Would you rather a 3 night in Cat 1 or 7 night in Cat 11?

stiej

Mouseketeer
We currently have the Roy Suite for 3/29 for a 3 night, and for some reason I keep naggling that for 600 more we could be gone for 7 in a Cat 11 on 3/31 and see more places. We did 2 3 nights last year, but I about had an accident on myself when I found out we could get the Roy Suite. Would you rather go on a 3 night in Roy on a ship and itenarary you have already done? Or go way down in stateroom, but a longer trip and places the kids have never been. Keep in mind we are travelling with a 6yo and a 3yo. Thanks for your suggestions!

if it were me, I'd go for the 7 night in a cat 11. DOn't get me wrong ~ I'm sure the cat 1 is pure heaven, but we just did a 3 night get away and it was way too short. The 3 night was great for just DH and I to get away for a few nights without kids, but I don't think I would do just 3 nights again.

We always travel in cat 10 or cat 11 rooms, and they are just fine for us. While a veranda would be nice, I can't justify the cost difference. For only $600 more, I'd go for 7 nights

That's an easy one. Do the 7 night! Unless you plan on spending every minute in your room it is just not worth it. Too much to do on the ship to spend it in your room.

I agree, although I would give anything to stay in the Roy Suite once.
However a 7 night cruise is just to much to pass up!

I'd do the 7 night hands down!! How often are you going to be in your room anyways? I've seen the suite, and it is beautiful!! BUT I would definately do the 7nt.

I would do the suite. With the larger space, you will find time to do things in your room. Your kids can have their own bedroom. You can order a number of meals (from all restaurants including Palo) into the room. For us, the space and amenities available to us make the cruise a much better experience. Once you sail in a Cat. 1 room, you will never want to go back to anything other than a suite.

3 day Roy suite!!! Does a cat. 11 have a window? I wouldn't be able to handle the no window thing. We did that on our first cruise (Carnival) and I vowed never to do it again. The first time we cruised Disney we did the 3 day (cat. 9) and it was way too short but I think staying in the suite would out-weigh that con.

You should add a poll to this thread.

7nt in a minute. We had the Walt Suite for a 4nt. Yes, it was wonderful. However, I found we spent too much time in the suite and ended up missing alot that was happening elsewhere.

7 nights for sure. To me it wouldn't even be a choice. I love the cruising experience so much the last thing I want to do is spend time in a suite:goodvibes Too much fun stuff to do than hang in a swanky room. Take the seven night and then just spend the night in a penthouse suite at your local hotel when ypu get home!!!:goodvibes

Seven nights, hands down. Although the suite would be a luxury, I'd rather have the days. We have stayed in a windowless cabin before, and although it is a little disorienting when you wake up, this is a very short-lived problem as you can soon leave your cabin! The point of the cruise for me is the time I spend outdoors, which is heaven.

I would do the 3 nights in Cat. 1. I enjoying savoring every moment of being pampered. I could never stay in an inside cabin, need to be able to see the ocean.

:cheer2:

I would do the 7 nights, but we spend little time in our room. As Disneynut1955 stated, there is lots of amenities, and such to having the suite, so if you are one to enjoy this, and take advantage, I would go for it. Otherwise take the 11 and have fun...:goodvibes

The 3 day Suite!!! Sure a 7 night is nice but how often do you get the chance to stay in the Roy Disney suite?

7 day cruise.................

I have gone on dcl 3/4 day cruises 5 times....Just got back from a 7 day.

OMG having more time was so much better....no rushing around...more time to relax.

MUCH BETTER PORTS.....(Nassau does not thrill me at all)

DH and i don't go on long trips very often due to work, DD's school, and Dogs but unless DCL gets a better port than Nassau for the shorter cruises we may not cruise again for awhile.

Depends on who is paying. If it is my miney I'd go for the 7 days - if someone is treating me I go for any amount of time and sleep anywhere.

Two questions.....

1) will you be crusing DCL in future years so that maybe in 2008 you'll take a 7-day?

2) does your 3 y/o still nap?

If yes to both then I would take the suite. I remember when my kids were younger that they would get exhausted in the middle of the day and needed some down time. Having the extra room was a god-send because they could sleep in one room and you could hang out in the other room.

There is that risk that the suites are so nice that you spend way too much time there and do miss out on other activities. I will admit that has happened to me. Just watch out for it.

You might not ever get a chance to cruise in a Cat 1 so I'd take it.

7 night!!!

Here is a photo of The Walt!
f3cae5e5.jpg

Been in it, never stayed!

Have stayed in cat 11, Will again, this weekend and on the first Med.
Our first time in cat 11 was the May repo, yip 2 weeks in cat 11
It is not bad. For 2, do not know if I would go 4 people in it!

Maybe cat 9 or 10

7 nights for sure, it gives your kids more time to settle and enjoy and experience all the magic. 3 nights is too short, your kids wont care a hoot what the room is like, they will enjoy and remember the "experiences".

go for the 7 nights !!!! the port of call are better too !

Do the 7 you are not in room that much granted you have children that will nap in the afternoon, but it will be so much better to be on the ship for 7 days vs. just 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter