Would you "rat" these kids out? ( update in #73 )

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
My wife and I are out front today doing some gardening. In the street in front of our home is a bunch of kids. Two of the kids live with their grandparents during the summer. I don't know the boy at all, but I do know the girl pretty well. There were about 5 kids in total.

Well the boy yells out an expression that women find "VERY" offensive. So I look over to him and say,, Hey, we don't need that kind of language on our streets". He says "sorry".

Then his buddy on a bike comes up and says "Yeah Michael, keep it clean".... but he wasn't serious, he was being a jerk, sorta making fun of what I just said. So I look at him and ask him if he has a problem. He says "No sir, no sir, no problems here".... again being a wiseguy, and he rides away on his bike real quick.

So then all the kids go accross the street to the home of the grandparents. I see them head that way. There are no cars in then driveway, so I know nobody is home. The kid with the bike drives up to join the other kids.

Then, as they are just about ready to enter the house, I hear that same exact phrase YELLED, except that they add the F Bomb in front of it. Now these kids are 300 feet away, and I heard it clear as a bell. They were LOUD.

I am fairly friendly with the grandparents, especially the grandfather.

Let it go? Or speak with the grandparents?

If it matters, all kids were about 11 - 14 years old.

Say something.

I had neighbors once who would have a pool party every weeknd and music very loud. I was ok with that, as long as the music was down by bedtime.

But the choice of music bothered me. What my kid listens to when he is still 8 or 9 years old (and older, but that was his age at the time) is MY choice, not theirs. I never heard {expletives} used so much.

I called the police, and thank goodness they could act on the noise level law passed.

I was so glad they moved.

No one should have to listen to anything they don't want to.

i would
everyone knows if it was me i wouldn't keep my lips sealed!

If it were my kids, I would want to know, so I would tell. If it's no big deal to the grandparents, that's their decision but at least it would be their decision to make.

I would say the same as Steph, if it were my kids I would want to know.

As the mother of a 10 yr old son, i would definately want to know!!

good luck and let us know what happens.

I would definitely speak to the grandparents.....and if they were my children or grandchildren, I would want to know if they were using offensive language or being disrespectful to adults.

Papa Deuce said:
My wife and I are out front today doing some gardening. In the street in front of our home is a bunch of kids. Two of the kids live with their grandparents during the summer. I don't know the boy at all, but I do know the girl pretty well. There were about 5 kids in total.

Well the boy yells out an expression that women find "VERY" offensive. So I look over to him and say,, Hey, we don't need that kind of language on our streets". He says "sorry".

Then his buddy on a bike comes up and says "Yeah Michael, keep it clean".... but he wasn't serious, he was being a jerk, sorta making fun of what I just said. So I look at him and ask him if he has a problem. He says "No sir, no sir, no problems here".... again being a wiseguy, and he rides away on his bike real quick.

So then all the kids go accross the street to the home of the grandparents. I see them head that way. There are no cars in then driveway, so I know nobody is home. The kid with the bike drives up to join the other kids.

Then, as they are just about ready to enter the house, I hear that same exact phrase YELLED, except that they add the F Bomb in front of it. Now these kids are 300 feet away, and I heard it clear as a bell. They were LOUD.

I am fairly friendly with the grandparents, especially the grandfather.

Let it go? Or speak with the grandparents?

If it matters, all kids were about 11 - 14 years old.

Invest in some ear plugs. You could even use them at Chuck e cheese too to cut down on the noise. :confused3

If it were my DS10, I would want to know. I hope that people will tell me so that I can address the issue with him. I think I still have some Lifeboy soap lying around here somewhere . . .

FullStride said:
Invest in some ear plugs. You could even use them at Chuck e cheese too to cut down on the noise. :confused3

Once again, Full Stride, you make my previous point...... :rolleyes:

Stephres said:
If it were my kids, I would want to know, so I would tell. If it's no big deal to the grandparents, that's their decision but at least it would be their decision to make.

I am with her.

Once kids know that you aren't bluffing they tend to toe the line. Since they are still quite young, I would talk to the grandfather. Someone's got to do it!

It takes a Village .

Thats all I have to say and if they do nothing at least you made an attempt.

I would tell them, like others said if it was my kid I would want to know. Any good parent would want to know if their kid was being disrespectful (to that extent) to adults, or if their kid was hanging out with kids who did that.

Especially since it sounds like you are on good terms with the grandparents, they would probably appreciate you telling them. I know if it was my kid I would.

I can barely take you seriously when it's followed up by Kellie Pickler on her knees captioned, "ya fought the good fight." Sorry. They are middle schoolers. You can try but it could also backfire on you.

No, I wouldn't pursue it.

The kids shouldn't be using offensive language, but it isn't as though they were standing in your yard swearing at you. They were on a public street, and then in the grandparent's yard, and neither area is under your control, unfortunately.

If they seek you out and do it again, I might comment. But at this point, I would let it go.

va32h said:
No, I wouldn't pursue it.

The kids shouldn't be using offensive language, but it isn't as though they were standing in your yard swearing at you. They were on a public street, and then in the grandparent's yard, and neither area is under your control, unfortunately.

If they seek you out and do it again, I might comment. But at this point, I would let it go.

I get your point. I have no idea if you are a man or a woman, but my wife was within 3 feet of them when the one boy screamed it, and she was quite upset by it. And, yes, they were in the street.... like 6 inches from my lawn.

I still have not made up my mind, though I am leaning on telling their grandfather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter