Would you ride this ride?

NMAmy said:
Anybody else remember the ride they used to have at Cedar Point that was like a big old centrifuge and you'd be glued to the sides while it spun?

I LOVED this ride!!! I once rode it like 6 times without getting off (slow day). It's gone now though.

As far as maXair goes, yeah, I'd ride it, but I wouldn't stand near it...they're going have to hire some cleaning people specifically for that ride!

NMAmy, that was the Rotor and I LOVED that ride!!! :teeth:

I LOVE CP and I love roller coasters, but I don't think I'll ride this. I just can't take the round and round, spinning rides anymore. :earseek:

DS is home sick from school today so when he got up I showed him the picture of the new ride. He has NO fear when it comes to roller coasters or any other ride. He got a big smile on his face and said SWEEEEEET! He has been riding coasters at Cedar Point since he was tall enough to go on them. His biggest accomplishment so far is The Dragster.

When I was younger, I'd be ready to go! Now, NO WAY. I'm nauseated just looking at that picture of it! blech!!

Awesome! I'd be on it in a second. Funny, I'm afraid of cockroaches and snakes, but I'll ride any ride they can make.

That has "lunch liberator" written all over it... so big NO from me!

Check out the restriction on that ride at Hershey Park...."Guests with prosthetic legs may have to remove them in order to ride." :laughing: :rotfl: I don't know why but that just strikes me as hilarious.

I don't quite get how it will work...but sign me up for a ride.

They've got that exact same ride at Paramount King's Island. It's an excellent ride! It's very smooth and relaxed. The restraints aren't very crotch friendly though!

HOLY MOSES! I would get ill just watching people on it. I remember at Six Flags New England they have this 'swing' where they have these two huge poles and a harness hanging in between it that can hold up to three people. I had gone with my friends and three of 'em decided to do it. So we watched them get pulled up to the top of the arc and then get let go and swing, and I almost lost my lunch just watching 'em! I can take roller coasters and such, but that's just TOO much. Won't be heading out to Cedar Point for that one!

Barb D said:
Nope. I can't do anything that rotates or spins. Which eliminates just about anything at, say, Six Flags. I'd love to try the Primeval Whirl at Disney...but uh uh. 5yo DD got me really sick just on the spinning teacup on the carousel at our local mall.

I'm the same way with spinning rides, don't like the Teacups, but I did do the Primeval Whirl and I think you'd be fine with it, it's very controlled spins, not bad at all.

I would not ride that fearsome ride
Instead I think I'd run and hide
Nor would I walk beneath that wheel
For fear of wearing someone's meal

Mal & Dizneenut--Glad someone else remembers the Rotor! I did used to love that thing--one of my friends & I used to go to CP when we were teenagers with her parents. We were just talking about this the other day and neither one of us could remember the name. I knew someone on here would know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter