Would you rather cruise in Jan. or Sept.?

kamik86

DIS Veteran
For those that have been before if you could choose to do a 4 day Bahamas trip would you choose to go in Jan. or Sept? My husband and I are debating back and forth and are trying to decide...

I kind of want to do Jan but since both months are 2012 that is probably mostly because its closer!!!

We like doing WDW (we will go for around a week before the cruise) during both times but I'm not sure if there will be a difference in the cruise.

Edited to fix to Sept since Zandy pointed out I messed up... I have no idea how Dec. got into this decision!

Your title says September, but your post says December.

For those that have been before if you could choose to do a 4 day Bahamas trip would you choose to go in Jan. or Dec.? My husband and I are debating back and forth and are trying to decide...

I kind of want to do Jan but since both months are 2012 that is probably mostly because its closer!!!

We like doing WDW (we will go for around a week before the cruise) during both times but I'm not sure if there will be a difference in the cruise.

If you do mean Jan or Sept.....I would choose Sept....much warmer!!! We have done Bahamas in Jan a few times (most recently this year) and spent most of the time in our sweatshirts...we had a few sunny hours. CC weather was great...but water was too cold for us to go in.

MJ

Since you're combining the cruise with WDW I would choose January. Cooler, and not as crowded. We went to WDW then sailed last January and enjoyed the weather, but swimming in the ocean isn't a high priority. DH's excuse for not doing water sports is that he's afraid of getting harpooned.

Crowds are also really low in September since most kids are back in school. Since September offers warmer weather and low crowds, I would go with September.

You picked our favorite two months for Disney trips. We did Disney only in January and we are doing a September cruise. We are at WDW one night prior and for three nights after the cruise. I would pick Sept. for the cruise for the warmer weather. Whenever you go, it will be FUN.

If you don't mind gambling, September weather can be either wonderful (sunny/warm) or miserable (wet/windy) due to hurricane season.

We did a DCL cruise in Feb and the weather was fine.

If you don't mind gambling, September weather can be either wonderful (sunny/warm) or miserable (wet/windy) due to hurricane season.

We did a DCL cruise in Feb and the weather was fine.

This was one reason I wasn't sure about Sept.

I have done WDW in both Sept and Jan. and we only needed sweatshirts for early morning and after the sun went down in January but it could have just been really warm (or it could have been the knowledge that we were missing a huge ice storm back home :lmao:)

I really wish I could do both (DH suggested doing WDW in Jan. and the cruise in September but that means flying down twice so it costs more)

January. Love the World then and it will be a welcome escape toward the warm Bahamas during the dead of winter!

September definitely won't be cold! I don't like hot and humid weather, so I would rather take my chances in January than know I'll be miserable in September. Florida has had some pretty cold Januarys the past few years, and if it's cold in Florida, the Bahamas won't be much warmer. My recommendation would be to do a 7-night Caribbean cruise in January to get farther south.

WDW can be really hot in September and a January cruise can be very chilly (or not) but the water won't be anywhere near as warm in January as it would be in September. Mother Nature is SO hard to predict! We were on the PC this past January and it was nippy once the sun went down and rocky so rough seas can happen at any time (we missed CC).

LOL! - I could not help it!

We have a 7 night Western booked in Jan and a 5 night Canadian booked in Sept.

So I vote both!

We have done both. A little chilly in Florida in Jan. but had warm weather in the bahamas. In Sept. we had a hurricane. Disney bused everyone down south to Ft. Lauderdale to catch the ship to go around the storm on the cruise right before ours. When the ship returned to Port Canaveral our cruise went on without any problems. I guess you can't predict the weather!!! Had a great time on both cruises!!!

Hi

My vote is September.
We have cruised in December and found Castaway Water and temp too cold to really enjoy the Swiming.

That said if it was a EASTERN Caribbean Cruise then Definetly JANUARY.

As for your concern about Hurricanes....

August-September is the Peak of Hurricane season(JUNE to NOV) BUT the cruise ships do manage to Sail around and away from them.

I would not hesitate to cruise in September.

Good Luck

I've sailed/parked both and between September and January, I'd vote for September -- late September. While you can't predict the weather, I've just had better luck with September than January -- don't like being chilly on Castaway Cay!

I would pick September for sure! We cruised last September for honeymoon and had great weather! We are cruising again this September on the 7 night Eastern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter