in March. I loved the resort! Also, since they share a bus most of the time... Sports is the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped up, so you're "mostly" guarrenteed a seat vs standing.

Glad you posted this, OP! We have a 3 night stay coming up in a few weeks at AS Sports because my daughter thought it would be fun (and because I want to stay at all Disney resorts and why not now?) Neither I nor my mom have any interest in sports, but we decided to stay there since my daughter thought it looked neat (and since it was a good value before our longer stay at AKL).

Glad to see all of these positive posts about the resort. I will post about our experience there when we get back.

Only resort she's ever wanted to go outside on the balcony and "hang out" we were overlooking the football field... lol.
Yes,the Football Field is often referred to by teenagers(boys especially at times) as "The Most Magical Place On Earth"!:)

16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

I am admittedly a huge sports fan (my college degree is in sports management) but we only just stayed there for the first time last June and really liked it! We had a preferred room in Surf's Up, so our room was only maybe 2-3 minutes from anything we needed like the food court, buses, pool, etc. It also was not as noisy as I expected with being so close to the main entrance. We are rarely in the room so I think even if we didn't enjoy sports, for us, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Another HUGE perk for me - probably the biggest perk of staying there actually - is that even though it shares buses with the other All Stars, Sports is picked up and dropped off first which meant we virtually always got a seat on any bus ride. The only time we didn't was during an exceptionally long wait at MK to get back, but that was the only time that happened. I think even if you're not a big sports fan, the other perks of the resort such as bus situation and smaller layout would be worth it in my eyes to stay there.

Non sports fans here now at All Star Sports. While we have decided that we prefer the general room and section theming at ASM, we love the pool theming at Sports. It is themed as a surfer pool. Great beach music and beautiful colors and landscaping. We tried the pool at ASM and it is fun but the Sports pool just seems more like vacation.

I do not like the theming at all in our section- Homerun Hotel. It is a drab green. We do have a baseball pool near our room that is fine. Kids like it.

Unfortunately, they just made the Touchdown section preferred, also, so if you have a standard you will be in Homerun, Hoops, or Center Court. I think Hoops and Center Court are themed better than Homerun.

If I were to stay again, I would upgrade to preferred. Those are the two most aesthetically pleasing to us non sports fans. They are a little closer to the food court and busses, too.

Overall I would stay here again. Bus service has been very good. Food court is fine. Rooms and resort clean. Main pool has a fun theme anyone can enjoy. My daughters love walking through the Touchdown section. Our room has been quiet. You can also walk to ASM to experience some different theming.

It's a good value. Definitely some large tour groups here. You may have to have some patience at the food court, but that is true for any value resort.

Have a great trip!

I stay at ASMusic every year and love it. I also like the setting of ASMovies. Sports just doesn't do it for me. I guess I just like the decor of the other two more. This is how you tell if a value is for you. Do you expect bell service, hot tubs, fine dining, plush towels, enough room to have a tennis match in your room-then stay away from the Values. If you, like me, expect a clean room, friendly staff, a comfortable pool setting, a place to get a good breakfast in the morning-then the values are going to serve you well. To me, a hotel room is someplace to hang my clothes and allow me a good nights sleep when I return after a full day in the parks. Oh yeah-almost forgot, we do spend most afternoons poolside just soaking in that beautiful Florida sunshine (I'm from Michigan and we always travel in February).

I deeply dislike pretty much all sports in general. That being said, I would be content staying at All Star Sports again, even though the sports theme is really in your face and the theming is larger than life (literally). I've stayed there twice, and if you are just looking for a place to sleep and swim on the cheap, it's fine. Whenever I'm pricing out Disney it seems like all the All Stars are usually pretty close, AoA is usually most expensive, and Pop falls somewhere in-between. If theming is really important to you, I'd check out the other values too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter