• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather...?

If the price were about the same, would you rather:

• Spend 3 nights at WDW followed by a 4-night Wonder cruise

• Take a 7-night Magic Cruise

Results are only viewable after voting.

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
I go back and forth on this one.

Definitely a 7 night. The 4 night is just too short. I was just starting to relax when it was time to get off the ship.

i voted 3 wdw 4 dcl

because we love wdw AND the cost of a 7 night is soooooo much more then 3 nights at wdw even with park passes and food.

SO if we only had 1 week that's what we would do.

that said - we are planning 8 nights WDW and 4 night DCL next January.

I LOVE the 7 nighters. As was mentioned before the 4 night is just waaaay too short. We added two days onto the parks before our last cruise though.

love the 7 nighters.... but even better to follow up w/ a few nights at wdw after that ;)

I voted 7 night & here's why!

I've been to WDW 17+ times and DCL once! We did the land (3)/sea (4) in Jan. 2006. At the end of the 3 days we were very tired because we ran ourselves ragged at WDW.

The cruise was just what we needed. No fighting crowds. No cell phones. No running to catch a bus & walking 5 miles around a park. No planning to get to a restaurant or back to the hotel 3 miles away. It was a pure escape in the truest sense. I've booked a 7 night for Jan 2008.

Now, if I hadn't been to WDW so much, I too would be torn. Good luck!
Gayle

7 nighter ... I would feel too rushed to "do it all" at WDW in just 3 days; and a 4 nighter just isn't long enough.

I also don't like Nassau all that much and would prefer the ports of the 7 nighter

We like the 7 nighters better.

We prefer to do the parks in a separate vacation ... we are within driving distance to Orlando, so we might not feel the same way if we had to fly half way (or all the way) cross country to get to the Parks.

i will take the 7 night cruise.
the 4 night is to short of a cruise, and the 3 night at wdw is to short

I would love to do a 7 night! I've done 5 3 nighters and although that is "Wonder"Ful...would love to make the Magic for a week! Also, at this phase....4 kids...it's much easier to keep up with them on a ship...and everyone seems happier! So, for now...I vote for 7 nights!:goodvibes

I picked 7 night because we are doing the land/sea in aug! :banana: Next time, cruise! or...7 night cruise and some extra days at wdw... :teeth:

I have been thinking about this lately too. We are going on a 7 night Eastern in April 2008 and I would like to rebook for early December 2009. I was torn between a 7 night Western and a 4 night cruise/3 day land vacation. It will most likely be just the kids and I. I thought about it long and hard, and the thought of only cruising for 4 days is not appealing. Besides, the 4 day Wonder cruise only stops in Nassau, and I am not really interested at all in that port! So we'll go for the 7 day Western in 2009! :thumbsup2

We did a 4 night WDW followed by 3 night DCL in 2005 and then this year we did the 7 night Eastern Caribbean. The only thing we missed seeing onboard was the Pooh Crew, so we spent a night at DTD and saw some there. Given the choice we will do a 7 night cruise in a heartbeat.

Didn't waste a second thinking about this one! I'd take the 7 day cruise in a heartbeat! First of all I love being at sea. As for our Disney experiences, I prefer being one place for the full week instead of splitting my stay. The moving day is taking time away from my vacation. This year we'll be at WDW for a week. Next year (finally!!!!) we'll be back at sea on the Magic:banana:

We did the Land/Sea thing, because we were never on a cruise before. We fell in love with the Cruise thing!!!!

So I choose the 7 night cruise in the poll!!

Give me DCL every time!

With 4 sons, having some free time to ourselves is priceless to my DH and I. It just cannot happen at WDW (except for the 2 hours they did the pirate cruise). We must keep an eye on them 24/7, whereas on the ship they are constantly wanting to go to the kids' clubs. It really feels like a vacation for the WHOLE family, not just the kids.

Also, I felt that on the ship, we weren't being hit up for money by our kids at every turn. I realize things like food are built into the price, but it was nice to sit down and eat, or walk up to Pluto's without having to cough up $10-30 every time. Other than the arcade, there just weren't that many opportunities for our kids to beg for money. They were content to participate in the "free" activities. (It just irritates me that so many of the major rides at WDW have you exit through a gift shop.)

Lori P. :)

I picked 7 nighter because to us cruising is alot more fun than wdw even though we are doing wdw this summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter